Choice of Project Car

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Wah so lucky indeed! I'm happy if my wife sleeps in the car, then I can drive as fast as I want as long as it's smooth so she won't wake up. The problem is difficult to convince her to buy a fast car like an Evo! She keeps saying I'm crazy to buy 10-15 yr old, manual, harsh & loud car that is just Mitsu for the price that can almost get a 2012-2013 BMW 328i F30! Hence budget NOT approved by this home minister. Sigh...
Your home minister is wise, from economic point of view, the BMW F30 is a much much newer car and its more comfortable yet packs a punch. I think you better buy an EVO for your own and don't need to fetch anyone, cause not everyone can withstand the harshness of an EVO.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Yup i don't like to lie about my car's identity, i will find someone to modify the round fuel cap to go inline with the wide fender.

Who said anything about declaring the engine :P ... It's a straight swap and both engines look too damn identical. I can stroke my stock engine with better internal parts if my engine block is up for the job.
hahaha u cant really swap the engine and really kep it looking stock... the siput installed is a big give away unless you mean the 2.4 block then you have to restamp the block kan.... thats illegallah.

dont know if it makes any dif whatsoever now, but AIG makes you declare upon submitting your data that your engine's displacement has not been tampered with.... i guess they cant really tell if its a stroker kit, but block replacement, ur lucklah if the inspector pandai.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wah so lucky indeed! I'm happy if my wife sleeps in the car, then I can drive as fast as I want as long as it's smooth so she won't wake up. The problem is difficult to convince her to buy a fast car like an Evo! She keeps saying I'm crazy to buy 10-15 yr old, manual, harsh & loud car that is just Mitsu for the price that can almost get a 2012-2013 BMW 328i F30! Hence budget NOT approved by this home minister. Sigh...
Your wife drives? If she does, get her, her car, then you buy your car. Like my wife she drives her, I drive mine. Hers also double and family car since she like quiet and comfort so mine can be sporty with stiff suspension.....lol:biggrin:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Your wife drives? If she does, get her, her car, then you buy your car. Like my wife she drives her, I drive mine. Hers also double and family car since she like quiet and comfort so mine can be sporty with stiff suspension.....lol:biggrin:
hahaha, my wife sit beside me once when i drive wira. That is the last time she say.
If she know how much i already spent, i think whole house drop down. :listen:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
1 time off payment per year..bleh absorb kut :smokin:
2 litre to 2.4 litre price will increase by a lot.

Yup i don't like to lie about my car's identity, i will find someone to modify the round fuel cap to go inline with the wide fender.

Who said anything about declaring the engine :P ... It's a straight swap and both engines look too damn identical. I can stroke my stock engine with better internal parts if my engine block is up for the job.
That will be unique if you manage to do Evo X wide rear fender but maintained the round cap. Do post photos of it here if you really go ahead with the plan.

Well, assuming if nothing much happens to your car, you can just swap away the block without anyone knowing. If something bad happens and they need to identify your car by block number, then perhaps it might be troublesome. Or like you say, you can rebore your block if it is possible.

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
My Thai girlfriend has a nice Mazda 2 Automatic, and when we go somewhere together we almost always take her car. I normally drive and to be fair it is a nice everyday driving car, just not that fun.

The ride on my car on coil-overs is very hard and on some uneven roads she says it makes her sick (might look into getting them tuned for a slightly softer ride eventually), and now I have my 4G92 Mivec it is too tempting to take the revs over 5500 rpm whenever their is a clear road to feel the Mivec cut over kick in which really makes her bitch and moan at me :thefinger:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My Thai girlfriend has a nice Mazda 2 Automatic, and when we go somewhere together we almost always take her car. I normally drive and to be fair it is a nice everyday driving car, just not that fun.

The ride on my car on coil-overs is very hard and on some uneven roads she says it makes her sick (might look into getting them tuned for a slightly softer ride eventually), and now I have my 4G92 Mivec it is too tempting to take the revs over 5500 rpm whenever their is a clear road to feel the Mivec cut over kick in which really makes her bitch and moan at me :thefinger:
Same here, wife had a Chery SUV for last 5 years, now she have a much more bigger and comfortable Forester double as family ride, so that leaves my VR alone......hhahhaha:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Your home minister is wise, from economic point of view, the BMW F30 is a much much newer car and its more comfortable yet packs a punch. I think you better buy an EVO for your own and don't need to fetch anyone, cause not everyone can withstand the harshness of an EVO.
On face value now, yes her choice seems wiser economically, BUT judging by how much the depreciation/RV between both cars, it looks like the Evo is actually a better buy now since it retains RV very strongly leh, much stronger RV than the BMW! Just compare the price movement in the last 3-4 yrs, an Evo IX only drops like from rm140-150k to 100-120k while the 328i already drops from over 250k to now just 120-140k!

Yes she drives her Livina now but still she makes noise! She also already like my Mark X, she said it looks cool, classy, and comfortable too, unlike the Evo with that racer wing and hole on the hood!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
On face value now, yes her choice seems wiser economically, BUT judging by how much the depreciation/RV between both cars, it looks like the Evo is actually a better buy now since it retains RV very strongly leh, much stronger RV than the BMW! Just compare the price movement in the last 3-4 yrs, an Evo IX only drops like from rm140-150k to 100-120k while the 328i already drops from over 250k to now just 120-140k!

Yes she drives her Livina now but still she makes noise! She also already like my Mark X, she said it looks cool, classy, and comfortable too, unlike the Evo with that racer wing and hole on the hood!
She like the Mark X just nice loh! Sell Livina, give her Mark X then buy Evo......hahhahhahahah:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'm considering that too. Just that the Livina is still quite useful when want to carry big stuff (like from IKEA) or if relatives come from Jakarta to visit us.

Sons' & dad's dream together come true! :biggrin:
Keep Livina as spare car......lol:rofl:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
2 litre to 2.4 litre price will increase by a lot.

That will be unique if you manage to do Evo X wide rear fender but maintained the round cap. Do post photos of it here if you really go ahead with the plan.

Well, assuming if nothing much happens to your car, you can just swap away the block without anyone knowing. If something bad happens and they need to identify your car by block number, then perhaps it might be troublesome. Or like you say, you can rebore your block if it is possible.
Just noticed that the round fuel cap is not as big as the square Evo type, so its' harder than i thought. Will keep you posted once i done it. Currently looking for bolt on Evo rear fender from the USA, they have FRP made ready to ship out.

Rebore the old engine is risky, and furthermore i don't think i can bore it till the 2.4 litre range, i have to play around with the stroke ratio too, means i will be needing 2.4 crankshaft, conrod, and custom compression pistons for higher compression.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008

Dude, poor choice of "england" word, MOAN is sort of pleasure noise :P. If she was angry, bitch and yell sounds just right.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Following the debut of the sharp Centenario coupe earlier this year, Lamborghini had just done the expected; chopping the roof off its masterpiece. Yup, introducing the Centenario Roadster, not so surprising, but wows us nevertheless.

Sant’Agata's latest creation was unveiled at Pebble Beach this week, with a price tag of $2.2 million and only 20 units will be built. And guess what, they’ve all...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience