Perodua's first ever sedan, the Bezza finally launched!

Amirul

Resident Journalist
Jun 7, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
www.zerotohundred.com
What's the hype?

The Bezza is Perodua's first ever attempt to produce a sedan (although it is based on its smallest platform, the Axia). The EEV-certified Bezza marks a significant moment for Perodua as it is developed entirely by local talent, starting from the existing donor car.

It is also worth noting that prior to the official launch, the car has received more than 4,000 bookings after 5 days from the announced booking date.

Three variants will be available: Standard G, Premium X and Advance. There is also the GearUp option, a package to further enhance the Bezza's styling.

Perodua Bezza

Engine:
Standard G: 1.0-litre VVT-i; Premium X: 1.3-litre Dual VVT-i; Advance: 1.3-litre Dual VVT-i
Power: Standard G: 67hp at 6,000 rpm; Premium X and Advance: 94hp at 6,000 rpm
Torque: Standard G: 91Nm at 4,400 rpm; Premium X and Advance: 121Nm at 4,400 rpm
Zerotohundred: n/a
Transmissions: 5-speed manual, 4-speed automatic
Dimensions: 4,150mm (L), 1,620mm (W), 1,510mm (H)
Weight from: 865kg
Price: Standard G: from RM37,300; Premium X: from RM42,800; Advance: from RM50,800

Exterior

The Perodua Bezza features trendy front fascia which integrates its headlights and upper grille seamlessly. The double-reflector halogen lamps with auto-off function are standard across all variants. However, fog lights and electric side mirrors with turn signals are only available on Premium X and Advance.

The C-shaped tail lights are LED units and the fin on the outer side of the tail lights is claimed to contribute to the car's stability, hmm. Standard G and Premium X get 8-spoke 14-inch alloy wheels while the Advance gets a 5-spiral-spoke 14-inch alloy wheels.

Six colours will be available; Lava Red, Ebony Black, Glittering Silver, Ivory White, Sugar Brown (new) and Ocean Blue (new).

Interior

Moving in, familiar steering wheel from the donor car greets the driver. But
the rest of the dashboard; from gear knob, centre console to meter panels are new and Bezza-specific.

The Standard G's seats are fabric, Premium X gets semi-buckets in fabric and the range-topping Advance gets the semi-buckets in leather.

The Bezza excels in practicality with 8+1 seating configurations, cup holders,
anti-snatch hook, two shopping hooks, bottle holders, multipurpose compartments and class-leading luggage capacity of 508 litres.

Engine

The Bezza comes in two engines sizes; the 1.0-litre VVT-i and 1.3-litre Dual VVT-i are efficient units and can be paired to either a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic. The Advance variant however is paired to the sole automatic option.

Power and torque for the 1.0-litre and 1.3-litre are 67hp/91Nm and 94hp/121Nm respectively.

Fuel economy (l/100km):

• Standard G: 22.8 (manual), 21.3 (auto)
  • Premium X: 21.7 (manual), 21.0 (auto)
  • Advance: 22.0 (auto, with 'Eco Idle' idling stop system)
Infotainment

• Standard G: Audio system with USB, two front speakers
  • Premium X: Audio system with USB and Bluetooth, two front speaker, two rear speakers
  • Advance: 'Smart Link' multimedia system with navigation and reverse camera, two front
    speakers, two rear speakers
Safety

Perodua made the Bezza their first model to come with vehicle stability control (VSC), tarction control (TRC) and hill-start assist (HSA), although it is only offered to the range-topper (for this time being).

Other features like dual SRS airbags, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX system however are standard across the variants. Perodua also just bagged another milestone as the Bezza Advance scored a full 5-star rating in a recent ASEAN NCAP test.

Last edited:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Already have a look on this car..
Seems a bit weird as the ori setup is too high for the size.. need to lower the body a bit then will be nice..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Already have a look on this car..
Seems a bit weird as the ori setup is too high for the size.. need to lower the body a bit then will be nice..
That is where the adjustable and aftermarket stuff comes in........lol:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Saw many people ask on the internet about this car whether will it be underpowered. I find that question to be dumb because I calculated the power to weight ratio for the 1.3 variant and it is about the same with Vios. How is that underpowered...

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
That is where the adjustable and aftermarket stuff comes in........lol:rofl:
yup.. but body so light change to adjustable later will be riding horse:biggrin: like Potong Iswara last time..:biggrin::biggrin: where still remember my brother car rear spring drop off after bump when lowered..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Saw many people ask on the internet about this car whether will it be underpowered. I find that question to be dumb because I calculated the power to weight ratio for the 1.3 variant and it is about the same with Vios. How is that underpowered...
Seems over 10k bookings dy.......:driver:

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

yup.. but body so light change to adjustable later will be riding horse:biggrin: like Potong Iswara last time..:biggrin::biggrin: where still remember my brother car rear spring drop off after bump when lowered..
Short springs, long dampers? Wrong combo is it?:hmmmm:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
very soon this bezza is gonna storm the roads like how myvi did it previously and become one of the "god" car

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Short springs, long dampers? Wrong combo is it?:hmmmm:
Aiya.. u know la last time where got those after market sport spring of adjustable absorber..
under tree style cut the spring..:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

mc888

Known Member
Apr 8, 2010
Little HK

Those are ketuk magic experts...just a few knocks on the fenders will know how good is the car :biggrin:

Many still have no idea abt power-to-weight ratio, that's y they just care abt the shown numbers. Just like those ahbengs on a safe-mode imprezza few years back(youtube), surprised being overtook by an 190kmh myvi lol..

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Those are ketuk magic experts...just a few knocks on the fenders will know how good is the car :biggrin:

Many still have no idea abt power-to-weight ratio, that's y they just care abt the shown numbers. Just like those ahbengs on a safe-mode imprezza few years back(youtube), surprised being overtook by an 190kmh myvi lol..
I'm pretty sure this 95hp 1.3 Bezza is quite good enough if you drive the manual variant...

My old EFI 4G15 Wira MT produces less output and is heavier than the Bezza but is still fine to me. Funny thing is, a friend of mine went for a ride in my car and it somehow frightened him a bit when I go full throttle. He told me it feels like it is fast despite I'm not really going fast. He is driving a F30 320i himself. Perhaps he is not used to the response you get from MT cars. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'm pretty sure this 95hp 1.3 Bezza is quite good enough if you drive the manual variant...

My old EFI 4G15 Wira MT produces less output and is heavier than the Bezza but is still fine to me. Funny thing is, a friend of mine went for a ride in my car and it somehow frightened him a bit when I go full throttle. He told me it feels like it is fast despite I'm not really going fast. He is driving a F30 320i himself. Perhaps he is not used to the response you get from MT cars. :biggrin:
Your car not stable so feel like going fast loh.......hahhahahha:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Your car not stable so feel like going fast loh.......hahhahahha:biggrin:
Also due to lesser soundproofing and louder engine. Maybe he is also not used to the time when I release throttle to shift and full throttle again after shifting. The sudden lurch feeling when you press on throttle again after shifting seems to scare him a bit because all these while he only drives AT and their shifting is quite unnoticeable.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

3.24% at best. lol. I’m sure removing your spare tire (either in the boot or on your belly) would net 3.24% faster acceleration as well.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience