HELP! Myvi Se08 Fuel smell inside cabin after pump full tank

Mivec559

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
Last month, i have just bought a 2nd hand Myvi Se08.
Everytime after finish pumping fuel (Full tank) into my Myvi and there is fuel smell inside the cabin..
I have asked some of my friends who owned same 1st or 2nd gen Myvi like mine..mostly of them 8/10 are facing the same problem too..is there any solution to prevent this from happening ?

SIFU pls help..!!

Everytime after i finish pump fuel ,i need to wind down the window for some fresh air and blow the fuel smell away unless i wanted to have dizzy sickness due to inhaling too much fuel smell..:bawling:

p/s : sorry for broken english..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
go to any service center and tell them the seal in the petrol tank or somewhere there needs changing.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
kk thx izso..hope thats the causes..
It's a known problem for the post 2007 range of Myvis. The new "Lagi best" models don't have this problem and the older 2004 EZI and all those don't really have the problem. It's just a simple seal, I think costs something like RM40 to replace.

Mivec559

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
icic..thx izso..do u think that the sealing can be DIY?
or do u prefer to just sent it to the nearest SC to do the job..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
icic..thx izso..do u think that the sealing can be DIY?
or do u prefer to just sent it to the nearest SC to do the job..
If you have the tools why not? Just need to be prepared to get your hands smelly from the petrol

Mivec559

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
If you have the tools why not? Just need to be prepared to get your hands smelly from the petrol

haha izso..im thinking of just try sealing the hole with some silicon glue or epoxy to do the job..just wondering if i just seal the holes easily without removing anything will it be effective o not onli..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
haha izso..im thinking of just try sealing the hole with some silicon glue or epoxy to do the job..just wondering if i just seal the holes easily without removing anything will it be effective o not onli..
No no no.. you can't do that. It's a gasket that needs replacing, you don't seal it with silicon! Besides, you don't know where exactly is the leak. I could be wrong about the gasket and next thing you know it's a hose leak somewhere which can be catastrophic!

Mivec559

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
No no no.. you can't do that. It's a gasket that needs replacing, you don't seal it with silicon! Besides, you don't know where exactly is the leak. I could be wrong about the gasket and next thing you know it's a hose leak somewhere which can be catastrophic!
omg..then i think rather just go to the nearest SC and ask for help..coz i bought this as 2nd car thou..afraid that they will check the previous record of checking in to P2SC and found out there's no record since ... then refuse to help me..

check the hose from insert of petrol nozzle into petrol tank, its a S hose.
mine was leaking previously. its a perdana.
ya this i know..i faced this matter b4 on my wira too..but my myvi is not facing this prob..i have checked already..

Oct 14, 2016
MIRI/SARAWAK
Myvi owner from 2005 to 2010 [probably]. Charcoal Canister causing the problem to leak. That's why always smell petrol gas every time you fill up. This item is seldom sold by the aftermarket spare parts shop, half-cut shop or second hand shop. You can get it from Perodua Service Center. Even the Perodua guys might not know this. You have to ask them to search it. Almost no one know what the Charcoal Canister is because no one is selling.

By the way, most mechanics or sellers say this thing won't spoilt one. I would say " Bullshit! ". I changed it and now no more smell already. EBay got selling but really expensive. And, some more, it is second hand. Better get it from Perodua Service Center. About RM150. However, hope this helps you guys.

Attachments

Reactions: Izso
Oct 14, 2016
MIRI/SARAWAK
By the way, when you fill up the petrol gas, please don't fill up again when automatically stop filling itself. If you filled up again, too much fuel gas may damage the Charcoal Canister. I found out when Charcoal Canister leaking, myvi will not have fuel saving.

Reactions: Izso

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i wan to ask about Toe kit n chamber kit for Wira. anybody have try it. Plsss give some advice. Im planning to put it to my Wira. Here the website >>> E-Catalog , E-Catalog . Usually toe kit where to fit for wira 1.5. Plss explain...

Then currently i decide to upgrade my braking system to VTTR. Anybody have tried it. im planning to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience