Beware Of Fake "Made In Japan" Sport Rim !!!

ahchi

Known Member
Sep 5, 2005
SA
Just would like to give some advise that while changing for sport rim, please be aware that there'
s some tyre & rim shop selling some fake "Made In Japan" sport rim. What I mean fake is not only it's outlook is a replica from original Jap rim, but now the rim is even marked/molded with a sign "Made In Japan" on it.

The rim I saw today is a replica of a 15" Advan RG rim, which initially I thought it's just those normally so call Taiwan made rim that's selling at the price range or RM800++ only. Then the shopper approached & told me that it's the latest "low cost version" made in Jap rim that's selling at RM1500 only, only difference is this version is without the rim cap, no "Advan" engraving on the rim surface as previous version etc. I then turn the rim back and see that it's really having an engraving show "Make In Japan" and a sticker with some Japanese word written, which looks really like imported from Jap.

However, I can assure that it's really a replica rim, because I can see that the blue strip circle the white rim is sprayed poorly (can see the paint smear badly). Besides, there's a sticker (it's even peel off a bit) written "Advan Racing" stick on the rim, which I believe the original rim does not has such poor quality sticker. Overall this rim is nothing different than the RM800+ replica rim rim that I saw few days ago in another rim shop.:mad:

So guys, please be aware when you are searching for new rim lately. Don't fall on those cheap trick and get conned.

*p/s : I wonder can a report made to any authorized body to lodge a complaint?

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
There're just too many things to list list that are imitations.

One of the more popular fake adjustable shox in market are GAB. The sellers claim that they're the original with all the imitation stickers & all but they're actually locally made. Original GAB shox are made by WINGS, Japan & these words are engraved /stamped on the bottom of the shox where they normally state the maker's & other info like, caution, gas filled or something.

Fake Pivot products, fake OMP steering, fake, TEIN springs, fake MOMO, fake Bride seats, fake Recaro seats, fake e-manage, fake SARD fuel regulators....... & the list goes on.

Almost all the popular brands have clone in the market now.:thefinger:

So beware....

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
There're just too many things to list list that are imitations.

One of the more popular fake adjustable shox in market are GAB. The sellers claim that they're the original with all the imitation stickers & all but they're actually locally made. Original GAB shox are made by WINGS, Japan & these words are engraved /stamped on the bottom of the shox where they normally state the maker's & other info like, caution, gas filled or something.

Fake Pivot products, fake OMP steering, fake, TEIN springs, fake MOMO, fake Bride seats, fake Recaro seats, fake e-manage, fake SARD fuel regulators....... & the list goes on.

Almost all the popular brands have clone in the market now.:thefinger:

So beware....
HUH!!?? Got fake e-manage ka?? Really ar? Mind to share the info? I now very scared already le...

ahchi

Known Member
Sep 5, 2005
SA
Actually I know there's lot of fake items out there too and frankly speaking I personally not really resist it (I myself also using replica Impuls rim :biggrin:), but what I dislike is those bugger keep on insist their fake thing is original and selling just merely cheaper or on par as original price, than this is unacceptable.

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
what I dislike is those bugger keep on insist their fake thing is original and selling just merely cheaper or on par as original price, than this is unacceptable.
Yes, I totally agree on that part. If it is made known to the buyer that it is NOT an original but the buyer still agrees to buy it, then it's fine.

If not, it's just a plain case of DISHONESTY & CHEATING !:thefinger:

dotcom

Known Member
Jun 7, 2005
KL - JB
Just would like to give some advise that while changing for sport rim, please be aware that there'
s some tyre & rim shop selling some fake "Made In Japan" sport rim. What I mean fake is not only it's outlook is a replica from original Jap rim, but now the rim is even marked/molded with a sign "Made In Japan" on it.

The rim I saw today is a replica of a 15" Advan RG rim, which initially I thought it's just those normally so call Taiwan made rim that's selling at the price range or RM800++ only. Then the shopper approached & told me that it's the latest "low cost version" made in Jap rim that's selling at RM1500 only, only difference is this version is without the rim cap, no "Advan" engraving on the rim surface as previous version etc. I then turn the rim back and see that it's really having an engraving show "Make In Japan" and a sticker with some Japanese word written, which looks really like imported from Jap.

However, I can assure that it's really a replica rim, because I can see that the blue strip circle the white rim is sprayed poorly (can see the paint smear badly). Besides, there's a sticker (it's even peel off a bit) written "Advan Racing" stick on the rim, which I believe the original rim does not has such poor quality sticker. Overall this rim is nothing different than the RM800+ replica rim rim that I saw few days ago in another rim shop.:mad:

So guys, please be aware when you are searching for new rim lately. Don't fall on those cheap trick and get conned.

*p/s : I wonder can a report made to any authorized body to lodge a complaint?

bro where u quote the price ? as i know now at RAWANG here very HOT about all this RIM .........:mad:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
fake rims are so popular now, every one is using advan RG nowaday.....even a proton saga 8v magma i saw today using RG......sigh

popcorn

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KL
haa..... haaa... haa...... advan rg for rm1500.... then my rim gonna be no meaning....

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Frankly, not everyone can afford the real deals coz they're so, so expensive to most of us.

I mean, it can be labelled as "Replica", so that the buyer is not dubbed into thinking they're just got themselves the deal of a life time.

On the other hand, just bear this in mind,"what you pay is what you get."

They don't sell real Gucci or Prada in Petaling Street mar...:rolleyes:

yn_hell

Known Member
Jul 27, 2005
Petaling Jaya
then i have a question to ask? how can we differentiate all these "fake" stuff?
its kinda sad that everything we buy now are all "fake",
and its kinda bad to beginners like me that don't know that much
kena con kao kao eh...

ahchi

Known Member
Sep 5, 2005
SA
Well, I think the easiest is look at the price. Let say a 15" replica rim either local or Taiwan made, it should be around the price of RM700 - RM900++, so search for this range if you are looking for replica one.

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
guys,these fake rims right....what about the weight n quality of em??for example,i came across a rim,Lenso Tenzo(lighweight)i think...17" which weighs 7kg....it that considered light??do those Hi end imitation Taiwanese rims weigh moreless??:driver::driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone selling those start/stop button ala pivot start button ?
i remember someone taht carries such button around 40-50 bucks ... EL lighted .
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience