Good Proton Service Centre around Klang Valley

potato

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hello people, can anybody recommend some good Proton Service Centre around Klang Valley? Not authorised service centres as this is the 1k service.

I'm around Old Klang Road but there's only 1 authorised SC there and i heard one of their branch messed up few cars, I don't mind going abit distance as I'll take a day off.

I'm thinking about Puchong SC but don't know any recommendations about them, what about PJ 3S, Glenmarie?

I bought a 4L mobile super 2000 10W-40, but the Persona booklet says 20W-50, but many people say it's just recommendation so can i safely use 10W-40 without voiding warranty?

Also can I do the 1k service around 900km as I use it mainly in city drive just wanna make sure I'm not changing the oil too soon. Is it good to do the 1k service after 1000km?

With so many Proton users I think it would be nice to have a Proton Service Centre Review thread. Though they may not differ much but even a bucket or bad apples might have some not so bad one.

Last edited:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
a little info i got from a friend........

service centre = full fledge service centre with minimum 8 hoist and above
service mesra = aka lube bay, only with a single hoist and do lube services & minor repair only.

Attachments

Last edited:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
I'm around Old Klang Road but there's only 1 authorised SC there and i heard one of their branch messed up few cars, I don't mind going abit distance as I'll take a day off. there is no branch service centre around that area...nearest is puchong jaya. maybe its a dealer svc ctr....

I'm thinking about Puchong SC but don't know any recommendations about them, what about PJ 3S, Glenmarie? puchong sc, section 13 pj, jln 227 and glenmarie....u can visit them at yr convenience....so far it still depends on individual, some says good some says sucks....so very subjective....best is to try it out....

I bought a 4L mobile super 2000 10W-40, but the Persona booklet says 20W-50, but many people say it's just recommendation so can i safely use 10W-40 without voiding warranty?is it a fully sync or semi syn...if fully, not recommended to use coz it will cause noises from the tappets. the best is go for semi sync....

Also can I do the 1k service around 900km as I use it mainly in city drive just wanna make sure I'm not changing the oil too soon. Is it good to do the 1k service after 1000km? plus minus 800km is ok for every service interval.

With so many Proton users I think it would be nice to have a Proton Service Centre Review thread. Though they may not differ much but even a bucket or bad apples might have some not so bad one. its ok to have but the discussion should be in proffesional manner and not with intention to condemn or humiliate anyone...do it in a rationale way....

potato

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Are the Glenmarie good? If good i will call them up. But can bring my own oil & refuse all those non essential stuffs?

I think Super 2000 10W-40 is semi-synthetic while Mobil 1 is full synthetic?

the proton SC glenmarie bro...
u need to call them up to make an appointment 1st....
go in the morning will be best.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
i think u need to use their oil & parts...
if u bring your own oil, they will show u their shitty faces...:)
wat brand is super 2000? yes mobil 1 is full syn.

potato

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I already bought the oil, and was told by many user that we can bring our own oil, but i never asked whether there's any difference with Proton SC or Authorized SC.

the proton SC glenmarie bro...
u need to call them up to make an appointment 1st....
go in the morning will be best.

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
from what i heard the first few oil change during the running in period requires thicker oil so that it doesnt spoil the engine or something from what i remembered as the guy from proton told me so...anyway heard that the service centre in mutiara damansara is not bad...as i'm about to send my neo in for some wiring problem...couldnt get my car started...=(

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
from wat i heard...only some authorized service centre only can use oil dat u bring.
those main proton sc will void yr warranty on engine if anything happen.
reason is dat, proton does not know if the oil is genuine or imitation.
if u want to be on the safe side (able to claim warranty) use the sc parts n oils.
just everytime u came down to sc...always tell em u on a tight budget.
if not...u sure kena chop lol...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,

I've heard several stories of shops charging customers for doing balancing off wheel and then charging them again for doing off wheel balancing. Please be careful and take note:

For example: If a shop takes your tyre out and balances it, charges RM5 and then put it back on your car.... drives your car and then finds it's still out of balance and then he chooses to do an 'on wheel' balancing and charges you RM30 he SHOULD NOT charge you the other RM5 earlier simply because he was...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience