Myvi 1.5 fuel consumption

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
4G15 Auto 3 Speed - Heavy Footer, Usually cruise 4.5krpm at 130km/h = RM30 for 100km

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
This is true.

The 'god car' Toyota Vios is more comfortable than the Myvi and has almost as good FC
The thing is, Myvi 1.5 manual is selling for 50k while Vios J manual starts at 76k. RM26k difference is quite a lot of money. The amount saved between Vios and Myvi's monthly installment is probably enough to pay for some of the petrol bill.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
This is true.

The 'god car' Toyota Vios is more comfortable than the Myvi and has almost as good FC
Easily on par in terms of FC, 1.5L Vios vs 1.3L Myvi. That's why I say the 1.5L Myvi isn't that much more, driving style makes more of a difference than the 200cc displacement.

Bg2719

Mar 25, 2017
Selangor
The thing is, Myvi 1.5 manual is selling for 50k while Vios J manual starts at 76k. RM26k difference is quite a lot of money. The amount saved between Vios and Myvi's monthly installment is probably enough to pay for some of the petrol bill.
This is the reason why I'm getting a myvi than a vios. The thing is, I've already used the 1.3 auto myvi so I wanna get the 1.5 manual as a change.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This is the reason why I'm getting a myvi than a vios. The thing is, I've already used the 1.3 auto myvi so I wanna get the 1.5 manual as a change.
After so many years with auto, you think can handle manual, especially in city jam?:driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Why don't you just stick with the 1.3 auto Myvi? No point getting into debt again. Save the money and can buy something better like a Honda City or god forbid a Kia Cerato.

The 1.5L Myvi is still a Myvi....

Bg2719

Mar 25, 2017
Selangor
Why don't you just stick with the 1.3 auto Myvi? No point getting into debt again. Save the money and can buy something better like a Honda City or god forbid a Kia Cerato.

The 1.5L Myvi is still a Myvi....
I'm seeing the budget la actually. I do have a 2014 City and a cerato at home actually hahaha. Pretty good cars. Cerato is kind of high maintenance in terms of service but the comfort and tech is really good. I find Myvi the perfect car to suit my preferences la so that's why

Bg2719

Mar 25, 2017
Selangor
After so many years with auto, you think can handle manual, especially in city jam?:driver:
Hahaha. Good point bro. I've always wanted a manual la. Even it is not very practical, it's very fun to drive doesn't matter what car it is. Getting caught in jams and suffering from leg pain from clutch is part of driving a manual anyway. I've temporarily used a manual car once for like a month and fell in love with it. That's why.:driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hahaha. Good point bro. I've always wanted a manual la. Even it is not very practical, it's very fun to drive doesn't matter what car it is. Getting caught in jams and suffering from leg pain from clutch is part of driving a manual anyway. I've temporarily used a manual car once for like a month and fell in love with it. That's why.:driver:
In that case, welcome to manual world. I am driving manual too......:driver:

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
hahahaha:biggrin: Haven't yet bro. But thank you so much anyway. I can't wait actually.:driver:
Bro, I not potong-ing your steam here. I not sure about myvi 1.5 but for myvi 1.3 manual, i can tell you the clutch unit is quite heavy compare to proton. The reason i can think of might be myvi is using wire type instead of hydraulic clutch. I suggest you do a test drive first before you commit.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro, I not potong-ing your steam here. I not sure about myvi 1.5 but for myvi 1.3 manual, i can tell you the clutch unit is quite heavy compare to proton. The reason i can think of might be myvi is using wire type instead of hydraulic clutch. I suggest you do a test drive first before you commit.
Even when brand new? Usually new pressure and clutch plate should be very light. When worn can be pretty heavy

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Courtesy of several European magazines, twelve high-resolution images of the all new Land Rover LRX concept have leaked online ahead of the crossover’s official debut. In the first half of this year, Land Rover released a single teaser image of the two door SUV. It will be on display at the Detroit auto show.

Its styling seems to be the same as the recently revealed BMW X6. This seems to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience