Race tracks in Malaysia

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
Beside's Sepang (SIC) and Pasir Gudang.. is there any more race tracks in malaysia? whereby public can pay a small fee to practice and test the cars?.. places like batu tiga (now demolished) was one hot spot those day's... it's sad that they had to scrap it... it was a place where race driver's were born and talented tuners / driver's were found.. instead of having just SIC which is EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE to pay for the usage fee.. i think the goverment should come up with another smaller track for practice... I believe if there is such Practice tracks available.. there will be less public road racers raging into the night's of illegal racing...

what you guys think?

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
well,its plausable...
some ppl race on street for the sake of illegality
i'm sure there's lots of souped up cars who u see on street but not on track...
if they hv the money to mod the car.y not go sepang?
i used to hang out with a buncha guys [20of them,plus minus] who prefers illegal racing and running away from cops fast furious style all in the name of fun...

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
well,its plausable...
some ppl race on street for the sake of illegality
i'm sure there's lots of souped up cars who u see on street but not on track...
if they hv the money to mod the car.y not go sepang?
i used to hang out with a buncha guys [20of them,plus minus] who prefers illegal racing and running away from cops fast furious style all in the name of fun...
yeah.. i do agree with that.. some do like the "rush"... well.. just that looking at other countries.. they have like small tracks for practice or test car.. whereby here dont have.. (as far as i know). Running on the streets.. ( i do that too)... hehehehe.. but when it comes to testing / practice / or even maybe some advance driving course... a small track for this kind of purpose should be quite good eh?... those days race drivers were born on this kind of small tracks... now a days if you dont have the money.. you cant be a race driver..(officially) i mean...sorry for being old school a bit..hehehehehe

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
small tracks is defitnely good for advance driving ~HPC?

anyway..regardless of tracks in malaysia...apart from autocross /parking lots

there are some go karts track...and again it's go kart track so it's small and small and not so suitable for cars to go..

so nope..there is no other tracks...

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
I heard that our Malaysian Rally driver Saladdin has his own rally route somewhere.. i wonder if he has his own small track..hehehehe...
i wish we can form a society to raise funds to build a small track for the purpose of making our lives a little bit safer and more professional. lolz.. or anyone here got a couple of Milliions to spare?? HEHEHE...

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
yea
example..JP chin
he should help make a track
so he can practise there too
its ok being old school
coz i think that way too
even ppl in states sometimes race for pinks on streets
and one small state have more than malaysia entire race track

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
yeah... the track does'nt need to be as grand as sepang.... just normal practice routes like those roads in the program "Fifth Gear" , "top gear" or "Hot version".. i notice they have very nice roads there and it looks very safe.. coz the surrounding's is grass / sand. just a nice lay of tarmac... will do... a small fee like rm50 for 2 hours.. is already fantastic!!! ... anybody up for it? lolz

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
yeah... sad to say.. but its true... unless someone owns like a big land and willing to do a private track lor
hehhe.. i'm wishing very hard..lolz

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
By the way,
SIC for open day is like RM150 per car... is there a difference in price usage during night time?

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
yeah but i guess u can't just build a track..

u have 2 get some one 2 design it right?, tat will cost loadz...plus how much space would u need?

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
i think a track similar size to pasir gudang should ok lah or the old batu 3 track size...
yeah designer fee will be costly too...it's just a practice track and maybe small events or competitions...

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
maybe theycan juz use back the bt3 design...
y not?
setakat track layout,plus safety etc...i think everyone here fork out idea,sure can..we have 40k members...expertise...pfft...byk giler ma...
juz need space and "president" la...
sorry for not coming back here for along time leslie...
yea
i agree
kinda like topgear test track good enuff
oso quite big...those cars take about 1min++
and they ahve wide runaway area...but of coz,for multiple car.must hv walls la
those test tracks are meant for single car run only

kol_m_53100

Known Member
Feb 21, 2006
Top Gear test track is based on an air field. Top Gear main straight is the plane runway and its still being used from time to time by planes.Subang air port should be opened to the public and make a small track out of the runway they have.Charge a small fee to the public and it can be used for maintenances purposes.
Not saying old skool or old timers are bad,but from experience, young generation have the right idea but their idea cant be realized as old timers @ experience people are on the higher ranks and they make decision base on their experience which sometimes does not reflects the current needs and wants

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
yea true
seriously..i thot last time subang airport plan to make it a drag strip or smtg??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
Just asking,how far aftermarket VS can improve my car voltage???
I had a problem my my voltage during A.cond turn to ON...
On normal voltage its reading around 13.5volt - 14.1volt..
when i turn ON my AC, voltage will dropped around 12.3volt - 12.8volt..
i already change for new Alternator 90Ampere and improve abit la,around 13.1volt.
i'm really sure this voltage still not enough support..
right now many aftermarket VS in the market....like pivot etc and bla bla bla...
Anybody here...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience