Braking issue

lukel95

Known Member
Dec 6, 2016
GB birmigham
remove the tire when u want to check.
check properly on the inner side of the disc and the rotor cover which faces the inner side of the disc.
yours could be at early stage so no holes yet on the rotor cover.

another issue could come from cheap aftermarket pad which is not flat.
either the outer circle or the inner circle of the disc will come into contact with the pad when you step on the brake. this is worse as you wont have full brake power when u needs it.

a jammed brake piston can causes such problem too but most of the time you will have overheated brake.
If they are cheap aftermarket pads only part connecting with the rotars like you say, will that make the light scrapping sound? They probably are cheap crap ones as the garage that did them 'mot' the car and let me leave the garage with fuel pouring out the fuel filter, is there a way of knowing they are cheap crap or just trial and error buying new good ones?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah mintex and apec are common, should I try sanding the pads first?

Take out try and see if you can tell what pads are they. Should have some marking on the back....:smokin:

lukel95

Known Member
Dec 6, 2016
GB birmigham
Take out try and see if you can tell what pads are they. Should have some marking on the back....:smokin:
Update..I've just noticed that the scratching noise will start if I'm going down a hill in 3rd at 30mph and shift down to 2nd.. and im sure it gets quieter if i put my clutch in, what could this be? Bearing?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Update..I've just noticed that the scratching noise will start if I'm going down a hill in 3rd at 30mph and shift down to 2nd.. and im sure it gets quieter if i put my clutch in, what could this be? Bearing?

Clutch release bearing?:hmmmm:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Would the clutch release bearing make the noise when braking to a stop though?

Just wondering now is it brakes issue or clutch, because you say press clutch less noise....:confused:

lukel95

Known Member
Dec 6, 2016
GB birmigham
..or from the gearbox?
No idea, a little bit off topic but i have a 1.3 neo, could I just straight swap the engine for a 1.6 neo engine or mitsubishi engine? Or will I need to swap other things to

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No idea, a little bit off topic but i have a 1.3 neo, could I just straight swap the engine for a 1.6 neo engine or mitsubishi engine? Or will I need to swap other things to

Might as well find the problem first. Unless major, then only thing of swap.....lol

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Might as well find the problem first. Unless major, then only thing of swap.....lol
yup, diagnose the problem first.
either brake issue, clutch issue. Full repair/replacement is cheaper than engine swap ?
anyway is your call base on mechanics advice. :smokin:

lukel95

Known Member
Dec 6, 2016
GB birmigham
yup, diagnose the problem first.
either brake issue, clutch issue. Full repair/replacement is cheaper than engine swap ?
anyway is your call base on mechanics advice. :smokin:
Okay I will resolve the problem before thinking about engine swap

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

'(00): If you ever wanted a race engine in the shape of a the picture above and not want to build it yourself, you might want to give Zulfadly a call. He's put together a 676hp 4G63 just for for drag racing and from the pictures, it looks the part. Reading his post, he's parting with the engine for a change in his life.

have evo drag engine for sale, hard...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience