Myvi Spring Crack

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I noticed that my Myvi had cracks on both springs for the front suspension. I don't think this is normal and is it dangerous if I leave it this way?

Here are some photos of it for both right and left side.

Thanks for all your feedback and help.

Right side

Left side

Attachments

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Nope, it's not crack on the spring itself. The cracked one is the rubber covering the spring, so no worry.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Erm.. Could you clean that part of your spring with water and soap just to confirm it's not the spring? It looks very unlikely a spring crack but just to make sure just clean it up, and retake the pics.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Erm.. Could you clean that part of your spring with water and soap just to confirm it's not the spring? It looks very unlikely a spring crack but just to make sure just clean it up, and retake the pics.
Okay. I'll try to clean up that part.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
I 99% confirm it's the rubber cushion cover cracked. My friend previously notice this and very worry. He bring me along to workshop to have a check on the "cracked" spring. After taking out the absorber and found out it's the damn rubber cover. I checked on few myvi with original absorber, they're the same "behavior".

PS: RM20 workmanship buta-buta bayar.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Better make sure, but I doubt that it is the spring cracked. Some part quite bad already and should have snapped if already cracked....
You got point in this. After checking back some old photos taken during wheel rotation from last year, I noticed that these cracks are already there. Most likely it is the rubber that is cracking then.

I 99% confirm it's the rubber cushion cover cracked. My friend previously notice this and very worry. He bring me along to workshop to have a check on the "cracked" spring. After taking out the absorber and found out it's the damn rubber cover. I checked on few myvi with original absorber, they're the same "behavior".

PS: RM20 workmanship buta-buta bayar.
Once again, thanks a lot for your help.

But the RM20 workmanship charge is expensive. Don't go to that workshop anymore. :biggrin:

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
You got point in this. After checking back some old photos taken during wheel rotation from last year, I noticed that these cracks are already there. Most likely it is the rubber that is cracking then.

Once again, thanks a lot for your help.

But the RM20 workmanship charge is expensive. Don't go to that workshop anymore. :biggrin:
The workshop is reliable and quite cheap. The workmanship including taking off and putting back the absorber + wheel alignment . Just don't worry, your oem spring is still good.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The workshop is reliable and quite cheap. The workmanship including taking off and putting back the absorber + wheel alignment . Just don't worry, your oem spring is still good.
Oh, then that is okay. I thought just go and check after removing the wheels then charge RM20. :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all sifu and member,

i have vios 2011 model that is with ori exhausr stock, now i plan to modified the exhaust with low noise and pickup and end energier more better for fc, so what is agak agak price and ok lah the material piping as my budjet not more that rm800, plan change ori stock i think is 4-2-1 one
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience