4g91 Mivec inside.

4g15p

Apr 19, 2005
Cheers..

I have question with regards to the subject, as my engine is mivec but with 4g91 block.. the block already rebored to 81mm and installed with mivec piston.. and not to forget... added oil squitters.. everthing seems to be ok after the conversion.. power is ok.. mivec kick at 5.2 k rpm... after 6 months.. i've noticed power loss.. especially during hot weather driving.. mivec sometimes not working.. engine starts to pinging... even running with RON97..

today, i sent workshop... after testing & troubleshooting.. they concluded that my engine block is getting hotter.. & that's the reason for power loss.. and intermittent mivec.. they said due to the block rebored to 2mm.. from 79 to 81 mm, the cylinder wall getting thinner which result to extra hot temperature... they said it's a normal problem for over rebored block..

my question.. is it correct... is there other way to overcome the hot temperature issue.. or the block already spoil?..

cheers..

protonevo

Known Member
Feb 25, 2004
Selangor
www.zerotohundred.com
I would advice forget the 4G91 block because is really over bored. Take 4G92 DOHC OEM will last you for long time and save cost. Feel more kick get 4G93 doch block sure you will smile during 5k RPM ;> . I know this may cost you additional money. So for the time being just drive it as it is, when budget allow then you change it.

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
just 1 question? ru still using the stock radiator?
Maybe time to change to larger @ full aluminum radiator ... and maybe with larger fan (volvo maybe)..

4g15p

Apr 19, 2005
now i'm using standard lancer radiator, but double layer.. without coolant..

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
If the block still ok, go for coolant and big cooling fan.
Low temp thermostat, fan switch and oil cooler are the must for over bored block.

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
2mm oversize can consider a serius play la...not reali recomended 4 daily car
as u see from the temperature going higher easily...due to thinner cylinder wall and can cause pre ignition
and...mivec intermiten also caused by hot lub oil-their viscocity change..

4g15p

Apr 19, 2005
planning to upgrade 93 block, need to save some money coz it's not cheap nowdays..

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
planning to upgrade 93 block, need to save some money coz it's not cheap nowdays..
there is few ways of improving this matter bro..
1. try to get aluminium radiator as it is proven to ensure your engine gets cool down faster
2. get a very big cooling fan, or those performace fan
3. oil cooler kit is very important as well as it cools down ur oil temperature
4. get a ventilated hood?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
improve cooling ie use a racing thermostat or mod urs to open earlier, get a more powerful rad fan, bigger rad is optional

better yet, get a lube dat contains a lot of moly ie elf, total, or eneos. u may not require extra cooling if the lubrication is enough imo

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
improve cooling ie use a racing thermostat or mod urs to open earlier, get a more powerful rad fan, bigger rad is optional

better yet, get a lube dat contains a lot of moly ie elf, total, or eneos. u may not require extra cooling if the lubrication is enough imo
where can find this racing thermostat?

4g15p

Apr 19, 2005
now i'm using normail oil pan from 4g91, does aluminium oil pan a must for me?

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
now i'm using normail oil pan from 4g91, does aluminium oil pan a must for me?
well aluminium do distribute the heat faster so it is pretty good choice as well..
how much is the aluminium oil pan selling now?

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Re-bore is the dumbest idea of all . Just change the block will do.
dont say that.
alot of ppl got no budget to rebore dude..
so pls be considerate before you say such thing:thefinger:

4g15p

Apr 19, 2005
lat time i've decided with rebore coz tired with the JPJ endorserment procedures...

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
well aluminium do distribute the heat faster so it is pretty good choice as well..
how much is the aluminium oil pan selling now?

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

dont say that.
alot of ppl got no budget to rebore dude..
so pls be considerate before you say such thing:thefinger:
Bro, i'm more than considerate ....
If u look in this way change a specific displacement block against rebore ; change block for few hundreds , one time job no extra job later on. Rebore, cost more or less than 200 , defects come out later on, remove engine , add in this and that ........

Now u tell me which is more cost saving option...... Think about it . Play hard and smart !!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Do you think this engine oil is just really that bad? I thinking to use but after i saw a friend post this then i think i better you more branded engine oil. my service is coming soon also 0.o

The post too long so here is the story just share: Click Below can read.
Engine Up Engine Oil Sucks! Nearly damage my car!!!!!!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience