castrol magnatec causes con rod bearing damage?

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
As topic says, would like to ask if any of the forumers experienced Castrol Magnatec engine oil causes damage on con-rod bearing?

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i've been using the castrol magnatec semi syn for the past 2 years...so far no problem. what engine u using it on?

azameel

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
theres a lot of counterfeit engine oil being sold in the market
they immitate the leading brands such as shell. castrol etc
and they make their own oil
i've saw one article in one journalist blog which reveal these "kilang haram" producing fake engine oile
and the best past is they have their own new bottle and new stickers so its very hard to tell which one is the original oil and which one is the counterfeit

here's the link
http://ondscene.blogspot.com/2010/02/rampasan-minyak-pelincir-minyak.html

so better becareful with that as the fake one might ruin the reputation of the original one by causing damage to the engine

just sharing though

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
ooooh yah...my foreman n sparepart guy oso got tell me about this...i'll print out the page n give to them to put at their shops...very good link. thats y always buy from trusted sellers. dont cos wanna save rm10 buy ciplak stuff. same goes for spark plugs. heard a lot of iridium plugs in the market thats ciplak. my fren kena 2 sets already. use 2 months oni aredy gone case....the oni way he could explain the condition is "cair"

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
ooooh yah...my foreman n sparepart guy oso got tell me about this...i'll print out the page n give to them to put at their shops...very good link. thats y always buy from trusted sellers. dont cos wanna save rm10 buy ciplak stuff. same goes for spark plugs. heard a lot of iridium plugs in the market thats ciplak. my fren kena 2 sets already. use 2 months oni aredy gone case....the oni way he could explain the condition is "cair"
ya..Denso got imitation plugs...

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
Thanks for the link azameel :burnout: The reason why i bring up this topic was, I've come across atleast 5 of my friends' car has actually damaged their con rod bearing after using Castrol Magnatec oil (1 evo, 2 subaru, 2 proton) 2 of the vehicles in the list are even belong to workshop workers, which is a Castrol dealer. They got the oil from Castrol Malaysia directly.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Thanks for the link azameel :burnout: The reason why i bring up this topic was, I've come across atleast 5 of my friends' car has actually damaged their con rod bearing after using Castrol Magnatec oil (1 evo, 2 subaru, 2 proton) 2 of the vehicles in the list are even belong to workshop workers, which is a Castrol dealer. They got the oil from Castrol Malaysia directly.
the oil grade not suitable izzit

since its form castrol malaysia, it must be genuine

wat i worry is thw wrong oil grade, too thin of oil grade cant withstands high oil temp...especially on turbocharged engine...

Last edited:

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
what i experienced from using castrol magnatec is the car engine teppet noise and it became more obvious as i kept on using it. used it in 2 service schedules in probly 6months interval. now swapped to original honda engine oil plus revo oil. teppet noise reduced to almost gone now. fiuhhh...

eeys81

Dec 13, 2008
anybody know how to differentiate the real and the ciplak castrol magnatec oil? i just bought 4 botols from castrol dealer also. RM88 for 1 botol

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
now that u mention tappet noise...i do have some of that...but from what my foreman says, is due to the oil being too thin and he told me to put some oil addons. i think i'll try to use some idemitsu oild next time..a new day...a new thing learnt heheheh

budakkampungaje

Known Member
Dec 19, 2007
Dengkil
yeah mine toooo...my engine sound like 'mesin jahit'....now i would like to change that oil i'm using CASTROL MAGNETIC........after this i'm going to use IDEMITSU or TORCO....

PowerMonster

Known Member
Nov 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
what i experienced from using castrol magnatec is the car engine teppet noise and it became more obvious as i kept on using it. used it in 2 service schedules in probly 6months interval. now swapped to original honda engine oil plus revo oil. teppet noise reduced to almost gone now. fiuhhh...
Yeap REVO works for me too.