The most suitable tyre

mikke87

Aug 23, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Recommendation needed! I just own a nissan fair lady and thinking of getting it a whole new sets of tyres. Which performance tyres do you guys think will best suite my car?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Recommendation needed! I just own a nissan fair lady and thinking of getting it a whole new sets of tyres. Which performance tyres do you guys think will best suite my car?
Not look for tyres that suits your car but suits your driving style....:biggrin:

LucasChng

Known Member
Sep 17, 2012
DELETED
Not look for tyres that suits your car but suits your driving style....:biggrin:
Agreed with VR. Depends on what kind of usage that you are looking for.
Lets say you are those RWD mad tire slaying, burnouts, smoking those tires. Then you can get a used tires. :rofl:

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Depend on your requirement
1. Comfort
2. Quiet ride
3. Performance in dry / wet
4. Ultra performance

Most of the time one tyre only have 2 criteria, if u need more, u have to pay more.
What U pay is what u get.

nigel_ng

Aug 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
A performance car must work with a good performance tyre to have the optimum result. You can start with Michelin. They have their own research and development teams which work on constantly to innovate and design tyre to ensure that the tyre delivers the maximun performance of a vehicle. I do recommend Pilot Sport 3, which is design for driving pleasure and exceptional grip. If you need dry and wet performance, Ps3 is good in that too.
Michelin Pilot Sport 3 Technology. Pilot 3 Performance Tyre from Michelin - Michelin Malaysia

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
A performance car must work with a good performance tyre to have the optimum result. You can start with Michelin. They have their own research and development teams which work on constantly to innovate and design tyre to ensure that the tyre delivers the maximun performance of a vehicle. I do recommend Pilot Sport 3, which is design for driving pleasure and exceptional grip. If you need dry and wet performance, Ps3 is good in that too.
Michelin Pilot Sport 3 Technology. Pilot 3 Performance Tyre from Michelin - Michelin Malaysia
Price of Michelin is really sky high compare with many others that offers the same performance at lower price.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
15" still not too bad, 17" seems they drop price too, but bigger then that then expensive....:biggrin:
Ya especially 18"...I see the price I really... :stoned:

These buggers still advertising.

My friend's 19 using KU39 RM750 I can't remember. Pretty good ah.
Some are advertising but i guess still many are tied to well-known brands or more confident with well-known brands. Especially those that just get tyres for daily use and not for any performance.

I was once like that too until I know vr2turbo Sifu :rofl:

A fan of michelin due to it being popular and reputable brand. But I have to say the PP2 is real good :rofl: Not much tire wear after Ulu Yam :biggrin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Some are advertising but i guess still many are tied to well-known brands or more confident with well-known brands. Especially those that just get tyres for daily use and not for any performance.

A fan of michelin due to it being popular and reputable brand. But I have to say the PP2 is real good :rofl: Not much tire wear after Ulu Yam :biggrin:
My ATR Sport got melting sides. Looks sexy lmao.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
These buggers still advertising.

My friend's 19 using KU39 RM750 I can't remember. Pretty good ah.
Haha, don't know why so well known still need this type of advertising?

KU39 is the LE Sports. Smallest size is 205/45R16 then jump to 17" already. For bigger cars, that is why even website put in Prestige car side....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

You know me loh! Most ask me to recommend if possible cheap and good, or value for money. Michelin not say not good, they are good, and some very good even, but those usually cost a lot, so how to recommend as value for money.
Those days already hear about PS2 and wanted to try, but for my size of 215/45R17 was quoted RM750, where my Yoko S-Drive, Toyo T1-R, GY F1 GS-D3 etc., all cost around RM380 only, therefore I can actually buy two tyres for the PS2 price....:smokin:
Even though these tyres may not be equal to PS2 performance but say at 90% and at half the price which will you buy?
Then say XM2 and Hankook V12Evo in 15", Hankook is still cheaper and better performing. Of course if performance then choose Hankook, but if want durability then should choose XM2, right? But even I know now you are quite fed up with them. You had them on the BLM which was sold and another which you have complain of squealing....:thefinger:

Actually I have another friend also pro Michelin those days, after he know me and tried other tyres, he mentioned one day to me, if he did not know me he will still be using Michelin....:hmmmm:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

KU39 is the LE Sports. Smallest size is 205/45R16 then jump to 17" already. For bigger cars, that is why even website put in Prestige car side....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

You know me loh! Most ask me to recommend if possible cheap and good, or value for money. Michelin not say not good, they are good, and some very good even, but those usually cost a lot, so how to recommend as value for money.
Those days already hear about PS2 and wanted to try, but for my size of 215/45R17 was quoted RM750, where my Yoko S-Drive, Toyo T1-R, GY F1 GS-D3 etc., all cost around RM380 only, therefore I can actually buy two tyres for the PS2 price....:smokin:
Even though these tyres may not be equal to PS2 performance but say at 90% and at half the price which will you buy?
Then say XM2 and Hankook V12Evo in 15", Hankook is still cheaper and better performing. Of course if performance then choose Hankook, but if want durability then should choose XM2, right? But even I know now you are quite fed up with them. You had them on the BLM which was sold and another which you have complain of squealing....:thefinger:

Actually I have another friend also pro Michelin those days, after he know me and tried other tyres, he mentioned one day to me, if he did not know me he will still be using Michelin....:hmmmm:
Tell your friend. See, I helped you save so much money. Time for yumcha. :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

I can say that too. "If I do not know u, I would still be stuck with Michelin" :rofl: and I won't be screeching those tyres if I did not join those guys for Touge TT but glad I did as I get to know how much can my tyres take and understand the car and tyre better on how much punishment it can take.

I would give thumbs up to PP2 but not to say very grippy if compare to many performance tyres, and still did manage to get it screech a little but it was a lot better than the XM2 which is quite unfair to compare it with PP2 though :rofl:

Will try ATR Sports 2 next on Jetta. I think Kelisa I would remain the same. Since not much choice of performance tyres that is quite an all rounder for this size.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I can say that too. "If I do not know u, I would still be stuck with Michelin" :rofl: and I won't be screeching those tyres if I did not join those guys for Touge TT but glad I did as I get to know how much can my tyres take and understand the car and tyre better on how much punishment it can take.

I would give thumbs up to PP2 but not to say very grippy if compare to many performance tyres, and still did manage to get it screech a little but it was a lot better than the XM2 which is quite unfair to compare it with PP2 though :rofl:

Will try ATR Sports 2 next on Jetta. I think Kelisa I would remain the same. Since not much choice of performance tyres that is quite an all rounder for this size.
I used to be stuck to Falken those days on the VR when using 16" because Hup Shun boss manage to get very cheap for me. Then when switch to 17" I migrated from brand to brand, moving from Yoko, Falken, GY, Toyo, Stiletto, to GT Radial and so on testing them out....:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

3 Grades of GT-R : There has been a lot of conflicting information regarding the various grades of GT-R to be sold but this time around Best Car report on actual printed advertising material sent out to Nissan dealers in advance of the preorder starting date. The advertising handbills (they’re not actually sales brochures) clearly state the 3 grades of GT-R to be sold with their associated prices and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience