Lotus Elise Race 250 - The most potent Elise ever

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com
What is it?

Meet Lotus Elise Race 250, the race-ready Elise that is even more powerful and lighter than ever, resulting from Lotus's expertise in chassis technology combined with extensive motorsport experience.

The Elise Race 250 is the quickest Elise to ever lap the company's Hethel test track. With a lap time of 1 minute 33.5 seconds, it is half a second quicker than the already-hardcore Elise 220 Cup R.

On another note, the reveal of the new Elise Race 250 coincides with the 50th anniversary of the founding of Lotus's factory in Hethel, Norfolk when its founder, Colin Chapman moved Lotus to the purpose-built factory back in 1966.

Lotus Elise Race 250

Engine:
1.8-litre supercharged 4-cylinder
Power: 243hp at 7,200 rpm
Torque: 250Nm at 3,500 to 5,500 rpm
Zerotohundred: n/a
Transmissions: Six-speed manual
Dimensions: 3,726mm (L), 1,701mm (W), 1,148mm (H)
Weight: Less than 900kg
Price: £53,500

Engine

This new Elise is developed for the track, with a long list of performance-oriented features as standard. Sporting a supercharged 1.8-litre 4-cylinder engine, the Elise Race 250 is capable of producing 243hp and a respectable 250Nm of torque. 6-speed manual is the only transmission available.

Chassis

Eligible for various racing series around the world, the Elise Race 250 features Lotus' famous aluminium chassis technology. With stiff and lightweight extrusions glued by epoxy adhesive, the chassis is both immensely strong and torsionally rigid, and yet it tips the scale at a featherweight 68kgs.

Other upgrades include Nitron one-way adjustable dampers and Eibach coaxial coil springs, adjustable front anti-roll bar, double wishbone suspension tuned to provide optimum body and roll control, uprated brake pads, AP Racing twin-piston front calipers and Brembo
single-piston unit at the rear.

Exterior

The Elise Race 250 benefits more from weight saving bits like headlights that are replaced with lightweight composite blanking panels. The wheels are a set of ultra-lightweight alloys; 16-inch up front and 17-inch at the rear, wrapped in Yokohama A048 tyres.

For more weight-saving measures, customers may opt for the Carbon Aero Pack, which replaces the standard front splitter, rear wing, rear diffuser and side floor extensions that reduce weight further by 10 kg. The Carbon Aero Pack helps in producing 155 kg of downforce at its maximum speed of 248 km/h.

The Elise Race 250 also gets front and rear towing eyes as standard.

Interior

In the cabin, the hardcore Elise Race 250 is equipped with FIA-approved carbon-fibre race seat with six-point harness, FIA-compliant front roll-cage section, fire extinguisher, a removable steering wheel and a polycarbonate rear windscreen.

Manufacturer’s suggested retail price:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any foreman here can advice me?

My spark plug lead has gone brittle and those rubber pieces are in my spark plug chambers.
Tried to take some out but I can't.

I am gonna change my valve cover gasket soon but i still can't access it.
Letting the rubber dropping inside the combustion chamber would be my last resort. :bawling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience