Opti-Coat™Pro : Lotus Elise, The revival

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

This classic racer is one of the most iconic Lotus ever. I remembered this little thing in games! From our previous article on the Porsche Boxster, the owner was speechless and impressed with our work so....Today we're back at the Porsche's home to detail and coat this ride. Before we started, the owner had briefed us that the car had been repainted and been detailed prior us. We didn't expect the worst but it wasn't the best either.

Upon arrival, the car looks glossy because of its body line. Its sexy for a car but a nightmare for a detailer.

The paint surface was found to be covered in stains from the first walk around inspection.

Watermarks were also 1 of the many issues as the car had been parked for quite a while.

The swirls amount on the other hand were not that severe since it barely driven.

We found some slight haziness on some panels which indicates oxidation.

On some sections, it was slightly better than others.

On the entire car, we only found 1 spot of hologram.

More stains found.

As usual, we gave the car a good old deep cleaning, removing most of the stains and watermarks along. We then moved on to polishing the car since we had insufficient time today. Here is an after shot.

Stains were removed.

We manually hand polished the taillights and signal lights. This is a Before.

Signal and taillights After. Notice the deeper tone and glossier finish.

The fuel cap was made of aluminum and was fully oxidized. This photo shows a 50/50

Before polishing.

After polishing.

Its the small little details that brings out the overall finishing touch.

The glass was surprisingly mild with watermark since the owner mentioned he had left it at a parking mode for more than a year.

Cleared the watermark and coated the windscreen back to that hydrophobic state.

About 10hours of detailing later. We again finish off the car with Opti-Coat™Pro for long term paint protection and simply because its a quality product my clients would not deprived their rides from. Check out that wet finish, its like a swimming pool just that its white.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah, that's just too good looking to be sold, though if it ever will be on sell I can mortgage my house and sell my deal lease at DSRLeasing to get that haha :P
Trying so hard to advertise your leasing business huh, whatever topic you still try to find a way to mention your leasing eh. :sleep:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Trying so hard to advertise your leasing business huh, whatever topic you still try to find a way to mention your leasing eh. :sleep:
i was wondering what is he saying. Now i know lol ads

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, currently I'm looking at a 2015 W176 A250 with a 70K+ mileage, would like to have some opinions on the car. Any common issue or major issue in the future for this M270 engine need to look out for ? Or should I get a brand new Honda Civic 1.5 TC with the same amount of price ? Pls advice... :adore:

I know some of you would say, might as well get the A45 instead... but for me... budget is the main issue :joycat:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience