RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
What is the machine that you are driving? Lets have a topic about
  • What car do you drive

• Stories of your car

• What do you like and dislike about it

If it is possible, do post some photos of your car (please censor the plate number for security reasons) if you are okay with it.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ok, I start. Bought VR in year 2000 as a Mitsu Super Saloon. 2.0L single cam A/T from mechanic's bro-in-law. Service by mechanic and recommended by him. GB was changed not long ago, so can say car is tip top. However same as in Perdana SEi this gb is hopeless and died 6 months later. To get chop shop replacement was around RM2.3k and VR half cut those days was RM3.5k, so instead of changing the GB went for transplant. However with transplant comes workmanship, wire man fees, exhaust change, suspension and so on. In the end use around RM9k but is worth it. So much so still with it after 17 years.....lol

Here is an old picture......

Last edited:

Jac83

Known Member

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
Ok, I start. Bought VR in year 2000 as a Mitsu Super Saloon. 2.0L single cam A/T from mechanic's bro-in-law. Service by mechanic and recommended by him. GB was changed not long ago, so can say car is tip top. However same as in Perdana SEi this gb is hopeless and died 6 months later. To get chop shop replacement was around RM2.3k and VR half cut those days was RM3.5k, so instead of changing the GB went for transplant. However with transplant comes workmanship, wire man fees, exhaust change, suspension and so on. In the end use around RM9k but is worth it. So much so still with it after 17 years.....lol
What about the forester? haha.

Bought a nissan sunny 130y back at 2005 stock standard. Used for 2 years then sold off for a crv rd1 at 2007. Itchy hands so start modding the crv. Started off with air intake, air filter, exhaust system, brake and suspension system and end up with adding bot on it. Tires slipping on 1st and 2nd gear so changed to 17" and no more slipping. Fried the gb within 6 months of bot haha. Replaced with a recon gb. 4wd/awd system intact. Continued using for another 6 years. Running fine until i sold it off last year:driver:.

Attachments

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
My car is a 1999 Wira 1.5 manual. Bought new back then by my father for my mother to use. Back then I was only 6 years old and I din't imagine that I will be driving this car today. My mother has been using it as her daily car until 2006 where my father passed away. That time, she is using my father's car and the Wira is left mostly unused at home. In 2009, my uncle borrowed the car as he needed an extra car to use and he was using it until end of 2013 where he returned the car for me to use.

I won't say that my car is a car with tip top, perfect condition but still, I do like it a lot. I had a lot of fun driving it. Although it has undergone a lot of wear and tear repairs throughout my usage for 3 years plus, I don't really view them negatively as I learned a lot about car maintenance from there. If I owned a new car instead of this Wira, I probably would not have learned as much as I know right now.

For now, I can't think of any reason to sell off this car even if I have the income to get a new car. Considering that it can't be sold off for much value and it is one of the few things that my late father passed down to me, I really don't feel like I want to sell away this car. Planning to keep it all stock (at least externally) for many more years until becomes like one of those well preserved classic car. Well, at least this is my plan for now. Who knows what might happen in the future.

Here is a photo of my car that I took last week.

Attachments

sweelt

2,000 RPM

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

Here is an old picture......
fuu yohhh.....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
What about the forester? haha.

Bought a nissan sunny 130y back at 2005 stock standard. Used for 2 years then sold off for a crv rd1 at 2007. Itchy hands so start modding the crv. Started off with air intake, air filter, exhaust system, brake and suspension system and end up with adding bot on it. Tires slipping on 1st and 2nd gear so changed to 17" and no more slipping. Fried the gb within 6 months of bot haha. Replaced with a recon gb. 4wd/awd system intact. Continued using for another 6 years. Running fine until i sold it off last year:driver:.
After selling off this CRV, what are you driving now?

fuu yohhh.....:driver:
Come on, some stories and pic of your car, please. :biggrin:

sweelt

2,000 RPM

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
My car is a 1999 Wira 1.5 manual. Bought new back then by my father for my mother to use. Back then I was only 6 years old and I din't imagine that I will be driving this car today. My mother has been using it as her daily car until 2006 where my father passed away. That time, she is using my father's car and the Wira is left mostly unused at home. In 2009, my uncle borrowed the car as he needed an extra car to use and he was using it until end of 2013 where he returned the car for me to use.

I won't say that my car is a car with tip top, perfect condition but still, I do like it a lot. I had a lot of fun driving it. Although it has undergone a lot of wear and tear repairs throughout my usage for 3 years plus, I don't really view them negatively as I learned a lot about car maintenance from there. If I owned a new car instead of this Wira, I probably would not have learned as much as I know right now.

For now, I can't think of any reason to sell off this car even if I have the income to get a new car. Considering that it can't be sold off for much value and it is one of the few things that my late father passed down to me, I really don't feel like I want to sell away this car. Planning to keep it all stock (at least externally) for many more years until becomes like one of those well preserved classic car. Well, at least this is my plan for now. Who knows what might happen in the future.

Here is a photo of my car that I took last week.

ya, u post in FB recently. :biggrin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
ok, here is my humble workhorse for daily work and going around

turn 11 this year, reliable and efficient.
love it to the moon and back.

the black and green was former while last year, I send it for respray to frozen silver.
mygod... are those brembos?? oh wait... those arnt 17" rims...... i am very confused (am a sucker for brembos)

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
ok, here is my humble workhorse for daily work and going around

turn 11 this year, reliable and efficient.
love it to the moon and back.

the black and green was former while last year, I send it for respray to frozen silver.
Very eye catching colour. :biggrin:

Manual or auto?

Current ride Harrier 350G stock standard lol.
Seems more powerful than your CRV. Or is the turbo CRV more powerful?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I love to experiment over the engine, gearbox, suspension systems, intake and exhaust systems (many of these are in the past)
I was at auto shop today (from home went across the whole town at 7th March to buy gifts and presents), went there, especially at the same time was looking for slush, found)) bought today, and, so for not waiting for too long I filled it directly near the shop!

Everything is on the photo and video...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience