Proton Wira - Engine Warning lights up!

Jan 14, 2007
I need some advice before spending big $$$ on repairs.

I bought a Proton Wira 1.5GL Aeroback (Export Edition) Manual Transmission back in 2002. Everything was fine till I did a major service (60K) on the car mid last year. Since then, lots and lots of engine idling problems, plus my worst nightmare, the engine warning lights up and never goes off.

Went to many Proton Edar service centres and did engine mgt diagnostics (each time they did that I have to pay RM80!) but still the engine warning comes on.

They checked all the sensors, check the parts that went in during that major service, did this did that..... still no help.

They told me that it could be the ECU problem, which will cost 3k+++. Another said it could be grounding problem, but they could not fix it.

The car jerks especially on low rpm (below 2,000) when pushed hard. Also lack of power as compared to before the problem starts.

I'm comtemplating to sell this car should the problem could not be rectified.

Would appreciate valuable feedbacks from you guys.

Thanks in advance.

Jack
Ampang

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Ure symptoms related to throttle body and not E.C.U, get ure throttle body serviced.

Tips;
- Drive into workshop and tell the throttle body servicing. If u tell that ure car is jerking and u dunno why, they will push high the price because u dunno, please be aware.

I changed my throttle body to 1.5i last year which costs about MYR200.00+ which taken from 1/2cuts. I was using my car without proper air filter and my throttle body died ..

Cheers!

Jack Jack

Jan 14, 2007
Ure symptoms related to throttle body and not E.C.U, get ure throttle body serviced.

Tips;
- Drive into workshop and tell the throttle body servicing. If u tell that ure car is jerking and u dunno why, they will push high the price because u dunno, please be aware.

I changed my throttle body to 1.5i last year which costs about MYR200.00+ which taken from 1/2cuts. I was using my car without proper air filter and my throttle body died ..

Cheers!
Hi Sakuraguy

Thanks for your feedback. Since you mentioned without proper filter, I am using K&N replacement filter since Day 1. Haven't clean or replace filter. Could that be the problem???

Will take the car to Proton Edar service centre after CNY to have the throttle body checked.

your batch of car have TB issue...
g88... what does TB issue means?

Thanks in advance

Jack
Ampang

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Jack Jack .. are u using original K&N? .. i was using diesel turbo forklift's custom modified airfilter .. but unfortunately day by day, the filter gets thinner and lets dirt to get into TB, tats y its spoilt.

Give a service to ure TB ..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all.. I used Ford Escape 2.0XLT year 2001. This problem happened since 2 weeks ago. Before this when i fill full tank my car can reach about 560km (est.) but now i only can reach around 310km..My service record all is on time and i just replace my spark plug and service throttle body but the problem still happened. The idling sometimes can go till 2500 without press the paddle..Need help from all..:confused:..:banghead:...:nurse:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience