How to pimp my wife?

Jan 23, 2018
Kuala Lumpur
Planning to get a new car soon, but human wife said she wants us to keep the machine wife (AE101). I asked if I can pimp it then, she said ok. :biggrin:

I did some research, but not sure correct or not... JPJ can only allow engine upgrade up to 30% power right? So 1.3 engine can only upgrade to 1.6 engine?

Engine: Seems like 4A series is the best?
But 4A-GE 20V BLACK TOP vs 4A-GZE which one is better?

ECU: What can this do? If upgrade, the car performs better?

Tyre: R17 45 215 best fit?

Turbocharger: GT2860R. But legal or not? More horsepower?

Body Kit: I prefer to be powerful inside, but looks sopan outside. As long as look neat, clean, minimalist, then it's the best.

Lamp: Since the lamps all old already, any nice, attractive and legal lamps for front and back?

Dashboard: My speedometer kong already. Need to change.

Audio System: What's good nowadays? Bluetooth? USB? Wi-Fi??

Budget: I can fork out budget as long as the quality is good and can make the AE101 really nice and still legal.

Thanks!

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Planning to get a new car soon, but human wife said she wants us to keep the machine wife (AE101). I asked if I can pimp it then, she said ok. :biggrin:

I did some research, but not sure correct or not... JPJ can only allow engine upgrade up to 30% power right? So 1.3 engine can only upgrade to 1.6 engine?

Body Kit: I prefer to be powerful inside, but looks sopan outside. As long as look neat, clean, minimalist, then it's the best.

Lamp: Since the lamps all old already, any nice, attractive and legal lamps for front and back?

Budget: I can fork out budget as long as the quality is good and can make the AE101 really nice and still legal.

Thanks!
You probably need a half cut black top rather then an engine kosong. Half cut will come with wire harness and ECU all in. Half cut will have the meters too....

What is your original tyre size? If 215/45R17 is too big you can go 205/45R17...:driver:

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya

Thanks!
Actually, JPJ not allowing you to endorse more than 30% is a myth. I'm not too sure the exact details but if your engine upgrade is more than 30% of the original, you just need to submit an extra form and go for certain extra inspections and upgrades(if not mistaken). I have a close friend who did that before, charade 1L upgrade to 1.5L endorsed.

Anyways, that aside, I would recommend the 4agze as it is more powerful and have more robust internals than the standard 4AGE. Also if you want to go all out on the 4agze, you can just remove the supercharger and bolt on turbo with little modifications regarding the management and engine itself. You should also use the stock ecu first until you decide to go big enough that your ECU can't support the mods.

Tires I'd recommend you to stick with 15" as the price difference for tires between the 2 sizes are quite large and 15s should be good enough.

You don't need to worry much about legal stuff as most mods done on the engine is legal in JPJ black and white. As long as your initial engine/block is legal with papers(kastam etc) then you're all good. They don't care if the turbo you fit in is larger than their head, it's legal.

Lamps wise, as long as it's not HID you're fine. Just go with whatever you think looks best, it can be projector but without HIDs. Or you can fit in HID Projectors and run normal bulbs when you enter Puspakom and switch back to HID's once you roll out :cool:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Get 4A-GE for easier maintenance. 4A-GZE is more complicated setup.
usually when someone talks about boosting a 4gze, they pull off all the sc bits, what they really want is the forged bits in the car. The idea is since it was designed to handle more power, theres no need to change the internals unless you wanted to start pushing stupid amounts of power.

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Super turbo charge it! 4AGZE + turbo

:biggrin:
sounds easy, but not easy at all lol

usually when someone talks about boosting a 4gze, they pull off all the sc bits, what they really want is the forged bits in the car. The idea is since it was designed to handle more power, theres no need to change the internals unless you wanted to start pushing stupid amounts of power.
yeah the stock 4agze bottom should be able to do 300hp easily.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Why? if transplant whole engine should be the same. right?:driver:
NA maintenance and care is usually easier than forced induction isn't it?

Other than changing the supercharger oil, I don't see how much more maintenance there would be for the 4agze compared to the 4age, plus he mentioned about turbocharging as well.
4A-GZE is not really as popular as 4A-GE, I think specific parts for that engine could be hard to find. One extra bolt on device to an engine will most likely mean one more extra thing to take care of in an engine.

See, more work needed already.

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
NA maintenance and care is usually easier than forced induction isn't it?

4A-GZE is not really as popular as 4A-GE, I think specific parts for that engine could be hard to find. One extra bolt on device to an engine will most likely mean one more extra thing to take care of in an engine.

See, more work needed already.
4A-GZE isn't as rare as you think here actually. The 4agze pistons and rings for example can be bought at many spare part shops. Just have to find a workshop familiar with the 4agze and you should be fine. Plus, it's a Toyota!

And as vr2turbo mentioned, other than changing oil, i don't see what else that is more maintenance.

More work needed as in what? The OP mentioned about turbo. If he were to convert the 4agze to turbo it will be so much easier, reliable and cheaper as the internals are already strong enough but if he were to bolt on the 4age he'll need to basically convert the internals to a 4agze in the end anyway.

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
If it's easy it's usually not worth doing. :biggrin:

You would understand that!
but when you go to the hard path you will wonder why didn't you choose the easier path, until it is all done, and you go 'it's worth it...'

then again, superturbo is not a path I would take. Just remove the sc and plonk in a turbo, easy reliable power and maintenance.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
but when you go to the hard path you will wonder why didn't you choose the easier path, until it is all done, and you go 'it's worth it...'

then again, superturbo is not a path I would take. Just remove the sc and plonk in a turbo, easy reliable power and maintenance.
SC and turbo together will be nice to have, but better maintain to one......lol:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi..can anyone tell me where i can get air filter box for my kelisa and wht is the estimate price?I am residing in Kajang & i really need you guys to help me out.Tq:bawling:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience