Proton Ertiga unveiled - 1.4-litre, EEV-certified, from RM59k!

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That will kill off their Iriz.. Maybe if they know they will do partnership with Suzuki, shouldn't have released the Iriz in the first place... Rebadge Swift...
They don't even know who they will partner with, talk here fail, talk there fail......hhahhahahahah:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
They don't even know who they will partner with, talk here fail, talk there fail......hhahhahahahah:driver:
To be honest, I really don't understand Proton and their partnership program. That time during 2010, they say they renewed their agreement with Mitsubishi but until now, only rebadged Lancer. Then suddenly around 2014, partner up with Honda and only rebadged Accord. Now Suzuki. :hmmmm:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Iriz the "Global" small car is killed anyway

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Iriz the "Global" small car is killed anyway
Indeed. Looking at the specs and price, new Persona totally kills it by being cheaper and having more space than Iriz. I heard the CVT is also improved in new Persona. If you ask me, I will rather choose the Persona 1.6 manual is priced at RM46k instead of Iriz 1.6 manual is at RM53k.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
To be honest, I really don't understand Proton and their partnership program. That time during 2010, they say they renewed their agreement with Mitsubishi but until now, only rebadged Lancer. Then suddenly around 2014, partner up with Honda and only rebadged Accord. Now Suzuki. :hmmmm:
Try to badge those models that can sell, but Japs gave them all the old balance......lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Try to badge those models that can sell, but Japs gave them all the old balance......lol
Speaking of models that can sell, the idea of a light pickup truck as a successor to Arena could actually work. They can rebadge the old Triton lite. That one could probably sell to small business owners or people working in construction field.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Or could just get stuck with them like Juara......lol
Well, I think this Ertiga won't be as bad as Juara. Still larger and more powerful than Juara. Juara is like a wrong move to bring in a Kei car van into our market.

In Japan, it makes sense because Kei cars have much cheaper taxes, cheaper biannual shaken vehicle inspection rates and in some rural areas, Kei cars are excluded from the parking spot law. In Japan, to buy a car, you need to prove to the police and authorities that you have a proper parking slot for the car, if not, you can't get the car registered. Police will even go to your parking spot to measure the dimensions to see if it fits the car or not.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Well, I think this Ertiga won't be as bad as Juara. Still larger and more powerful than Juara. Juara is like a wrong move to bring in a Kei car van into our market.

In Japan, it makes sense because Kei cars have much cheaper taxes, cheaper biannual shaken vehicle inspection rates and in some rural areas, Kei cars are excluded from the parking spot law. In Japan, to buy a car, you need to prove to the police and authorities that you have a proper parking slot for the car, if not, you can't get the car registered. Police will even go to your parking spot to measure the dimensions to see if it fits the car or not.
The police in Japan has got so much free time because of very low crime rate. They have to do these kind of things to avoid being called 'makan gaji buta'. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The police in Japan has got so much free time because of very low crime rate. They have to do these kind of things to avoid being called 'makan gaji buta'. :biggrin:
I think they are very strict with things like these. A lot of places in Japan are very crowded and compacted. They probably want to make sure you have a proper spot to park your car before buying one instead of buy as much as you like, then park everywhere like in Malaysia. The Japanese are always obsessed with neat and orderly stuff. :adore:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

You jumping all over. Not the Ertiga lah! you just mention re-badge Triton Lite mah......lol:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
You jumping all over. Not the Ertiga lah! you just mention re-badge Triton Lite mah......lol:biggrin:
Oh, hahahaha. I got it wrong. So you mean the rebadged Triton lite might end up like Juara. But then, a cheap light truck can serve for utility purposes unlike Juara which I'm not sure what role does it serve. At most, Juara will serve like those old Daihatsu Hijet mini vans used by small business owners.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh, hahahaha. I got it wrong. So you mean the rebadged Triton lite might end up like Juara. But then, a cheap light truck can serve for utility purposes unlike Juara which I'm not sure what role does it serve. At most, Juara will serve like those old Daihatsu Hijet mini vans used by small business owners.
That is the thing, when finally they gave up on the Juara, they sold cheap, all sold......lol:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That is the thing, when finally they gave up on the Juara, they sold cheap, all sold......lol:biggrin:
I din't know about this. Still quite young at that time. Primary school. I only remember Juara is launched simultaneously with Arena. Arena is well received in Australian market as Proton Jumbuck.