Video: beating traffic cameras with aerosol spray cans?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F1422769351278027%2Fvideos%2F1597453987142895%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Just stumbled on this homemade video of some guy, likely a technician demonstrating how one can beat a traffic camera by applying a stealth reflective coat onto the number plate, which when an unsuspecting traffic camera takes a photo with the use of a camera flash, magically turns the entire plate white and renders it impossible to read.

The video depicts the use of a couple of spray paint cans onto a regular number plate with what seems to be a clear coat (as claimed on video, when he spoke in a Chinese Hokkien dialect) and then a secondary layer from an unknown spray can to complete the job.

Can anyone tell what the 2nd spray can contain?

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
No matter what they spray also wasting time coz the new camera can zoom till roadtax clearly...
last time my friend plate number crack left half also no use, summon send till home also..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F1422769351278027%2Fvideos%2F1597453987142895%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Just stumbled on this homemade video of some guy, likely a technician demonstrating how one can beat a traffic camera by applying a stealth reflective coat onto the number plate, which when an unsuspecting traffic camera takes a photo with the use of a camera flash, magically turns the entire plate white and renders it impossible to read.

The video depicts the use of a couple of spray paint cans onto a regular number plate with what seems to be a clear coat (as claimed on video, when he spoke in a Chinese Hokkien dialect) and then a secondary layer from an unknown spray can to complete the job.

Can anyone tell what the 2nd spray can contain?

not sure....

but it just only works for AES camera (our country) probably....

but the myth already busted in Mythbuster series a few years ago.... (in that test they didnt use flash type speed camera)

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Sometime back, I also saw in FB that in Russia they use some kind of special stickers on top of the license numbers which supposedly works the same way by blinding the flash lights but if the photo is without flash then I guess still no use.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
No matter what they spray also wasting time coz the new camera can zoom till roadtax clearly...
last time my friend plate number crack left half also no use, summon send till home also..
I didn't think it'll be possible to capture or decode the Road Tax Sticker from a distance, but i suppose with a high speed coupled with high megapixel camera it's likely.

not sure....

but it just only works for AES camera (our country) probably....

but the myth already busted in Mythbuster series a few years ago.... (in that test they didnt use flash type speed camera)
Wasn't this the one that documented if the camera can capture a high speed 250km above pass?

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
I didn't think it'll be possible to capture or decode the Road Tax Sticker from a distance, but i suppose with a high speed coupled with high megapixel camera it's likely.

Wasn't this the one that documented if the camera can capture a high speed 250km above pass?
Not sure D coz when my friend request for picture he got a shock... since 1 picture with torn plate number another picture is windscreen with a roadtax..
Thats why, think of love ones, use summon for nice family dinner:biggrin:

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
owh thanks guys!

i am with "reflective sticker no plate" at the moment and definitely will remove my roadtax whenever im driving...

hehehe

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

there is another one testing the spray method, some convex lens add-on and higher speed pass...after all fail they resort to revolving license plate adaptor like jamesbond car

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
there is another one testing the spray method, some convex lens add-on and higher speed pass...after all fail they resort to revolving license plate adaptor like jamesbond car
where would one get one's hands on those revolving plates??......

you know, for educational purposes:itsme:

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
Sometime, it is really sad to drive 110 when there is no car at all. You can even go 120plus.
Somemore worse, to drive 80 when it really so "ok" to go 90 over.
Haha.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Sometime, it is really sad to drive 110 when there is no car at all. You can even go 120plus.
Somemore worse, to drive 80 when it really so "ok" to go 90 over.
Haha.
Speed limits in Malaysia IMHO are just way too slow, pathetic! Big 3-4 lanes highway but only 80-110kph, slight bend dropped to 60, into a tunnel again dropped to 60, still like 300 meters from the tool gate already dropped to 60, minor construction work on the side dropped to 50, WTF ??!?! Honestly if I drive strictly following these speed limits, I might actually be more dangerous coz I may fall asleep easily and crash all over the place! People especially the authorities should realize that slow does not mean safe, these very slow speed limits are pathetically ancient stuff already, sigh...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
the speed limits in MY is pretty much screwed. Some vehicles travel damn slow & hogging while other vehicles speed like crazy. Heavy vehicles oso speeding like nobody business. Zipping in out-in out smor. Those sticker on the buses that shows the speed limit are useless.

Some buses kana saman so many times, but still be driven on the road???

Night time/after midnite express bus trip lagi gila. Mostly speeding, when the road is quiet, lesser passengers, and no enforcement....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
the speed limits in MY is pretty much screwed. Some vehicles travel damn slow & hogging while other vehicles speed like crazy. Heavy vehicles oso speeding like nobody business. Zipping in out-in out smor. Those sticker on the buses that shows the speed limit are useless.

Some buses kana saman so many times, but still be driven on the road???

Night time/after midnite express bus trip lagi gila. Mostly speeding, when the road is quiet, lesser passengers, and no enforcement....
Got enforcement, no enforcement sama sama. Like you say, got so many saman still on the road. Many times I travel outstation, those buses ans trailers over take me when I am doing 110, so they are at least doing 130 where their stickers only mention 90.....:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/icnRMW6P9nc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="200" width="335"></iframe>

Got a problem with pesky pedestrians taking their own sweet time to gracefully cross the road? Try this awesome train horn that will literally blow them across the road in no time. Just remember to keep the compressed air charged in buffer tank. External air pump required.

While this may be sweet revenge for some, The videos are intended as a joke. Please do not...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience