Anyone transplant 3SGE dual VVTI into SEG AE101 body?

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
Hi guys,

Just wondering anyone transplant 3SGE dual VVTI engine into local SEG AE101 body? If yes, please put some input...

All engine mounting & gearbox mounting need to modify? And is the mountings can be modded nicely?

If this transplant is possible, then I think this is better than futher upgrade the 20V engines. More HP & no need to spend more...:biggrin:

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Hi guys,

Just wondering anyone transplant 3SGE dual VVTI engine into local SEG AE101 body? If yes, please put some input...

All engine mounting & gearbox mounting need to modify? And is the mountings can be modded nicely?

If this transplant is possible, then I think this is better than futher upgrade the 20V engines. More HP & no need to spend more...:biggrin:
Aiya... you baru tau ar? Sudah lambat lo... Wahahaha...
BT where got so powerful le? You spend so much, only get little in return... What for? Sorry for BT fan, I not hamtam BT but I only said BT can't go beyond than 1.6 category and only perform good in category 1.6 only.

Anyway, the all engine mounting and gearbox mount is need to mod... No mod no fit...

Enslaved

Known Member
Jun 17, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
How is maintenance for the 3SGE engine? Spare parts availability? Tuneability? newbie here..sorry for the questions :)

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
How is maintenance for the 3SGE engine? Spare parts availability? Tuneability? newbie here..sorry for the questions :)
Some part can share with Camry le... Toyota build tough, so don't worry about it...

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
call power speed kajang 0192174320......they did before............last time back in 2003/04 many seg AE101 use either 3sge or 3sgte.......nowadays hard to see them...... 3S vvti not much stuff to play coz a bit advanced....no more using plug cable....running on plug coil....but i do found exhaust extractor for it last time n it is cheap.....timing belt n etc is the same as other 3Sge n can get locally....

i ask power speed recently about charges coz 1 guy also thinking of transplant into his seg

labour RM2000
parts e,g driveshaft, radiator n etc RM1K+

so roughly cost for everything including halfcut around RM8K........almost same price as fitting bt 6sp

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
yeah.. tat fei lo nga got well experience on this kind of conversion ... hahah

but how about JPJ endorsement procedure? any problem on cc upgrade? let say from 1.6 or 1.3 or 1.5cc body ( mine ori is 1,5cc )

1587 CC + 25% LAW = 1983.5cc.. not enuf ler?

runner can settle this ?

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
hahhahaha...
"pandai nyer"
thanks for the lesson from Jika Pay Jalan,or else I dont't know how to get the figures or calculation.

back to the topic,i was interested on this conversion before but according to sifus here,the handling will be pretty much affected after this conversion,hence another concern other than power & brake is the suspension setting.never had a chance to ride on a 3S powered SEG tho...

anyway,since many taikor here recommended few experienced mechs in such conversion,u may go & survey then share with us here :top:

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Frankly, I never seen it been done before. But i've seen a couple of 3SGE Beams single VVTI (redtop) transplanted into AE101 chassis. However, I believe almost every engine mount had to be modified and the weight balance will be disturbed.

Converting 3SGE Beams Dual VVTI (from Alteza) is rather difficult because its designed for FR platform. So you need to work on the engine mounts, water lines and matching the right gearbox is going to be an issue as well.

If you want sheer power, I would suggest to go with 3SGTE instead. 3SGTE parts are much cheaper and HP gain is phenomenal as compared to NA. Besides sourcing 3SGE Beams parts is quite hard as rarely you can see performance parts for 3SGE Beams DVVIT or VVTI engine.

Also, I think JPJ approval might not be possible if done legally as for 1.6 chassis to 2.0 is over the allowed limit. Even if u get it done by "jalan", you car will still be compounded during JPJ roadblock. IMO, AE101 1.6 chassis max allowed within legal limits should be 1.8... which reminds me of the awesome power of LIFT with the 2ZZGE! Maybe u can consider plonking in a 2ZZGE all aluminium motor and feel the power of LIFT beyond 6000rpm till redline.

Last edited:

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Frankly, I never seen it been done before. But i've seen a couple of 3SGE Beams single VVTI (redtop) transplanted into AE101 chassis. However, I believe almost every engine mount had to be modified and the weight balance will be disturbed.

Converting 3SGE Beams Dual VVTI (from Alteza) is rather difficult because its designed for FR platform. So you need to work on the engine mounts, water lines and matching the right gearbox is going to be an issue as well.

If you want sheer power, I would suggest to go with 3SGTE instead. 3SGTE parts are much cheaper and HP gain is phenomenal as compared to NA. Besides sourcing 3SGE Beams parts is quite hard as rarely you can see performance parts for 3SGE Beams DVVIT or VVTI engine.

Also, I think JPJ approval might not be possible if done legally as for 1.6 chassis to 2.0 is over the allowed limit. Even if u get it done by "jalan", you car will still be compounded during JPJ roadblock. IMO, AE101 1.6 chassis max allowed within legal limits should be 1.8... which reminds me of the awesome power of LIFT with the 2ZZGE! Maybe u can consider plonking in a 2ZZGE all aluminium motor and feel the power of LIFT beyond 6000rpm till redline.

Yes... the 3SGTE are the most economic way to get HP...
2ZZGE i also not so recommend, because the halfcut abit pricy le... another is damn hard to find it too...

Anyway... 1.6 to 2.0 in Toyota and Honda will get approve without feeding too... My friend all use AE92 1.6 and put in the 3SGTE le... no problem found le... My friend ask the Puspakom, they said only proton car was not allowed... But Toyota and Honda may increase up to 30%

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009

Harris3s

500 RPM
Dec 18, 2003
Kota Bharu Kelantan
Visit site
hehe...too late lar now... im using 3sgte in my seg registered in 2004 so far so good..
Handling...Toyota seg body was tight enough to handle 2.0cc syarat nya ada adjustable depan belakang...also u need SAFC 2 to reduce fuel cosumptions....

engines Spareparts mostly same as camry n Corona...

mamatAE111

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
"i ask power speed recently about charges coz 1 guy also thinking of transplant into his seg"

Aiyoo, thanks for tom's for not direct putting my name in there...
I have been researching for so long now what halfcut to put in my car to replace my trusty 4A-(FE, auto summore hehehe..).
Adjustable ada dah, brake depan pun pakai ST205 dah...
I know 3SGE/GTE transplant is doable. About same money as 6 speed BT transplant.
I have actually bought a 3S Power Enterprise timing belt from a forummer here just to convince myself that one day I must commit to do this transplant!!

But only the money, or lack of money is stopping me... susu dan pampers lebih penting :biggrin:

Anyway my 4AFE auto is strong enough to propel the car fast downhill Karak. Kalah ngan Evo je:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi brother's,
Need some info bout Perdana v6's plug cable!!I'm looking for good high performance plug cables for my ride does anyone here know's where can i purchase the item coz i tried to find round Jaybee but itz very expensive and i'm not totally happy with the products.If anyone here knows where to purchase it plz kindly gimme de info thankz in advance:_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience