vios auto.. recommend exhaust system ?

viosqtd8820

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
my current setup.. but i kinda planning to change my direct exhaust but was worry that i will kill my performace

before started i would like to asked sifu sifu here..

i will list up what i still remember on my mod..

4-1 Custom S/S main ford
Hurricane drop-in aluminum filter
Lighten weight pulley (forgot the name liaw but yea it very light)
pivot raizin VSE
Mantola Exhaust i think is cap ayam but is direct punya... 2.5inch
Camcon VVTI controller piggy back (remove liaw because no people at bintulu know how to tune :banghead::banghead:

currently clock 9.48sec to 100kmh.. from apexi RSM

but my fuel damn full pump only can drive 380KM only.. whiles other can reach 6++ KM..
My car drink fuel like monster , but car acceleration very slow :banghead:.. if drive fuel fast car very fast nevermind hahahahha ~

what shall i do now ? i was thinking because of the exhaust not suitable for my vios ?

any reply in this would be highly appricated

tq :adore:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
Re: vios auto.. recommand exhaust system ?

iam leaning to the muffler dats causing the high fc sir, for an autobox equipped engine, i wont go with a straight through unit..

viosqtd8820

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006

Woah ~ thankx for the fast reply... so if i goes to sflow how big the inlet u are recommend ? so if i change to Sflow will it improve my performance ? :D than now ?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005

sflow muffler wud be better to generate sufficient torque in the lower revv, dat translate in better pulling power from the start ie u dont have to apply as much throttle to get the same acceleration as a straight flow muffler provides, guaranteed.

i dunno what zorst pipe size u r using now, sounds a lil too big by looking at ur fc report, but i think any sflow muffler wud be better then what u r having now. my 4g91 setup is 2inch zorst pipe, and a matching sflow mufflers (yes, i have more then one muffler for this engine, i change them on needs; smaller unit for much better fc and a bigger unit for dat top end pull. usually i use the bigger unit, lol) to match the application.

come to think of it, all my cars; na and charged are using sflow mufflers, lol

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya

bro i think u should change your pipe size to 2 inch then use s-flow muffler,or u can still use back the straight flow but add bullet in middle to give some back pressure coz your car is auto,not manual,maybe this helps improve the fc a bit.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J

Im leaning towards your piping size also, even built hondas run 2.3" piping and yours is a... auto vios. I suggest try changing it to 2.0" and then tell us.

All the best! :driver:

archsaviour

Jan 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

Hi guys,

I'm driving a Wira SE manual and need to change the exhaust system too. Just wanted to know how you guys came to recommending a 2” piping system? Is this considered the optimal setup for a 1.5L engine in terms of performance? Would there be a big difference in terms of fuel consumption (ori is 1.6”)? Would this have any effect on the lifespan of the engine?:confused:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
Hi guys,

I'm driving a Wira SE manual and need to change the exhaust system too. Just wanted to know how you guys came to recommending a 2” piping system? Is this considered the optimal setup for a 1.5L engine in terms of performance? Would there be a big difference in terms of fuel consumption (ori is 1.6”)? Would this have any effect on the lifespan of the engine?
a 2inch is actually too big for a 1.5liter, but u can match dat size with a properly selected sflow muffler. i selected mine after trying few types, and i got the one dat suits my needs/driving style.

if u r still using the std setup now, then i wud suggest u dont go and change the pipe size just yet sir, but rather get an aftermarket sflow muffler, try and see if it suits what u need. all the std engine needs is a much more breathable zorst setup, but not too much imo

engine's life span? dat depends on the tuning and how u take care of it sir

archsaviour

Jan 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
a 2inch is actually too big for a 1.5liter, but u can match dat size with a properly selected sflow muffler. i selected mine after trying few types, and i got the one dat suits my needs/driving style.

if u r still using the std setup now, then i wud suggest u dont go and change the pipe size just yet sir, but rather get an aftermarket sflow muffler, try and see if it suits what u need. all the std engine needs is a much more breathable zorst setup, but not too much imo

engine's life span? dat depends on the tuning and how u take care of it sir
Thanks for the fast reply.:adore: I was also worried that 2" would be too large for my car and would make it loose too much pressure. However, I always hear that manual cars should go for straight flow while auto should go for s-flow.

My muffler and mid-box are in need of replacement (pictures in the link below) and thus is making me seriously consider replacing it from extractor back. What would you recommend? (some recommendations from other mechanics are in the link too)

The reason why I mention the engine life span was because I'm afraid the lack(or excess) pressure from the exhaust system would cause the fumes to disrupt the engine’s flow and thus ruining it. Am I worrying too much?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
The reason why I mention the engine life span was because I'm afraid the lack(or excess) pressure from the exhaust system would cause the fumes to disrupt the engine’s flow and thus ruining it. Am I worrying too much?
yes u r, dont worry about it..

My muffler and mid-box are in need of replacement (pictures in the link below) and thus is making me seriously consider replacing it from extractor back. What would you recommend? (some recommendations from other mechanics are in the link too)
err, what link sir? i tot the original se came factory fit with a set of good flow extractor? like i said, experimen with the muffler first. the most important thing is the zorst flow characteristics, not the hardware

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

iam leaning to the muffler dats causing the high fc sir, for an autobox equipped engine, i wont go with a straight through unit..
Agree with xtremeleo. I was also a victim of straight flow on auto gb before. Low end torque sucks. FC increase. Right after I changed back to s-flow, ok already. Besides that, I would say your 4-1 extractor has effect too. for auto, best stick with 4-2-1 and s-flow muffler. And follow the original pipe diameter. I do not know what is it, but should be form 1.8 - 2.0". for auto, all these size is already calibrated for optimum torque, power and FC. Changing it will mess up the whole set-up.

archsaviour

Jan 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Ops, heres the link http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...eed-advice-wira-se-change-exhaust-system.html

It's good to know that it's just me worrying too much :biggrin:

Yup, I want to keep the extractor, but since both my mid-box and muffler are ruined. I was hoping to change the whole thing from behind the extractor onwards. (ie. De-cat, bullet, good aftermarket muffler, stainless steel pipings) I don’t mind spending a bit more so long as the quality is best for my car. (budget RM1.5k):driver:

What brands of mufflers would you recommend? Any good workshops I can visit?

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
why i read somewhere saying that you never lose power with big exhaust...just need properly tuned engine..

can explain why big exhaust are bad? do you really need backpressure? or should it be zero backpressure?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
bigger zorst will indeed increase the power level, but to what rpm sir? for a road spec car, u dont want the torque to curve out at a much higher revv so much so dat u wont be able to use it frequently. ive never said a straight flow is better then an sflow or vice versa, its dependant on ur needs sir. zero backpressure? y on earth wud u want dat?

Ops, heres the link http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforu...st-system.html

It's good to know that it's just me worrying too much

Yup, I want to keep the extractor, but since both my mid-box and muffler are ruined. I was hoping to change the whole thing from behind the extractor onwards. (ie. De-cat, bullet, good aftermarket muffler, stainless steel pipings) I don’t mind spending a bit more so long as the quality is best for my car. (budget RM1.5k)

u need help on customizing a set of zorst system sir? i can help with dat, i see ur budget is more den enough. please pm for more details, tq sir

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Ops, heres the link http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...eed-advice-wira-se-change-exhaust-system.html

It's good to know that it's just me worrying too much :biggrin:

Yup, I want to keep the extractor, but since both my mid-box and muffler are ruined. I was hoping to change the whole thing from behind the extractor onwards. (ie. De-cat, bullet, good aftermarket muffler, stainless steel pipings) I don’t mind spending a bit more so long as the quality is best for my car. (budget RM1.5k):driver:

Bro... Reduced back pressure is good. But not too low and especially not zero. Think of it, if back pressure is zero, some of the exhaust might flow back in the pipe ruining the flow of your exhaust. Some amount of back pressure is required to make sure the flow remains smooth and fast right until your muffler. The fast flowing exhaust is good to get scavenging effect out of your engine. I would say if you use your car a lot in the city, tune it for best low end torque. Stick to factory size +/- 0.2". For extractor, use 4-2-1. Oh ya, if yours is auto, better stick with 4-2-1, and factory piping... It kills, trust me T.T

Please do not de-cat. Let us be responsible drivers. Don't spoil environment. De-cat gives your a bit on improvement but very minor. Unless you re-do the whole system for decat from the extractor, piping, resonator, silencer, and muffler. Just doing a de-cat itself have very little effect on power but has a bad effect on environment and noise. so for that little bit power increase, better change your air-filter or iridium spark plugs :listen:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

eg9 bodykit wanted especially seat n spoiler..contact me = 0129345136
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience