Fake Iridium Spark Plugs

mnymy

Jul 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hai, have anyone came across fake Denso or NGK Iridium spark plugs?
Mine bought new 2 weeks ago, broken to two pieces during fittings and the tip melted after 2 weeks running. Almost cost me an overhaul..never happen before using both brands..last time bought cheap.:mad:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No wonder bro. TitanRev that day mentioned his Iridium melted. I told him in my turbo 2 sets also no melting....

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
thats scary man...
never check my plug before.. later go back need to check already..

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hai, have anyone came across fake Denso or NGK Iridium spark plugs?
Mine bought new 2 weeks ago, broken to two pieces during fittings and the tip melted after 2 weeks running. Almost cost me an overhaul..never happen before using both brands..last time bought cheap.:mad:
How much did you buy them? Please share the seller details clearly here so we can all avoid!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nowadays many other parts like that. Even my mechanic also kena, for him he has to repurchase and redo for his client therefore becomes a loss to him. Of course for parts he can still claim from spare part shop but labor still loss....

ahming888

Sep 14, 2011
SIBU/SARAWAK
Fake denso and NGK iridium is very common since i 1st time buying iridium spark plug during 7 years ago. It is too common and hard to distinguish fake and genuine. Only few post with pics got discussion on that topic

Sent from my D6633 using Tapatalk

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
No wonder bro. TitanRev that day mentioned his Iridium melted. I told him in my turbo 2 sets also no melting....
Mine lasted longer than TS. Only 1 plug tip melted. Lucky nothing broken.

KeeSeong

Known Member
Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Mind to ask all sifus, how to actually see when the spark plug needed a change?? Is it the engine will vibrate or couldn't start at all????

Normally how long the life span of the spark plug? 2years??

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Depends on what plugs also, best is go by mileage. If normal plugs can see the middle electrode worn round can change already. Platinum and Iridium the tip is so small and it hardly wear, so go by mileage is best....

KeeSeong

Known Member
Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Depends on what plugs also, best is go by mileage. If normal plugs can see the middle electrode worn round can change already. Platinum and Iridium the tip is so small and it hardly wear, so go by mileage is best....
Oiccc.. Normally how much mileage it can go?? 30k km??

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Mind to ask all sifus, how to actually see when the spark plug needed a change?? Is it the engine will vibrate or couldn't start at all????

Normally how long the life span of the spark plug? 2years??
Oiccc.. Normally how much mileage it can go?? 30k km??
If the plug is already fouling then you'd have misfiring, like engine coughing/jerking/vibrating.
Normal plugs around can reach 30k km.
Iridium plugs can reach 100k km.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A quick glance at this, and you could easily mistake this for just another 458 Italia. But the stickers scream 'RACE', and when you run your eyes across the finer details, you will notice the single bolt wheels. Typical. You see single bolt wheels, and you already know that this car has a purpose. In fact, every car with single bolt wheels have the same purpose -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience