4g63 Turbo Setup

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
HALLO to all those using the 4G63 especially, and also to all the turbo experts.

Ok, when I ask this, the logical thing ppl may answer is: depending on how you plan to drive the car.

Being a daily driven car, I'm currently happy with my TD05H setup on the 4G63, but having a turbo which churns out more power (lag a bit also nvm, can be like VTEC la! haha!).

What's the best turbo setup for this harr? Looking for a bigger turbo. But then intercooler also must upgrade right? sheesh...
how leh? Currently using stock VR4rs intercooler (prior to fitting has been cleaned & pressure tested).

delphinium

Known Member
Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
lekalo ...
ur one is stock kah?? erm nothing do wit ur engine yet??
i dunnolah got many thing if want to upgrade.
Erm maybe can use a new EMS.
this sure can choke out max power. :D

moppy

Known Member
Feb 9, 2004
Try TD06 series.
If u hv cash, try GT's turbo.

If I were u, I will upgrade the ECU first cos u can play with the mapping. In future if u want to upgrade bigger turbo also no problem.
But if u change bigger turbo 1st, u need to map your fuel. Again ECU also kena tukar pula. So my best advice, ECU first, no matter in future u increase boost, change cams,.... or increase power, u dun need to change your ecu.

ramsing

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
this one i learnt from my sifu vestax.

for best combo, save until got lots of money, then go for GT3540 turbine with wastegate and misc. then upgrade engine internals. then supporting items like fuel pump etc etc. ehehhe.

but i think my sifu didn't have enuf cash, so he just bought one T-88 only la. he said next time he'll upgrade twin 3540!!! :o :)

but my sifu very humble one, he'll sure say i talk cock one and its not true. :) rite sifu?

jethrel

Known Member
May 18, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
Assuming you're going to upgrade for the engine 4g63, the VR4 intercooler seems to be just not enough as the cool air isn't enough. Try a Evo intercooler which is alot bigger or better yet, get a custom made intercooler. As for turbo, usually for a turbo size of TD05 (is it bearing or bush?) is good for it's potential of a size of Satria. Like my friend's perdana, having a TD07 bush turbo with Microtech, if he pushes, you wouldn't be able to pick up the 10 cents coin on the dashboard.

Or you can have full set HKS. The HKS turbo (I've posted a link somewhere in this forum so you can see the turbo that I've just recently saw at my mech's place) which is about the size of TD5.5? Somewhere around there. The turbo is bearing turbo and is so smooth, that you can blow it yourself and the fan will turn for quite awhile. That is really sweet man! Full set including HKS Turbo, HKS waste gate, nice HKS exhaust manifold (around RM12K, I think) and with that only, is already boosting up your car to close 300 hp.
Need I say more about upgrading your ECU Chip? Of course if you're going to upgrade so much and boost up your car to having more than 300 hp, you might want to think of welding your interior engine bay before it cracks.

Upgrading the ECU chip to Microtech or MoTech would also be a good idea as it definitely saves you on meters and boost your car quite alot.

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
lelalo car already almost 3 1/4 loaded already lack of turbo and stuff only la..
hmmm yeah man
i think save till enough money go buy gt3540 dual bearing...massive nice turbo man..
heheheheh :)

but for a start a t04e or a 25g also can la...

microtech u already have ma! :P

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by jethrel@May 21 2004, 03:07 PM
Assuming you're going to upgrade for the engine 4g63, the VR4 intercooler seems to be just not enough as the cool air isn't enough. Try a Evo intercooler which is alot bigger or better yet, get a custom made intercooler. As for turbo, usually for a turbo size of TD05 (is it bearing or bush?) is good for it's potential of a size of Satria. Like my friend's perdana, having a TD07 bush turbo with Microtech, if he pushes, you wouldn't be able to pick up the 10 cents coin on the dashboard.

Or you can have full set HKS. The HKS turbo (I've posted a link somewhere in this forum so you can see the turbo that I've just recently saw at my mech's place) which is about the size of TD5.5? Somewhere around there. The turbo is bearing turbo and is so smooth, that you can blow it yourself and the fan will turn for quite awhile. That is really sweet man! Full set including HKS Turbo, HKS waste gate, nice HKS exhaust manifold (around RM12K, I think) and with that only, is already boosting up your car to close 300 hp.
Need I say more about upgrading your ECU Chip? Of course if you're going to upgrade so much and boost up your car to having more than 300 hp, you might want to think of welding your interior engine bay before it cracks.

Upgrading the ECU chip to Microtech or MoTech would also be a good idea as it definitely saves you on meters and boost your car quite alot.
can wait to see your ford with leving turbo and microtech ltx8 fly and run in action...
:)

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by jethrel@May 26 2004, 03:58 PM
Don't lar tell the whole world :(

Want to upgrade some more but don't know which one to upgrade. Turbo? Pistons? Hai yo ... pening.
if u confused over pistons and stuff..
why not opt for 13b rotary in your ford..

no need think to much of pistons etc..etc...
just get 13b rotory engine with huge 1.06 rear AR and some few thosand cc injetors,microtech and u'll be driving a 9sec car flat easily.heheheh

what say u?

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
Originally posted by ramsing@May 21 2004, 02:57 PM
this one i learnt from my sifu vestax.

for best combo, save until got lots of money, then go for GT3540 turbine with wastegate and misc. then upgrade engine internals. then supporting items like fuel pump etc etc. ehehhe.

but i think my sifu didn't have enuf cash, so he just bought one T-88 only la. he said next time he'll upgrade twin 3540!!! :o :)

but my sifu very humble one, he'll sure say i talk cock one and its not true. :) rite sifu?
eh why i kena one ?.
ramsings secret is to pick the biggest snail around in the garden and plant it in the engine , confrim can get 9secs 1/4mile .

his mini using gto 3.0 vr4 engine , with two big siput babi picked from his garden :lol: .

haha fair & square :lol:

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
i think go for ramsings house garden siput la..
that should be the ultimate..hehehe
:D

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
woi don't distribute the picture okay , what happens here , stays here :lol: . but then ramsings siput babi really powerful man , boosting 0.6 only but feel like jet taking off the run way . if using normal seats cannot tahan , the bracket sure patah one . :lol:

moppy

Known Member
Feb 9, 2004
I think bigger turbo must boost higher boost for better result.
So the garden siput I guess u need 100 bar :lol:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Launched: 2018 VW Golf gang arrives Malaysia, lead by latest MK7.5R!

There's a new R-Line Golf TSI, along with 3 other versions to be offered by VPCM and bookings have already begun for the VW Golf pack, which consists of the TSI Sportline, renowned GTI and the superstar 4WD...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience