Myvi 1.5 fuel consumption

Bg2719

Mar 25, 2017
Selangor
I'm thinking of getting the 1.5 myvi icon but people say fuel consumption high. How is the fuel consumption of the car anyway? I'm thinking of getting the 1.5 manual

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
How high is high for you? I have an Avanza 1.5 at home which uses the same 3SZ-VE engine with Myvi 1.5. Fuel consumption is average. Myvi 1.5 manual should be better than my Avanza because it is lighter and my Avanza is an auto.

Bg2719

Mar 25, 2017
Selangor
I wanna know like how many kilometers it can get for a full tank. My oldest car was a 2008 auto 1.3 myvi which gave me 350-400 km for rm50. I mix town and highway. I don't high rev . Mostly driving speed on highway is around 80-110

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I wanna know like how many kilometers he can get for a full tank. My oldest car was a 2008 auto 1.3 myvi which gave me 350-400 km for rm50. I mix town and highway. I don't high rev . Mostly driving speed on highway is around 80-110
Myvi 1.5 should be able to achieve similar mileage, if not, slightly lower than this.

Bg2719

Mar 25, 2017
Selangor
Hahaha. Thank you guys. Im not really a heavy foot person all the time. Most of the time I'm light footed unless some days where I wanna have fun but that's about rare nowadays

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If he heavy footed on 1.3 A/T could be worse.......lol:rofl:
1.3 auto maybe underpowered a bit. If under powered, sure always heavy footed. Like my car last time. Need to be heavy footed to make the car accelerate at the pace that I want.

Hahaha. Thank you guys. Im not really a heavy foot person all the time. Most of the time I'm light footed unless some days where I wanna have fun but that's about rare nowadays
Then I think you can go ahead with the Myvi 1.5 manual. When it comes to manual, you will feel that the engine response and power is much better than your 1.3 auto. Just a small tap on the throttle is good enough to make the car respond and go as long as you are in the right gear. Don't need to be heavy footed in this. Of course, it sure feels better when you floor it in a manual transmission car. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
1.3 auto maybe underpowered a bit. If under powered, sure always heavy footed. Like my car last time. Need to be heavy footed to make the car accelerate at the pace that I want.

Then I think you can go ahead with the Myvi 1.5 manual. When it comes to manual, you will feel that the engine response and power is much better than your 1.3 auto. Just a small tap on the throttle is good enough to make the car respond and go as long as you are in the right gear. Don't need to be heavy footed in this. Of course, it sure feels better when you floor it in a manual transmission car. :biggrin:
That is the problem, with power on tap sure want to put your foot down......lol:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That is the problem, with power on tap sure want to put your foot down......lol:rofl:
Self control and restraint. :biggrin:

I agree with you, more power sure feel like want to put foot down. I find my self tempted to do it very often. :rofl:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Self control and restraint. :biggrin:

I agree with you, more power sure feel like want to put foot down. I find my self tempted to do it very often. :rofl:
See?.....hhahahhahhaha

That is why anyone seeking more power with mod, those who have experience it, will sure say later will want more and more.....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I have a boring old 1.3L myvi. On average I get 12-13km/L and on a bad day 11.5km/L. Bad days means I idle in the car waiting for long periods of time and getting stuck in 1 hour long traffic daily.

Manual myvi one sifu here CVKit has a 1.5L Myvi manual and he gets average 14-15km/L or more with light feet and heavy it'll be 13-14km/L which is bloody fantastic btw.

Myvi and heavy FC are never in the same sentance. Unless the car is really poorly run in and is using heavy ass engine oil and running on massively heavy 17" rims with low profile tyres and carrying around 5 subwoofers.... then good luck la.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
See?.....hhahahhahhaha

That is why anyone seeking more power with mod, those who have experience it, will sure say later will want more and more.....:driver:
The unreasonable temptation to floor the throttle more than what is needed. :biggrin:

Actually if I put more discipline on myself, I really don't have to step more than 30% on the throttle to get the car going now. That is not the case last time when my car is underpowered mainly due to wrong ignition timing.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I wanna install 4g93 into my saga flx and i was wondering if there is any workshop that does it. if there is, please recommend and leave contact info~ KL area, thanks :3 P.S: Idk if this is the correct place to post it
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience