Rotary Engine no good lah

thiru785

Apr 13, 2005
dear sifus, recently i bought a FD halfcut and during the start up there were abit of white smoke coming out from the exhaust. it wasnt really bad but even after 10 min running the engine the smoke was still there. according to a friend of mine it could be bcoz the engine was left without running for some time. so i open the intercooler piping n found that there were abit more than usual black oil along the intercooler piping. im just wondering what could be some possible reason in this situation as my previous fd engine doenst create such amount of white smoke.....

thiru785

Apr 13, 2005
nope, in fact when they try to fire up the engine the radiator was empty n the white smoke already there...normally wat is the cause of excessive black oil in the intercooler piping? if piston engine yea it might be valve seal, pistion ring or even crank shaft. wat bout rotary engine ?

adamckc

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
to experienced fd's ,, esp to phat and alchemis,, my rear brake rotor is kind of worn, i think less than 18mm.. would the braking more powerful if i change the rotor now or no difference in braking distance.. or other words, would the braking distance longer if the rotor is less than minimal recommended 18mm.. thanks in advance bro.. kind of worry about the brakes.. the most crucial thing.. ha ha.

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
thiru..might be your turbo oil seal gonna giveway soon...

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
to experienced fd's ,, esp to phat and alchemis,, my rear brake rotor is kind of worn, i think less than 18mm.. would the braking more powerful if i change the rotor now or no difference in braking distance.. or other words, would the braking distance longer if the rotor is less than minimal recommended 18mm.. thanks in advance bro.. kind of worry about the brakes.. the most crucial thing.. ha ha.
I would change it immediately or try to stay off sirited drives untill you sort that out. I am not sure of the allowable min limit of our brakes. You can visually check for hairlines and pits.

kariayam

Known Member
Oct 3, 2007
For 284mm diameter disc,Front: max: 30mm, min: 28mm .... Rear: max 20mm, rear: 18mm. For 314mm disc(99spec), front: max 32mm, min: 30mm..... Rear: max 20mm,min: 18mm

Brew

Apr 7, 2011
Sarawak
i do have some black oil in my piping as well. not much but its noticeable. this is related to the turbo oil seals? also my car recently emits bluish-greyish smoke, wad does this signify? its not frequent, still on and off (intermittent) but it emits a bit during idling and in lower gears like 1st and 2nd gear though not that much as well.when u get up to speed,everything is fine. note: car has idling issues as well, which has yet to be rectified.(between 1100 to 1400rpm)
some advice in these areas perhaps?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Kariayan thanks man!

Idle wise check the tps. Its a real bitch to sort out especially when modded. Look for leaks in piping connectors etc.

thiru785

Apr 13, 2005
thiru..might be your turbo oil seal gonna giveway soon...

sorry for the late response as i was away for a week.....so most likely as u said might be nothing wrong with the engine rite.... currently i've not taken the engine out of the halfcut, plus im planning to convert to single turbo... once done this then i'll post it over if there's any issue with the white smoke...

btw, is TPS stands for Throttle position sensor ???

http://www.rx7.org/Robinette/images/tps.jpg

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just received my car last friday and noticed the 'check engine light' never lights up just before starting the engine. If i'm not mistaken, the light should be turned on automatically for a few seconds before/during starting the engine?:confused: Anybody have any experience about this? Thanks in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience