Waja CPS recommended battery - Zerotohundred.com


Zerotohundred.com
HOME FEATURES NEWS FORUMS THE MARKETPLACE TIMETOATTACK!
Go Back   Zerotohundred.com > Car Brands > Car Manufacturers > Proton

Poll: Recommended
Poll Options
Recommended

Reply
 
Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2017, 12:36 PM   #1
-lanz-
Senior Member
 
-lanz-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Perak/Kedah
Posts: 147
Likes: 5
Liked: 10 / 7 Posts
Default Waja CPS recommended battery

Im a waja CPS(manual) user.
My batt already 2 years since replaced and after one week the car not used,now the batt drained.
Its dry cell,so i think its time for replacement instead of recharge.
Isit better go for wet or dry?NS60 or NS70?
-lanz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:43 PM   #2
Izso
`(00) Noob
 
Izso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: KL
Posts: 12,781
Likes: 5,409
Liked: 5,821 / 2,694 Posts
Default Re: Waja CPS recommended battery

Dry is less maintenance. But if you're gonna park your car there and not move it at all, remember to disconnect the negative to preserve the battery
__________________
www.racenotrice.com
Izso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:12 PM   #3
-lanz-
Senior Member
 
-lanz-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Perak/Kedah
Posts: 147
Likes: 5
Liked: 10 / 7 Posts
Default Re: Waja CPS recommended battery

It was just one week parked there but before this 2 weeks not used still can start like normal.
Perhaps its time for replacement.
Planning to try NS70 this time but i heard some says it will burden the alternator.Not sure how much true.
-lanz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 04:23 PM   #4
vr2turbo
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Petaling Jaya
Posts: 25,518
Likes: 1,635
Liked: 7,677 / 5,757 Posts
Default Re: Waja CPS recommended battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by -lanz- View Post
Im a waja CPS(manual) user.
My batt already 2 years since replaced and after one week the car not used,now the batt drained.
Its dry cell,so i think its time for replacement instead of recharge.
Isit better go for wet or dry?NS60 or NS70?
Is actually maintenance free not dry. Still the same type of battery using lead/acid.

You can use either, but changing to NS70 you need to change the holder/battery clamp as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -lanz- View Post
It was just one week parked there but before this 2 weeks not used still can start like normal.
Perhaps its time for replacement.
Planning to try NS70 this time but i heard some says it will burden the alternator.Not sure how much true.
New battery can keep it's charge up to 3 months, but you must remember when fitted to the car, the clock and alarm is running and if you do not use often the charging of the battery in not enough so the charge will deplete...

Last edited by vr2turbo; 06-02-2017 at 04:25 PM.
vr2turbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:22 PM   #5
DanzEterna
Moderator
 
DanzEterna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PJ
Posts: 15,913
Likes: 2,153
Liked: 3,369 / 2,068 Posts
Default Re: Waja CPS recommended battery

ns60 should be sufficient
DanzEterna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:41 PM   #6
vr2turbo
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Petaling Jaya
Posts: 25,518
Likes: 1,635
Liked: 7,677 / 5,757 Posts
Default Re: Waja CPS recommended battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanzEterna View Post
ns60 should be sufficient
Of course enough because that is the OE size.........lol

Should see those with NS40 battery....
vr2turbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:59 PM   #7
sweelt
1000bhp Senior
 
sweelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Penang
Posts: 1,368
Likes: 189
Liked: 105 / 88 Posts
Default Re: Waja CPS recommended battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr2turbo View Post
Is actually maintenance free not dry. Still the same type of battery using lead/acid.

You can use either, but changing to NS70 you need to change the holder/battery clamp as well.



New battery can keep it's charge up to 3 months, but you must remember when fitted to the car, the clock and alarm is running and if you do not use often the charging of the battery in not enough so the charge will deplete...
NS70 big loh, force me to relocate battery to rear. lol...
sweelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:04 PM   #8
gunnerzz
800bhp Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Melaka
Posts: 804
Likes: 25
Liked: 350 / 233 Posts
Default Re: Waja CPS recommended battery

The older the battery gets the lower its ability to store charge. I dont lock my car using the alarm when i left it parked inside house compound. It helps reduce the discharge.
Every 2 week i will hook up a battery charger.
gunnerzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:13 PM   #9
sweelt
1000bhp Senior
 
sweelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Penang
Posts: 1,368
Likes: 189
Liked: 105 / 88 Posts
Default Re: Waja CPS recommended battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerzz View Post
The older the battery gets the lower its ability to store charge. I dont lock my car using the alarm when i left it parked inside house compound. It helps reduce the discharge.
Every 2 week i will hook up a battery charger.
better lock, last 2 day only happen. I nearly got heart attack.
My wife went to work and forget to close auto gate. My wira left unlock due to same reason, save battery. Hahahahaha....8am-7pm, wira is sitting duck. She msg me when reach home, "wira not missing, forget close auto gate"

BTW, where to buy battery charger. ?
sweelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:05 PM   #10
vr2turbo
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Petaling Jaya
Posts: 25,518
Likes: 1,635
Liked: 7,677 / 5,757 Posts
Default Re: Waja CPS recommended battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweelt View Post
better lock, last 2 day only happen. I nearly got heart attack.
My wife went to work and forget to close auto gate. My wira left unlock due to same reason, save battery. Hahahahaha....8am-7pm, wira is sitting duck. She msg me when reach home, "wira not missing, forget close auto gate"

BTW, where to buy battery charger. ?
You can still key lock without the alarm,, right?

Your auto gate got no auto close? Mine have a setting that you can on and off. The setting is like if forget to close the gate, after 2 minutes it close by itself....
vr2turbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:24 PM   #11
gunnerzz
800bhp Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Melaka
Posts: 804
Likes: 25
Liked: 350 / 233 Posts
Default Re: Waja CPS recommended battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweelt View Post
better lock, last 2 day only happen. I nearly got heart attack.
My wife went to work and forget to close auto gate. My wira left unlock due to same reason, save battery. Hahahahaha....8am-7pm, wira is sitting duck. She msg me when reach home, "wira not missing, forget close auto gate"

BTW, where to buy battery charger. ?
i bought the cheap china one from mudah.its yellow plastic box less than rm80. Was very skeptical at first but i have charge from ns40 to N70 with no problem. Now since i ride to work there will be abt 4 cars idling at home(not all mine eh) so a battery charger is very useful.
Check if there is promo for Bosch charger for below 200.

My parents are retired to there will be people at home and we install cctv which 3 of the camera can see the gate because when all of us gathered there will be few cars parked outside.On the auto close gate ,we dont have that but we have been educated to wait until the gate close before we drive away.

I dont lock my car manually if its parked inside although my dad will always lock his car. Nothing precious in the car plus,to steal it the thief must overcome the immobiliser and move another 2 car which will have the alarm on.
gunnerzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:36 PM   #12
sweelt
1000bhp Senior
 
sweelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Penang
Posts: 1,368
Likes: 189
Liked: 105 / 88 Posts
Default Re: Waja CPS recommended battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr2turbo View Post
You can still key lock without the alarm,, right?

Your auto gate got no auto close? Mine have a setting that you can on and off. The setting is like if forget to close the gate, after 2 minutes it close by itself....
No woh, will get it done. Auto close if forget. Thanks for reminder.
sweelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:50 PM   #13
-lanz-
Senior Member
 
-lanz-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Perak/Kedah
Posts: 147
Likes: 5
Liked: 10 / 7 Posts
Default Re: Waja CPS recommended battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweelt View Post
NS70 big loh, force me to relocate battery to rear. lol...
How abt the wiring?

Thanks for the info guys
-lanz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:56 PM   #14
vr2turbo
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Petaling Jaya
Posts: 25,518
Likes: 1,635
Liked: 7,677 / 5,757 Posts
Default Re: Waja CPS recommended battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerzz View Post
i bought the cheap china one from mudah.its yellow plastic box less than rm80. Was very skeptical at first but i have charge from ns40 to N70 with no problem. Now since i ride to work there will be abt 4 cars idling at home(not all mine eh) so a battery charger is very useful.
Check if there is promo for Bosch charger for below 200.

My parents are retired to there will be people at home and we install cctv which 3 of the camera can see the gate because when all of us gathered there will be few cars parked outside.On the auto close gate ,we dont have that but we have been educated to wait until the gate close before we drive away.

I dont lock my car manually if its parked inside although my dad will always lock his car. Nothing precious in the car plus,to steal it the thief must overcome the immobiliser and move another 2 car which will have the alarm on.
For me I used to have the power bank that can start the car, but already passed 3 years so that also konk already.....lol
Yup, I always tell my kids and also my wife to wait for the gate to close before moving off. If move off when gate is still closing, the moment someone or something gets in between the infra red lights it will detect as something is there and will open again..
vr2turbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:57 PM   #15
vr2turbo
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Petaling Jaya
Posts: 25,518
Likes: 1,635
Liked: 7,677 / 5,757 Posts
Default Re: Waja CPS recommended battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by -lanz- View Post
How abt the wiring?

Thanks for the info guys
No need relocate the battery leh! Just replace.....lol
vr2turbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Zerotohundred.com > Car Brands > Car Manufacturers > Proton

Previous: Previous Thread | Next Thread :Next

Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

SEARCH

Our YouTube Videos









2000 - 2017 Zerotohundred.com - The Automotive Enthusiasts' Network | Tags | Terms of Use | Visitor Agreement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Top