Myvi 1.3 manual driveshaft cover

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Today, I went for a driveshaft rubber cover change for Myvi 1.3 manual. But the shop says that to change it, you must pour out all the gearbox oil before you can proceed. Is this really necessary or not? Because last time my Wira 4G15 went for a drive shaft change and my mechanic did not even pour out the gearbox oil.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Today, I went for a driveshaft rubber cover change for Myvi 1.3 manual. But the shop says that to change it, you must pour out all the gearbox oil before you can proceed. Is this really necessary or not? Because last time my Wira 4G15 went for a drive shaft change and my mechanic did not even pour out the gearbox oil.
Not sure for Myvi, but if some leaks out, just top up later when drive shaft have been fitted back in....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
if not mistaken, do alignment after replace rubber. :rolleyes:
For a peace of the mind, do alignment check, but for me if steering still straight I don't bother unless mechanic removes the tie rod end also....lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Not sure for Myvi, but if some leaks out, just top up later when drive shaft have been fitted back in....
The guy leaked all out first. Then only proceed to remove driveshaft... But last time when my Wira is doing it, totally don't need to drain out gearbox oil and nothing drips down also. :confused:

if not mistaken, do alignment after replace rubber. :rolleyes:
Done that.

For a peace of the mind, do alignment check, but for me if steering still straight I don't bother unless mechanic removes the tie rod end also....lol
Alignment is the reason why Myvi is doing all these. Today went to do alignment. Shop say driveshaft cover broke. Need replace. Then say need replace gearbox oil also because all need pour out. Some more found out the car is equipped with camber nut or something like that. Wrongly sized bolt.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Alignment is the reason why Myvi is doing all these. Today went to do alignment. Shop say driveshaft cover broke. Need replace. Then say need replace gearbox oil also because all need pour out. Some more found out the car is equipped with camber nut or something like that. Wrongly sized bolt.
Oh! actually do alignment found out drive shaft booty torn. He want to make more ask you change MT oil. Anyway is your MT oil due? If yes, might as well......lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Oh! actually do alignment found out drive shaft booty torn. He want to make more ask you change MT oil. Anyway is your MT oil due? If yes, might as well......lol
If is my Wira, I walk away to my usual mechanic place already. :biggrin: For the Myvi, I think the gearbox oil is due. The last major repair of the car would be repair from insurance agent mechanic at KL. That time my aunt crashed the car during middle of 2014. I think this insurance agent mechanic swapped out the wrong sized camber bolt to the car.

From then till now, nothing has been done except change tyres and engine oil change few months ago. The tyre shop used Castrol gearbox oil for the car. I ask them don't have anything else, they say no. My Wira is using Toyota brand.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Yes I think the gear oil need to be out first else everywhere is gear oil if take out the driveshaft. Previously i do a clutch replacement while taking out the gearbox,mechanic drain out all the gear oil then proceed to dismount the driveshaft to the gearbox.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yes I think the gear oil need to be out first else everywhere is gear oil if take out the driveshaft. Previously i do a clutch replacement while taking out the gearbox,mechanic drain out all the gear oil then proceed to dismount the driveshaft to the gearbox.
Oh, alright. Thanks for informing. So, I guess the drivetrain structure for Myvi K3-VE is different from Wira 4G15.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As the topic title states. How would E-vent/E-kool perform as compared to a tint of the same price range? The E-Vent is priced at RM388 + RM50 install last time i checked. Feedback and comments appreciated. :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience