proton waja turbo

saltydogg

Known Member
Jul 21, 2004
-dj-
Visit site
i'm curious.. how to give a waja turbo?
OTHER THAN transplanting engines.
so far i haven't seen any turbo kit that fits a waja..

any way to give a waja turbo WITHOUT transplant?

L9Turbo

Known Member
Aug 18, 2004
Visit site
Has been done in JB. Bolt-on. Using TD04. Power... not too good.

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Thats because there IS NO turbo kit for Waja. You'll need to custom make one. Buy urself a turbine (probably TO04)... an intercooler....a boost meter... a blow off.... and then drop by a workshop willing to custom all the necessary pipings for your 'turbo kit'... custom an exhaust downpipe.... then... TAA-DAA! Bolt on turbo...

BUT WAIT!!... thats not it... turbine assuming set to 0.4bar also, you car won't be getting enough fuel. You'll need to get urself an adjustable fuel regulator, larger injectors, AND an SAFC.

Just when you think its over... its NOT! Since your ECU is an n/a ECU... it doesn't detect boost... the effects? Running lean at high boost at high RPMs... so in goes extra injectors and an addition injector controller (AIC)...

Okay... now u're just about to be able to roll... its better to have an air fuel ratio gauge just to be on the safe side... drop in a bigger exhaust.. and make sure u have enough braking power. =) And not to mention, from that point on you'll need to use a minimum of semi-synthetic oil... coz' normal oil can't take the heat. =)

saltydogg

Known Member
Jul 21, 2004
-dj-
Visit site
Thats because there IS NO turbo kit for Waja. You'll need to custom make one. Buy urself a turbine (probably TO04)... an intercooler....a boost meter... a blow off.... and then drop by a workshop willing to custom all the necessary pipings for your 'turbo kit'... custom an exhaust downpipe.... then... TAA-DAA! Bolt on turbo...

BUT WAIT!!... thats not it... turbine assuming set to 0.4bar also, you car won't be getting enough fuel. You'll need to get urself an adjustable fuel regulator, larger injectors, AND an SAFC.

Just when you think its over... its NOT! Since your ECU is an n/a ECU... it doesn't detect boost... the effects? Running lean at high boost at high RPMs... so in goes extra injectors and an addition injector controller (AIC)...

Okay... now u're just about to be able to roll... its better to have an air fuel ratio gauge just to be on the safe side... drop in a bigger exhaust.. and make sure u have enough braking power. =) And not to mention, from that point on you'll need to use a minimum of semi-synthetic oil... coz' normal oil can't take the heat. =)
walauuuehhh....
so transplant will be much better right... ahhah

evo3: whoz car iz that?

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
alvin, no need extra injectors and controller for it lar, ur blowing it out of proportion

you already stated you need to change ur regulator (i suggest pump too), injector and afc, thats more than enough to provide fueling when boosting. just change to an injector thats big enough, i guess at <0.7bar with maybe a td04 can use gsr's 390cc injectors. maybe can cut price down further by just rechipping, having someone to make a modified chip to replace the afc

the thing that would probably cost alot would be the exhaust manifold since it'll need to be custom made

stay low boost, put nice bov, give enough fuel and be content with it. if ppl wanna race with u just think about the petrol prices (which will rise again yippee). shouldn't cost alot that way :lol: all u need is discipline good luck!

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Originally posted by dolly@Oct 29 2004, 18:20
alvin, no need extra injectors and controller for it lar, ur blowing it out of proportion

you already stated you need to change ur regulator (i suggest pump too), injector and afc, thats more than enough to provide fueling when boosting. just change to an injector thats big enough, i guess at <0.7bar with maybe a td04 can use gsr's 390cc injectors. maybe can cut price down further by just rechipping, having someone to make a modified chip to replace the afc

the thing that would probably cost alot would be the exhaust manifold since it'll need to be custom made

stay low boost, put nice bov, give enough fuel and be content with it. if ppl wanna race with u just think about the petrol prices (which will rise again yippee). shouldn't cost alot that way :lol: all u need is discipline good luck!
dolly...
not enuff.. really... need the extra injector... i've said it again i'll say it once more... its because of the n/a ECU can't detect boost... so at high boost the engine runs lean.

Fuel regulator + SAFC + stronger fuel pump + larger injectors... all won't help you. Tested and proven. GSR injectors are TOO BIG... you'll kill your O2 sensors running on them!

The ONLY way is extra injector + injector controller.... even with emanage or whut ever after market piggy back ECU also won't help you... coz' n/a ECU doesn't support boost sensor! (standalone... now thats a whole new different story!)

You can't just set your fueling according to RPM and hope for the best... it doesn't work that way with turbo. AT different RPMs, different throttle positions, different boost, all will require different fueling. An n/a ECU supports the adjustments according to RPM and throttle position... but doesn't know how to detect boost....

The extra injector + AIC is to conpensate more fuel while your turbine is building up pressure (boosting)... the AIC comes with boost sensors, so they can detect how much boost you're running on and release the appropriate amounts of fuel thru your extra injectors... (according to your settings that is).

Hope these info helps u to understand better.

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Originally posted by bnr34@Nov 4 2004, 23:10
haha my car 2nd photo.
WAh... slurp slurp... nice big i/c that goes really well with your added kits

tomatojon

Mar 2, 2005
i 'm damn curious to increase my waja, unacceptable performance....sigh dunwan to mention my malu case....
anyway.. i would like to push my waja a bit better...opinion.?
izzit turbo helps?...as i know ...waja engine...no so reliable...
how much i need to spend?...where 2 mod? i really need assisted..who? the expert can help me!..i just wan 2 done the legal way, JPJ tengok also geleng kepala...but cannot dun anything wan...if my waja put turbo what is the h/p estimated? sifu sifu sensei sensei...

Esky

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
How about low boost like 0.3 bar with a small (T25 maybe?) turbine and no intercooler? Heard it can be done for around RM2k in KL. All-out bhp may not be impressive, but then this kinda kit is more for city-driving with fast response.

bnr34

Known Member
Jul 28, 2004
tomatojon :::::
u want the legal way to mode ur waja.
ok.
izzit ur waja is 1.6
if yes, i recomand u go for 1.8gsr terbalik.
cos 1 or my friend also transplate this engine into his waja.
the performance is quite good.
and 1.6-1.8, jpj sure boleh.

the h/cut is about 7k (still new engine) transplate cost is about 1.5k
beside that using this engine, u can modified many thing.
1 2 go until 300hp also no problem.

anyway decision is up to u.
good luck.

tcy

Known Member
Sep 28, 2004
Visit site
waja about 100hp rite.. roughly how much hp after bolt on a turbo kit wit 0.3boost?
just wanna see if it worths the money.

Jay5

Known Member
May 4, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by bnr34@Nov 4 2004, 23:10
haha my car 2nd photo.
so tat's your car ehhh...hehehe...alwiz in ss15...DAK **** :lol:
can check out ur monster ahh...hehehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Unless you’re a rap star, a gangster from the ‘hood’, a super celebrity or just love the attention, please stick to your 18” OZ’s or whatever(they serve a purpose) or even 20” Avanti’s for your SUV or car. Ok, 22” are still acceptable but not this. 30” is huge and mind boggling but 40” !!?? I don’t know what to say, there are no words in my vocabulary. It’s not that I’m...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience