May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
thread closed as problems solved :)

Last edited:

wch5274

Oct 17, 2008
wiper... 21" and 19"
change to silicone.. quite ok compare original..

mine 2nd hand 2002 1.6A... i already use 2 years...

your question?

1) mine also have and my many2 friend use waja also have.. :biggrin:
maybe this is waja charactheristic... for its sharp handling.. :biggrin:
2 & 3) sorry.. i dunno
4) check ur rubber seal which all cable from engine went through ur firewall.. Maybe, one of them already tear / wear off or not install properly.. if all ok, the water splash noise are not so loud like wira... but still u can't prevent the sound even u soundproof ur firewall / wheel well..

:driver:

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
1. There is a weird noise when ever i turn left or right (sharp turns). I took the car to Proton and they checked the car and said it could be suspension or anti roll-bar bushings that have worn out, but they need to open and check to confirm.

2. They also spotted that the cross-member bar is touching the gearbox which is most probably due to a hard hit on a bump. Proton said they will try to pull it back out or worst case have to replace that bar. (its right under the car supporting the engine, positioned under the gearbox)

For Q1,2 please check the front wheel stabilizer, most probably is broken near the wheels, either right or left, so that is why when you make a turn it sound at that turn

3.I feel a lag of power when i drive outstation , mainly on highways. When Proton was checking my car i noticed a blue color center bullet which is definetly not original proton part. The car also needs a service, could that be the issue.

That piece of definitely not original proton does not contribute lag of power as much as it should. Its not easy to tell what is your feel are but, good rules of thumb, service your car with proper parts.
1. engine oil
2. plug
3. plug cable
4. air filter

once you get new stuff even the oe will make your drive feel better, if not , maybe something else is bothering

4.Once was driving in the rain , very heavy rain and 3-5 drops of water just dripped on my accelerator pedal, also when ever i drive in the rain i can practically here the water noise splashing with my tyres . Proton said it could be a wiring harness box that is loose or open. Must check to confirm.

This sound serious problem. It could be a hole in the wheel cover area... really must check

ADDITIONALY: All waja comes with a design flaw where the air cond blower area will condensate water when is too cold and then it will drip the condensates to your auto trans controller unit. If you drive a waja, is best you cover up that tranny controller.

well guys i am going to send the car to proton for service and all and they will check all this problems but i would like to know if u guys could giv me any pointers on wad tis problems could be.

i also am not happy with my wipers , wad is the size of waja wipers

thx in advance guys

good luck

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
thx guys for ur replies.

wch5274 > the noise when driving in the rain is much louder then my previous car a proton wira, this is as loud as driving with my window slightly open, i am very sure there is a hole somewhere. Proton said its most probably the main wiring harness box is open and not closed properly.

jeffayn> ok, so the noise from the wheel while steering could be the front stabilizer bar. il ask proton to check it and il update it.

well bro, so the centre bullet will not cause power lag so i guess i should service my car then.

yea the sound near the wheel is damn loud , like yesterday while driving in the rain , i could practically hear my car tyres splashing through the water on the road. Very weird la, i hope its nothing major

ADDITIONALY: All waja comes with a design flaw where the air cond blower area will condensate water when is too cold and then it will drip the condensates to your auto trans controller unit. If you drive a waja, is best you cover up that tranny controller.
bro , can u tell me more about this, maybe this is what i experienced while driving in teh rain that day , few drops of water driped on my accelerator pedal while i was driving. Where do i go to cover my tranny controller and where is it located bro.

also can u pls tell me what is the best engine oil to use for waja. thx so much bro

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
thx guys for ur replies.

wch5274 > the noise when driving in the rain is much louder then my previous car a proton wira, this is as loud as driving with my window slightly open, i am very sure there is a hole somewhere. Proton said its most probably the main wiring harness box is open and not closed properly.

jeffayn> ok, so the noise from the wheel while steering could be the front stabilizer bar. il ask proton to check it and il update it.

well bro, so the centre bullet will not cause power lag so i guess i should service my car then.

yea the sound near the wheel is damn loud , like yesterday while driving in the rain , i could practically hear my car tyres splashing through the water on the road. Very weird la, i hope its nothing major

bro , can u tell me more about this, maybe this is what i experienced while driving in teh rain that day , few drops of water driped on my accelerator pedal while i was driving. Where do i go to cover my tranny controller and where is it located bro.

also can u pls tell me what is the best engine oil to use for waja. thx so much bro
Tranny controller means the transmission controller unit bro. When the water drips to TCU, electronic parts.. U know lar....

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
isit the gear console ah , where u shift from "P" to "D" and all , well okies , did not noe water can get to that. Well guys anyone knows that isit posible to get the new waja cps meter for my current waja 4g18 , i like the white color meter compared to my dark red 1.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
isit the gear console ah , where u shift from "P" to "D" and all , well okies , did not noe water can get to that. Well guys anyone knows that isit posible to get the new waja cps meter for my current waja 4g18 , i like the white color meter compared to my dark red 1.
THe TCU is not the level lar... It's a computer box with electronic chips inside...
It's hidden within the dashboard...

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
oh , then how do i protect it from water and all, can sumbody explain wad jeffayn tried to tell me

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Well guys i just got a 2nd proton waja year 2005 using the 4G18 and auto transmission , enhanced specs with 2 srs airbags. well the car has some problems which i hope to get some reviews from u guys out there.

1. There is a weird noise when ever i turn left or right (sharp turns). I took the car to Proton and they checked the car and said it could be suspension or anti roll-bar bushings that have worn out, but they need to open and check to confirm.
its due to the coil spring rubbing against the absorber strut. try to spray some lube like wd40 and if the problem still there, remove the coil spring and wrap with some thin rubber like tube etc..it will goes off. mine happened b4 and the svc centre did that.

2. They also spotted that the cross-member bar is touching the gearbox which is most probably due to a hard hit on a bump. Proton said they will try to pull it back out or worst case have to replace that bar. (its right under the car supporting the engine, positioned under the gearbox)
its a metal, can remove it and bend it back to normal....use hammer..no need to replace it, quite costly.

3.I feel a lag of power when i drive outstation , mainly on highways. When Proton was checking my car i noticed a blue color center bullet which is definetly not original proton part. The car also needs a service, could that be the issue.
the centre bullet in fact give u more power, direct the air out to exhaust thus shorten the air distance. try check yr brake, all 4 disc brake, worry the brake might jammed so when at high speed it lagg. another problem is as mentioned from some taikors here, service, change plug, engine oil, auto oil, auto filter and not forgetting to tune it....proton svc ctr know how to do it. air filter need to be change too.

4.Once was driving in the rain , very heavy rain and 3-5 drops of water just dripped on my accelerator pedal, also when ever i drive in the rain i can practically here the water noise splashing with my tyres . Proton said it could be a wiring harness box that is loose or open. Must check to confirm.
look underneath the steering and see there is a few holes that enable wire harness to poss thru it and see if the rubber seal is loosen or missing, get it replace...diy will do
2nd thing which i hope its not la.....car met accident b4 and the dashboard not properly fitted and the chassis bent therefore rubber seal cant fit properly.

well guys i am going to send the car to proton for service and all and they will check all this problems but i would like to know if u guys could giv me any pointers on wad tis problems could be.

go to mutiara damansara proton svc or sect 13 pj near dutch lady svc ctr, they care more capable in troubleshooting it. pm me if u need their contacts.....

i also am not happy with my wipers , wad is the size of waja wipers...get OEM wiper...bout rm58 one set.

thx in advance guys
juz my 2cents....if wrong info don blame me ya....cheerz

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
ok bro , well proton certified its not an accident car, they told me its most probably the wiring harness taht cause the water to leak, well guys about the noise , i notice even when the car stationary and i turn the steering got noise. hmmm so worried la , abt the poton service centre in pj , where isit exactly , i study at Utar behind jaya 33, thx for ur help bro

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
raving

sorry for the late reply. when is raining so its cold, when you on the aircond the condensation become very fast and water will start dripping and it will fall into the controller unit.

The controller unit is not the gear console there but its beneath the radio box ( under dash board) to protect it very easy, just use a plastic bag and bag it la... hahaa:rofl:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
ok bro , well proton certified its not an accident car, they told me its most probably the wiring harness taht cause the water to leak, well guys about the noise , i notice even when the car stationary and i turn the steering got noise. hmmm so worried la , abt the poton service centre in pj , where isit exactly , i study at Utar behind jaya 33, thx for ur help bro
very nearby that place...its actually at jln 13/6...u go to dutch lady and u will see the turning....only 1 proton service centre there...look for mr Tang...tell him lau ask to come....he will assist u and he is good in trobleshooting less noticeable defects...i mean those defects many other technician think its normal...

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
thx a lot bro , well i went today i pass by dutch lady but did not see any proton service centre , i saw a mosque there and i went straightc ame to jaya 33 ready so i went home , well 2moro il go again since now i ahve the jalan 13/6, thx bro i hope tis lu guy can help me sort my car out.

well i planing to service my car at eneos one utama, this are the things i plan to use please give feedback:

1. Q8 semi synthetic 10w-40 engine oil >> Rm99
2. Q8 atf fluid - rm30 per bottle of 1 liter (waja needs 5 liters)
3.Vortex performance drop in air filter, reusable >> Rm80 launching price (Rm150 normal)
4.Spark plugs (good one) >>rm45
5.oil filter bosch rm12 / proton ori rm14
6.fuel filter >> rm40

do u think this set up is ok for my service , my car is already 87k km, anything else need to be changed, i tot of changing power steering fluid and brake fluid also, wd u guys think. any otehr things i missed out

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
guys , did my service at eneos 1 utama yesterday and i must say i give them 2 thumbs up , very good job and decent price, very friendly mechanic and excellent at trouble shooting, i had a wheel alignment problem , i went to tyre shop the guy said my rear tower bar need to change, i went to proton centre they said must check my suspension system will take 2 days and at eneos the guys came up with a solution , my front left side wheel 4 fingers can enter before touching the fender, the right wheel only 3 fingers can enter so he said its a castell.chamber problem and i must go to a mechanic who is good at knocking my wheel back to proper alignment .

Now i just need soem assistance to find a good mechanic who can knock it back , any suggestions

by d way my service at eneos using:

Q8 semi synthetic engine oil 10w-40 > rm99
Q8 atf fluid (4liters) >> rm116
Oil filter >> rm12
spark plugs denso >> rm36
labour for gearbox oil and fixing my grounding+vs >> rm50

all in a paid about rm330...i am satisfied as this also came with a 12 point check

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
bump, cmon guys sumbody pls help me , i want to fix my problem but i need sumbody to rectify and tell me wad exactly is the problem. any sifu here

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Honda's all new City arrives Malaysia with fresh 121ps 1.5L DOHC I-VTEC engines, including the hero car, a world's first, twin electric motor hybrid City e:HEV RS as one of the 4 variants offered.

City RS e:HEV : 108ps / 253nm / twin electric motor / 4cyl DOHC I-VTEC / E-CVT / Honda Sensing / RS bodykit / Price: TBA

City S / E / V Models: 121ps / 145nm / 1.5L 4cyl DOHC I-VTEC / CVT / Prices: V...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience