fog light

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
hello folks,

i'm thinking of adding a fog light on my perdana alfa bumper edition.

any advise?

1) comet 4500 (rm80 for a set) - anyone using this? reviews?
2) odyssey fog light (rm250 for a set) - quite expensive, i feel
3) myvi fog light (was told that need to cut the bumper in order to fit and not lasting)

i wanted something really good and durable, as you know.. our stock headlight is weak.. can't even see anything at all..

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hello folks,

any advise?

3) myvi fog light (was told that need to cut the bumper in order to fit and not lasting)

i wanted something really good and durable, as you know.. our stock headlight is weak.. can't even see anything at all..
Maybe first you need to fix your main issue which is your headlamp. Are they already yellow & cracking? If yes then try to restore them first, if still cannot then buy new pairs. Have you also tried better bulbs from Osram, Phillips, etc2. Those help a lot too.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
hello folks,

any advise?

You can try refrofit projectors and HID like what Izso suggested. I have contact if you want. It aint cheap but suggest you buy a pair of new headlamp 1st before doing it.

So far, friends got no problem going through roadblocks since is high quality ones and not those Cheapo HID that cost only few hundred or less. You are gonna be looking at a price of RM1K+.

If not, then just get a pair of new headlamps and better quality bulbs like Osram or Philips. What you pay is what you get la.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
i actually using my stock headlight, retrofit with projector lens and HID, 4300k..

still i find it weak.. in order to see, i had to highbeam.. which i find very inconsiderate..

hence, i'm looking at fog light.

i actually have 2 set of projector leds as fog light, with HID 3000k..
however, due to the turbo piping blocking the installation.

any other better alternative?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i actually using my stock headlight, retrofit with projector lens and HID, 4300k..

still i find it weak.. in order to see, i had to highbeam.. which i find very inconsiderate..

Out of curiousity, is your headlight plastic clear or milky? Perhaps you just have blurry headlights. Is the projector lens good quality?

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Out of curiousity, is your headlight plastic clear or milky? Perhaps you just have blurry headlights. Is the projector lens good quality?
clear..
projector lens seem ok for me.. it's working fine.. maybe i should change the headlight to 3000k instead.
least, the throw light will be better.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
have you checked the light throw from the headlamps? Out of angle/allignment lighting could be the culprit....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Worse case scenario, have you got your eye checked other than your car's "eyes"?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Retrofit projectors and use HID :biggrin:

Retrofitted HID actually might not be good coz the light might be spreading instead of focusing, plus it actually be more blinding to the opposing cars due to the light spread. Better bulbs with std reflectors are more effective and much cheaper.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Retrofitted HID actually might not be good coz the light might be spreading instead of focusing, plus it actually be more blinding to the opposing cars due to the light spread. Better bulbs with std reflectors are more effective and much cheaper.
Retrofitted HID on halogen reflector then no good, but if retrofitted to projector headlamps are okay as the focusing is there....:driver:

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Maybe low beam adjusted too low so light is nearer the car that why cannot see ahead.....:smokin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
what kind of hid did u use for the retrofit? perhaps its just the adjustment needed.... adjustment for projector usually the cut-off line of the light touch down the road at 300ft (+-100m)

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
what kind of hid did u use for the retrofit? perhaps its just the adjustment needed.... adjustment for projector usually the cut-off line of the light touch down the road at 300ft (+-100m)
no idea on the type..

you mean there's a few type? i only know its 35W..

anyway i already inform my friend on this, lets test it out on this sat..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi friends

This is a Honda Fit, less than 10 years old, nice looking with the sporty Advan Racing wheels.

engine was cleaned first

From

To

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience