Should I replace perdana?

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hello sifu,

I was on a lookout for v8 subaru sti stock to replace pv6, was about to buy it but sadly it was sold.

Is there any other choice other than subaru.
Will it be as fun as subaru if plonk in evo in pv6?

Pv6 -6a12NA(M)

60k-70k price range.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
A 4WD and 2WD is very different...
Subaru got the special sound where Evo unable make it since it is boxer engine..
BHP is depends on how much $$$ you dump in..
At the end both are nearly the same.. pocket blown.. lol.. joking...

The fun.. both also different fun what depends on your leg and pocket (pay saman, make sure comb your hair ya.. lol...)

you already decide what you want actually... not EVO or other Subaru but a Banana with Evo Engine..
Good Luck

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Banana with evo engine is my last resort..if could not find any good condition stock sti..

Atleast subaru has air bag..pv6 none..

Just would like to know is there any other good option.

Alang2 need to go hunt again. can check other cars

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Banana with evo engine is my last resort..if could not find any good condition stock sti..

Atleast subaru has air bag..pv6 none..

Just would like to know is there any other good option.

Alang2 need to go hunt again. can check other cars
Just be patient, there are many WRX STI on sale la. Perdana with evo engine will never be give the same level of driving experience/enjoyment no matter how much you spent on it, coz it's a totally different car (one is just a normal bigger FWD while the other is basically the closest thing you can get to a street legal AWD rally car!) Either you buy an STI or a real Lancer Evo, otherwise don't bother, just leave the Perdana as is.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Chassis wise, WRX STI is a better car. More rigid chassis, a complex 4WD system with DCCD to control torque distribution to each wheels. Handling, acceleration, braking abilities is also better in WRX STI. Remember, WRX STI is designed as a performance car in the first place while Perdana is an executive sedan car.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
advise incase you are lookig for one of those very cheap ones those (under 50k) or so. last i saw cars like these, they were really run down..... make sure you get one thats not been abused. abused ones are.... well to be frank, just depressing and will cost you moe in the long run

(i think you already know all this but anyway hehe)

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
advise incase you are lookig for one of those very cheap ones those (under 50k) or so. last i saw cars like these, they were really run down..... make sure you get one thats not been abused. abused ones are.... well to be frank, just depressing and will cost you moe in the long run

(i think you already know all this but anyway hehe)
Those under 50k WRX STI version 8 could probably be illegal singapore cars running with illegal roadtax... There are many WRX STI over there and most of them end up shipped here instead of scrapped. Lately there has been a lot of cases of singapore scrap cars going around Malaysia with cloned registration plates... Really troublesome if you are caught driving those cars.

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
How is boxer engine part price and maintenance? How much more expensive than 4G series engines or RB series.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
How is boxer engine part price and maintenance? How much more expensive than 4G series engines or RB series.
Compared with 4G series, of course boxer will cost more. But which series of boxer engine and what car?

RB parts I think is more expensive...

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Perdana is a nice highway cruiser..selling it would be worthless, manual pv6 value at 3k..hahaha

I'm being patience right now..haha..most 50k and below I view is impreza cnvert to sti..some with black smog..haha

Since it is performance car..need to be hand pick from dealer ..carefully check everything.. hopefully will not get a lemon subie ...

Noted on the clone one .thx.. didn't cross my mind on that matter...a lot of dealer's subaru when I run the plate through police saman..still got quite a lot of saman..even from 2010��

Asking my friend whom own v8 subie, maintenance cost about the same with pv6 except there is extra item on oil change and shaft turbo etc

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Those under 50k WRX STI version 8 could probably be illegal singapore cars running with illegal roadtax... There are many WRX STI over there and most of them end up shipped here instead of scrapped. Lately there has been a lot of cases of singapore scrap cars going around Malaysia with cloned registration plates... Really troublesome if you are caught driving those cars.
A year back my ex colleague offer to me his V8 STi, he bought 2nd and hardly use, only weekend drive around and don't speed one......:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Perdana is a nice highway cruiser..selling it would be worthless, manual pv6 value at 3k..hahaha

I'm being patience right now..haha..most 50k and below I view is impreza cnvert to sti..some with black smog..haha

Since it is performance car..need to be hand pick from dealer ..carefully check everything.. hopefully will not get a lemon subie ...

Noted on the clone one .thx.. didn't cross my mind on that matter...a lot of dealer's subaru when I run the plate through police saman..still got quite a lot of saman..even from 2010��

Asking my friend whom own v8 subie, maintenance cost about the same with pv6 except there is extra item on oil change and shaft turbo etc ��
Worth only 3k? Not that low can it? That is like the price for used Wira.

Maintenance costs for WRX STI almost same with Perdana? That means Perdana V6 maintenance is quite expensive...

A year back my ex colleague offer to me his V8 STi, he bought 2nd and hardly use, only weekend drive around and don't speed one......:driver:
Have you driven it before? How did it fare compared to your VR?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wira 1.5 A GLI
Hi sifus, i got a question, im not quite sure about my current exhaust mods cant trust those exhaust shops guys la, can anyone advise me on my current setup? Tried modifying few times till running out of ideas

Last time use to have two bullets but now replace with midbox some how feels better pick up! so now my setup is 4-2-1---Bullet----midbox------s-flow muffler
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience