Your thought on the new Kia Rio?

Apeng08

Nov 24, 2008
Some people think of the monthly payment hence why i reconsider Kia Rio 1 part of my comparison.

i know a lot of them look like bots or etc but its all for discussion.

Cheers for the help bros :)

Okay. Why would anybody want to buy a Kia Rio for 80k when you can get a Mazda 2 for few k more? More powerful, better handling, advanced skyactiv engine. Seriously it’s 2017, a 4 speed auto transmission? That’s like a Myvi from 2005.

The Kia Rio is for someone who REALLY loves the way the Rio looks cause no way in hell is it better than Mazda 2 objectively.

Apeng08

Nov 24, 2008
Finally, legit answer.

Yeap, they got me at the sunroof but like you said, Msia is damn hot lah.
But they change from Kappa engine instead of the Gamma mill found before that's why i wanna know whether its good or not.

Anyway, you got strong points there. Appreciate the help tho
:)

friend bought one....

personal opinion after having driven it, other than it having a sunroof, its really nothing special.... (random point, i like sunroofs, wanted a car with one too cause its cool and all BUT its malaysia, how often can you use it!). It looks good, ill give it that and the quality is somewhat decent, but thats it.... Spareparts im told are about the same as jap counterparts nowadays, sort of true i guess. Now its bad points....its got a anemic 1.4 engine, a dinosaur age 4 speed and 17" wheels... why.. just why!!!! Remember all that equates to higher fc AND 17" tires are NOT cheap. Resale is also very likely gona be utter crap.

Am not sure why anyone thinks its a great buy at 80k.... cause for 4k more (somewhere thereabout)... theres the jazz hybrid, which if you look pass the sunroof, is a better car as a whole. (not waiting for the jazz is also one of the regrets of the friend who bought it).

my 2 sen (if ts has already bought one, i apologize dulu!! ampun hamba)

edit: yeah like ixeo mentioned, if its a sporty kind car you want, mazda 2....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Like i said, i don't know about the rest. I'm here for myself. Yeah, looking for another car also kena tembak like this is it?

Of course i do comparison with other models as well. But i saw they're talking about it on my feeds.
Just unlucky your post timing and their attack.....:biggrin:

Some people think of the monthly payment hence why i reconsider Kia Rio 1 part of my comparison.

I have a Korean car to, but bought it second hand. If you are not worried about second hand value go ahead and buy.
I too bought a Chinese SUV, because cheap. Know it won't have any second hand value but it is so much cheaper than other makes.....lol:biggrin:

Last edited:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

I have a Korean car to, but bought it second hand. If you are not worried about second hand value go ahead and buy.
I too bought a Chinese SUV, because cheap. Know it won't have any second hand value but it is so much cheaper than other makes.....lol:biggrin:
Ya lah, wrong time, wrong place. When the bomb is release you in the same group.:biggrin:
If think of resale value, take uber. :nurse:
I scare of 2nd loan, so buy 2nd hand wira.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya lah, wrong time, wrong place. When the bomb is release you in the same group.:biggrin:
Uber, Grab, Taxi, so many choices, even got Gocar now can rent car at hourly rate.....hhahahahhaha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Like i said, i don't know about the rest. I'm here for myself. Yeah, looking for another car also kena tembak like this is it?

Of course i do comparison with other models as well. But i saw they're talking about it on my feeds.
Well, it's also the reason why I didn't delete you or ban you. I know you're genuinely here for the discussion. So you're all good man.

What did you end up deciding on?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
with that kind of money,i will gladly settle for Proton Preve.
Or,i top up and get a Renault Fluence.Yes i know its old but it has the best package at its price range even without the reverse sensor.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

You do realise a few k difference in buying price, works out to be very negligible on monthly instalment right? Like a tank of petrol...

Assuming loan is 9 years, 3% interest
Kia Rio with rebate is RM73,888 ex insurance, monthly instalment is RM 783.17
Mazda 2 with rebate is RM81,000 ex insurance, monthly instalment is RM 857.25
Jazz Hybrid with rebate is RM78500 WITH insurance, monthly instalment is RM 830.79

A normal Honda Jazz with rebate is less than RM70k.... a practical person, who may not be a car enthusiasts would know.. you'd pick a Honda Jazz over Kia Rio.

Or,i top up and get a Renault Fluence.Yes i know its old but it has the best package at its price range even without the reverse sensor.
Fluence 2017 now RM89k... that's a bargain, but we all know its a Nissan underneath which is a good thing. More reliable than anything with a VW badge.

Apeng08

Nov 24, 2008
True bros! Sorry if my thread cause all of this.

I checked on Haval H1 & H2 recently. Quite promising tbh. Damn good china ppl nowadays. Msia brand also cannot keep up. LOL

Apeng08

Nov 24, 2008
I got Putra for play car. Sayang mau jual woo, uhuks.

I'm getting married next year, that's why tanya. Tapi orang lain pulak bombarded me with Kia Rio promo what not. I mean they got points to share, just my thread is wrongly understand pulak :stupid:

Apeng08

Nov 24, 2008
Well, it's also the reason why I didn't delete you or ban you. I know you're genuinely here for the discussion. So you're all good man.

What did you end up deciding on?
Thanks buddy. Appreciate it. Well, i did checked on the Kia Rio as advertise by this people. They got rebate up to RM6K now. Very much interesting. No wonder lah all around now even fb people.

As for now, my choice still far from conlusion. Could be the new honda jazz/city/civic depends on rebate (yes, i'm that cheapskate LOL)

Also could be Bezza. Why?

1. Perodua Bezza
Price from RM37,300
Estimated Fuel Efficiency: 21km /l

Eh but don't tembak me because of this ah? Still browsing haha

Apeng08

Nov 24, 2008
You're the 1st who mentioned Renault. I thought the after sales part for EU cars quite expensive right?

Apeng08

Nov 24, 2008
Well said sir. I completely agree with you! :adore:

You do realise a few k difference in buying price, works out to be very negligible on monthly instalment right? Like a tank of petrol...

Assuming loan is 9 years, 3% interest
Kia Rio with rebate is RM73,888 ex insurance, monthly instalment is RM 783.17
Mazda 2 with rebate is RM81,000 ex insurance, monthly instalment is RM 857.25
Jazz Hybrid with rebate is RM78500 WITH insurance, monthly instalment is RM 830.79

A normal Honda Jazz with rebate is less than RM70k.... a practical person, who may not be a car enthusiasts would know.. you'd pick a Honda Jazz over Kia Rio.

Fluence 2017 now RM89k... that's a bargain, but we all know its a Nissan underneath which is a good thing. More reliable than anything with a VW badge.
#TIL
Just replied with EU car parts are expensive. LOL

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Thanks buddy. Appreciate it. Well, i did checked on the Kia Rio as advertise by this people. They got rebate up to RM6K now. Very much interesting. No wonder lah all around now even fb people.

As for now, my choice still far from conlusion. Could be the new honda jazz/city/civic depends on rebate (yes, i'm that cheapskate LOL)

Also could be Bezza. Why?

1. Perodua Bezza
Price from RM37,300
Estimated Fuel Efficiency: 21km /l

Eh but don't tembak me because of this ah? Still browsing haha
Go for the normal Honda jazz if you can afford it. Bezza rear seats is upright, uncomfortable.

If you just want cheap and cheerful, Perodua Myvi 1.5L, even Honda City and Jazz can’t outrun it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Keeping the cost of racing down is one way to get more masses to jump in the driver’s seat and scratch that racing itch. However, it’s no secret that racing is a hard habit on the wallet and no matter how you look at it, cost will always become an issues.

One of the cheapest ways into racing is through the spec-racing route. Everything is kept...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience