First Impression: RCS Suspension - Velocity Sensitive Dampers

keni988

May 26, 2004
Now front two fingers, behind two and half(max already). And front will knock if bump is sharp...The spring cannot tune according to foreman. I think is normal for short spring, just have to driver slower.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Now front two fingers, behind two and half(max already). And front will knock if bump is sharp...The spring cannot tune according to foreman. I think is normal for short spring, just have to driver slower.
How many ways adjustment do your suspension have?

As per picture above, my front suspension. Lower detach part is for height adjustment.
In the middle of the suspension right at the bottom of red springs, that is to adjust spring tension. Tighten more and can still go higher, until damper shaft max height, by then very tight already.....hahhahha

Last edited:

keni988

May 26, 2004
How many ways adjustment do your suspension have?

As per picture above, my front suspension. Lower detach part is for height adjustment.
In the middle of the suspension right at the bottom of red springs, that is to adjust spring tension. Tighten more and can still go higher, until damper shaft max height, by then very tight already.....hahhahha
The set I got is normal one, only can adjust height by adjust spring tension.
Readjust to 2.5 front and 3 behind today.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for providing your feedback jonnip and Zanskie for informing the name change.
To be honest, I haven't been in touch with RCS for quite some time, years maybe.

I agree with Jonnip on a few points.
RCS products perform at their best when new or just serviced, and unfortunately so, that exact spot on sensation lasts at best for a week and deteriorates over time at an exponential rate. Servicing it preserves the performance but at the same time causes it to deteriorate faster as well.

I have yet to determine why this is so, It could be the extremely low ride height I was running on, the compressed air nipple on the body of the shock perhaps, the disassembling and reassembling process, etc etc.

However, my opinion still stands (as of time of this post),
I have yet to experience another aftermarket/custom suspension set that had performed this well before. If only it were able to last.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The set I got is normal one, only can adjust height by adjust spring tension.
Readjust to 2.5 front and 3 behind today.
Oh! means you have the Hi Lo one only....

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Thanks for providing your feedback jonnip and Zanskie for informing the name change.
To be honest, I haven't been in touch with RCS for quite some time, years maybe.

I agree with Jonnip on a few points.
RCS products perform at their best when new or just serviced, and unfortunately so, that exact spot on sensation lasts at best for a week and deteriorates over time at an exponential rate. Servicing it preserves the performance but at the same time causes it to deteriorate faster as well.

I have yet to determine why this is so, It could be the extremely low ride height I was running on, the compressed air nipple on the body of the shock perhaps, the disassembling and reassembling process, etc etc.

However, my opinion still stands (as of time of this post),
I have yet to experience another aftermarket/custom suspension set that had performed this well before. If only it were able to last.
Wah! means very good for race day then rebuild....:driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

perhaps due to the oil quality used inside the suspension body not up to par? :hmmmm:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Custom made woh! use low quality oil?:smokin:
not saying low quality...maybe they used average quality oil where usually suspension is high precision parts need the best oil available...

or need to setup the valving/oil grade choosen need to take account the running-in/break-in period...

or maybe just the case that the nitrogen gas leaks thru the air valve?? :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

just my assumption.... :driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
not saying low quality...maybe they used average quality oil where usually suspension is high precision parts need the best oil available...

or need to setup the valving/oil grade choosen need to take account the running-in/break-in period...

or maybe just the case that the nitrogen gas leaks thru the air valve?? :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

just my assumption.... :driver:
You make it sound like those fast easy mod, drill hole at bottom, pump in 20w-50 oil to harden the suspension......hhahahhahahhahaha:rofl:

Yah! true also, have to check what the real fault is....:driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
You make it sound like those fast easy mod, drill hole at bottom, pump in 20w-50 oil to harden the suspension......hhahahhahahhahaha:rofl:

Yah! true also, have to check what the real fault is....:driver:

i prefer castrol edge 10w-60 oil :nurse:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
perhaps due to the oil quality used inside the suspension body not up to par? :hmmmm:
That I am unsure, I noticed they use Silkolene products.
Some people suspect it could be a leaking compressed air nipple that caused the compressed air section within the shock to fail prematurely. Many other manufacturers uses a sealed system rather than the air nipple.

regarding the oil part, it could just be a case of bad quality seals?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
That I am unsure, I noticed they use Silkolene products.
Some people suspect it could be a leaking compressed air nipple that caused the compressed air section within the shock to fail prematurely. Many other manufacturers uses a sealed system rather than the air nipple.

regarding the oil part, it could just be a case of bad quality seals?

seal are less unlikely be a problem unless it causing the external leak...

in my experience in tuning small bike's suspension (fork and absorber)

most problem would be due to oil degradation and or leaking pressurised gas.....

me personally use fully syn race engine oil or special racing fork oil from motul for that task....

been using normal engine oil during early trial-error part....getting complains from friends it loose the firmness after a few week.... (due to normal oil in the fork)....and all were good again after switching to better oil......

thats why i think mainly due to oil and/or leaking gas pressure....hence the oil sloshing around inside the tube and wont work as good as it was new.... :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What is the most suited time to check car balancing & alignment?

Or does it based on how we drive?

I need your assistance,experts out there!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience