Discuss About Your Car...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Will keep this thread updated, gonna have it replaced on Monday :)

Oh btw guys, anyone knows where to tune the suspension? I feel mine is abit harsh.
Since already bought the set, you can only tune the damping rate. If still harsh, looks like you need to change to lighter load springs....:driver:

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Since already bought the set, you can only tune the damping rate. If still harsh, looks like you need to change to lighter load springs....:driver:
Indeed mine is only able to adjust the rebound damping and height. I am not too familiar with suspension set up and from what I know, the KW V lines have progressive spring rates.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Will keep this thread updated, gonna have it replaced on Monday :)

Oh btw guys, anyone knows where to tune the suspension? I feel mine is abit harsh.
harsh in what manners ?
You can tune yourself, is fun to experiment. Play with soft/hard dampening. Read manuals 1st. Either count the clicks from hard/soft.
Main idea is to maintain car drivability no matter in low/high speed.
Butt/pungkoq harsh, is secondary.

My past experience wira + wrong suspension setup, steering feel light as feather during high speed.
that is suicide.:confused:
Now running correct setup steering feel tighter and can know the tires is stick to road.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
harsh in what manners ?
You can tune yourself, is fun to experiment. Play with soft/hard dampening. Read manuals 1st. Either count the clicks from hard/soft.

My past experience wira + wrong suspension setup, steering feel light as feather during high speed.
Now running correct setup steering feel tighter and can know the tires is stick to road.
Mine, with damping soft the ride still harsh, only the bounce is softer and more roll. On hard setting, the rebound is less, no difference in ride harshness. Probably need lighter spring to reduce the harsh ride,....lol

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
why not doing full servicing the used set before install... ideally thats the best practice
I have thought of rebuilding it but it has undercarriage noise due to the bad designed on the mounting. So now the whole set is lying in Ah Wah's workshop to be dumped. Maybe he has threw it away already, hahaha...

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
harsh in what manners ?

Road feel is amazing now, I'd def play around with clicks once it's all completed.

As long as the road is smooth and gradual, it's all good but you know whenever I drive on the MRR2, I'm dreading it... So many unexpected potholes in the middle of highway. :banghead:

I have thought of rebuilding it but it has undercarriage noise due to the bad designed on the mounting. So now the whole set is lying in Ah Wah's workshop to be dumped. Maybe he has threw it away already, hahaha...
Why don't you sell off the set? At least you're getting some of your money back...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Why don't you sell off the set? At least you're getting some of your money back...
Actually someone has offered to buy it for a few hundred but I was just too lazy to go to Ah Wah's place, dig out, pack it and send it. Hahaha.. this is when laziness defeats the value of money.

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
I have good news and bad news...

Good news is I got my car back, newly rebuilt pair of absorbers and everything is perfect.
Bad news is I can't claim my warranty since the seal broke and so did my dampers, the internal was screwed. Apparently they told me it was due to high impact (I blame it on the bad MRR2, was caught off guard running over really deep pothole) and continuous driving on uneven roads since it was already weak.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

Good news is I got my car back, newly rebuilt pair of absorbers and everything is perfect.
Bad news is I can't claim my warranty since the seal broke and so did my dampers, the internal was screwed. Apparently they told me it was due to high impact (I blame it on the bad MRR2, was caught off guard running over really deep pothole) and continuous driving on uneven roads since it was already weak.
shit, too bad bro. No one want to drive through pothole, or drop the car from 5 storey building that cause "high impact".
As long you satisfy and happy now. :driver:

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
shit, too bad bro. No one want to drive through pothole, or drop the car from 5 storey building that cause "high impact".
As long you satisfy and happy now. :driver:
Yea well shit happens, clock's ticking so just move on and be grateful nothing else got damaged :rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Actually I can't accept that reply from them. It actually means the dampers are not good. Warranty is by period or mileage. Anything in the warranty that states high impact. How are they going to prove high impact? Say the dampers were normally and it leaked due to some manufacturing fault, and they say high impact cannot claim....:banghead:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Wait - what brand are these? If dampers break based on impact - that's nonsense. They are called dampers for crying out loud.

If these dampers are that useless I'd want to avoid using them. Please share the brand

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wait - what brand are these? If dampers break based on impact - that's nonsense. They are called dampers for crying out loud.

If these dampers are that useless I'd want to avoid using them. Please share the brand
Exactly.....lol

The picture he posted got KW on it.....:biggrin:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
bro s.marz, whatever done is done. Hope you can send the pics to KW and make some complaints, since you have proof of purchase, date, warranty..etc.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Has anyone heard of cold start system, the big bulky thing bolter to the TB, anyone tried removing it, how it looks like and how it works? worth removing it?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience