Anyone using ATR Sport tyre here ?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No wonder their tire price oso like Michelin...Last time got article at Paultan abt their SUV tire...if i recall correctly their price for AT tire can get MT tire from other brand.
BF Goodrich those days was famous for The model G-Force Sport Comp

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
What tyre size? If 50 or 55 series should be Sports A1, if 60 series then is RHP
175/65-14 if i remember it correctly.... stock myvi tyre size

pancake797

Mar 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Viking bought over by Continental and they market them as the economy model. I think locally got 2 models only City Tech and Pro Tech. City Tech smaller sizes higher aspect ratio. Pro Tech lower aspect ratio, bigger sizes.....
I really want to use viking tyre at first i'm so curious cos i dont even know the brand untill
i found this feedback and makes me want to give a try to use viking... i hope viking is better than my current tyre brand... i'm doing a research, most of it said that viking have a good quality and suitable with all seasons in Malaysia

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I really want to use viking tyre at first i'm so curious cos i dont even know the brand untill
i found this feedback and makes me want to give a try to use viking... i hope viking is better than my current tyre brand... i'm doing a research, most of it said that viking have a good quality and suitable with all seasons in Malaysia
They are equivalent to other brands entry and mid level tyres.....:driver:

Manson

Banned
Jul 26, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
Viking bought over by Continental and they market them as the economy model. I think locally got 2 models only City Tech and Pro Tech. City Tech smaller sizes higher aspect ratio. Pro Tech lower aspect ratio, bigger sizes.....
City Tech and Pro Tech hv same function and performance?? Which model is better for my Myvi, tyre size is 175/65R14 82S

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
City Tech and Pro Tech hv same function and performance?? Which model is better for my Myvi, tyre size is 175/65R14 82S
I think for your tyre size have City Tech only. Pro Tech comes in larger tyre sizes.

City Tech more for durability, Pro Tech have better handling and performance

Having said that, if you are changing 4 tyres you should consider 185/60R14 size for your Myvi. Wider 185 size means contact surface wider by 10mm over 175. 60 series aspect ratio makes your sidewall firmer than the 65 series that you are having now. Firmer for better handling but not too firm to give your a harsh ride. If use 50 series then the ride will be harsh....:driver:

kimi77

Banned
Aug 21, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
Well, my Viking actually did better than my Good Year Duraplus. Good Year is a famous and larger brand but the entry level Duraplus fares worse than Viking City Tech.

Here is a picture of my Viking tyre. :biggrin:

agree,my frenz suggest me to try viking..coz he uses it almost 2 years and performance still okay especially handling on cornering still acceptable even it's not high branded brand.if compare with GY of coz Viking price quite cheap.

kimi77

Banned
Aug 21, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
I think for your tyre size have City Tech only. Pro Tech comes in larger tyre sizes.

City Tech more for durability, Pro Tech have better handling and performance

Having said that, if you are changing 4 tyres you should consider 185/60R14 size for your Myvi. Wider 185 size means contact surface wider by 10mm over 175. 60 series aspect ratio makes your sidewall firmer than the 65 series that you are having now. Firmer for better handling but not too firm to give your a harsh ride. If use 50 series then the ride will be harsh....:driver:
yess,many reviews said Viking quite comfort coz it noises still acceptable.

jason_man

Banned
Aug 21, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
That depends on how one drives oso.For sure it wont last as long as Michelin XM2 or Bridgestone EP200 but it justify the price tag.

How we drive also can affect tire. agree with u! Michelin and Bridgestone another level of the tire,so different quality and performance too.but if still looking tire with good price can consider Viking..of coz its quality different with premium tire.but it's still safe to use also coz it still under good brand, Continental.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wah! you viking personnel really hard sell your tyres. Newly joint as member push then register another id push...fuh!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi members, just an inquiry.....maybe got discussed before but cannot find the thread........

ok i want to change my engine for more power....my current ride using 4G15 injection on wira 2004 dec model...mileage reach 117,000++.....engine still good condition no oil consumption/problems.........

iam seriously thinking of converting to 1.8gsr turbo but some opinions by friends are stopping me, they say since i clock high mileage and the car will be my daily workhorse its going to be...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience