DIY Smoke Headlamp for kelisa

crazeeclan

Known Member
May 4, 2005
shah alam

Those red circle are the screw attaching the bumper to the body...total u got 9 screw...after remove the bumper screw...remove those green screw...those are the headlight screw...each headlight got 3 screw...all are size 10 screw...u need a long head size 10 screw...canot use normal spanar coz the screw behind signal lamp and behind number plate there very narrow so normal spanar cant fit in...

This is after i seperated the light...sorry no pic when process of removing...but what i do is...i use hair dryer to blow at the gap between rear n front pcs of the light...then use a flat head screw driver and slowly separate it...pour abit of boiling hot water at the silicon to soften it then faster separate the light...took me 1 hour plus just to separate 2 headlight...

After separate it...tape and cover the reflector...remember to check and see any left out...it not u wil accidentally spray your light reflector....

Spray the reflector with RM5 FLAT BLACK color...no need to sand paper the reflector...just wipe it with clean cloth to make sure no dust or dirt.

Same goes to this...no need sand paper it...just wipe it with clean cloth...and make sure it really dry before u spray...after the paint is dry up..apply another layer on it...i apply 3 layer overall...

After spray..remove all those tape and pump abit of transparent silicon (RM8.90 bought at hardware shop)at the "longkang" then attach back the rear n front pcs of the headlight..and this is the result of it....

Spray = RM 5
Silicon Sealant = RM8.90
100 Plus = RM 3.90
Marlboro Light = RM 9 but smoke few stick only
Result of the headlight = PRICELESS SATISFACTION :D

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
looks good!

neat diy

time for taillights hehe

blackend

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
Johore,
wah,so clever arr...just curious if water can penetrate inside...:confused:

roy_fatboy

500 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Selangor
www.wiraownersclub.com
wah,so clever arr...just curious if water can penetrate inside...:confused:
actually any headlamps, sure abit of moisture will go in.. thats why behind every headlamp, there's like a small hole (normally connected with an 'L' shape rubber tube pointing downwards) to allow moisture to go out once you switch it on and heats up the temperature inside..

just make sure no BIG drops of water to pass through, then you'll be fine.. just seal back the place you open properly..

Shanashi

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
wow good job bro as i know most ppl scared to open their headlamps cuz takut water masuk headache but ur daring respect!:wavey:

webeck948

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
Just to share =)

This is how mine turned out, started with matte black then sprayed on with Gerhana Grey, result's almost like gunmetal in my opinion =)

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
put headlight into oven for about 3-4 mins, it's faster & easier to seperate the cover....just dont overcook it!....

put back again in again after you're done and applied back the silicone sealant, then take out and press it while it cools.

Good as new....

Last edited:

crazeeclan

Known Member
May 4, 2005
shah alam
wow good job bro as i know most ppl scared to open their headlamps cuz takut water masuk headache but ur daring respect!:wavey:
haha...DIY is about trial n error...so have to take the risk...till now...i have help to DIY 5 pair of headlamp for kelisa ady...and the best part is there is no anyone complain water get into inside of the headlamp...:biggrin:

Bump:
put headlight into oven for about 3-4 mins, it's faster & easier to seperate the cover....just dont overcook it!....

put back again in again after you're done and applied back the silicone sealant, then take out and press it while it cools.

Good as new....
use oven abit risky...i only use hair dryer and hot water...very fast...