Engine oil and petrol brand (most controversial topic lol)

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
vr2turbo has answered for me. :biggrin:
Well it was tuned for the big turbo, you had to put in a smaller one, so it chokes cause too rich. Just like its owner, too rich. hahahaha.

So many funny brands this days even at Lazada. RM60 for fully syn. Are there any regulatory body which regulate these ?
No. So buyer must practice caveat emptor. That's why big brands, Mobil 1, Castrol or even Shell are safe choices. It may not be the best money can buy (Shell isn't that great) but it won't be bad.

Those local brands could be using recycled oil, who knows man. If you read car manuals it will need minimum API or ACEA certification. "Meets API/ACEA" standard and API/ACEA certificate is different.

You could be a pilot who meets the flying license standard, but you don't have an actual flying license.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So many funny brands this days even at Lazada. RM60 for fully syn. Are there any regulatory body which regulate these ?
Nope, no regulatory body, but then if have, also no point either. Look at electrical goods, even have Suruhanjaya Tenaga and Sirim, many so call illegal brands without certification are still being sold.....:banghead:

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Just filled up Caltex on Wednesday and it's giving me worst mileage than other brands. Anybody else is experiencing the same? Best so far is petron for my car.

Petron: 3/4 tank = 360-400km
Bhp: 3/4 tank = 340-360km
Shell/Petronas: 3/4 tank = 330-340km
Caltex: 3/4 tank = 330km (max)

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just filled up Caltex on Wednesday and it's giving me worst mileage than other brands. Anybody else is experiencing the same? Best so far is petron for my car.

Petron: 3/4 tank = 360-400km
Bhp: 3/4 tank = 340-360km
Shell/Petronas: 3/4 tank = 330-340km
Caltex: 3/4 tank = 330km (max)
You need to measure more accurately, not just by roughly filling up/or using up 3/4 tank. Fill up first to the brim and reset your trip meter before measuring. Then just drive until almost empty then fill up again to the brim and see how many liters you use then divide by the trip meter. That's real average measurement, not just by estimating.

Btw I also only fill up Petron but not because of FC or power or whatever coz honestly I cannot feel or see any differences. I fill up Petron just because it gives rm45 free fuel for 3000 loyalty points. Other fuel do not give reward like that.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
You need to average out over at least 6 or 7 full tank refills get an indication.. and always use the same station and same pump to get the same “full” click.

From my experience, Shell has always performed the worst. I’ve always used BHP if given a choice due to the claims of their additives and low sulphur. Last year onwards I’ve been using Petronas due to rebates.

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
You need to measure more accurately, not just by roughly filling up/or using up 3/4 tank. Fill up first to the brim and reset your trip meter before measuring. Then just drive until almost empty then fill up again to the brim and see how many liters you use then divide by the trip meter. That's real average measurement, not just by estimating.

Btw I also only fill up Petron but not because of FC or power or whatever coz honestly I cannot feel or see any differences. I fill up Petron just because it gives rm45 free fuel for 3000 loyalty points. Other fuel do not give reward like that.
You need to average out over at least 6 or 7 full tank refills get an indication.. and always use the same station and same pump to get the same “full” click.

From my experience, Shell has always performed the worst. I’ve always used BHP if given a choice due to the claims of their additives and low sulphur. Last year onwards I’ve been using Petronas due to rebates.
Yes I did the averaging out, reset the trip and filling up till the first click to give it a fair one. But I gave range because I drive differently everyday, some days full spirited while the others calm/relax driving.

Lowest range is the most terrible I can get and as you can tell, spirited driving. The highest is the best I can get when I'm driving calmly.

Average after 10 pumps:
Petron: 378.324km
Bhp: 358.332km
Shell: 340.008km
Petronas: 341.773km
Caltex: 328.781km (4 pumps so far as of today)

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For me did not check mileage, but pump according to my VR feel. Petron gives best power. BHP also not bad, but Shell cannot.....lol

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
For me did not check mileage, but pump according to my VR feel. Petron gives best power. BHP also not bad, but Shell cannot.....lol
2nd this..my perdana feel also better than shell..if 97 keep increasing, there's ron100 to be content with..:driver:

++ better point rewards for petron..cleared up my bonuslink point already..haha:rofl:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
2nd this..my perdana feel also better than shell..if 97 keep increasing, there's ron100 to be content with..:driver:

++ better point rewards for petron..cleared up my bonuslink point already..haha:rofl:
Petron points better, no expiry and can exchange for petrol.....lol:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ppl out there..i need absolute help here...recently i just bought a nice set of rims, tat is ssr 15x7...n it is very2 light!...but the pcd is all 114.3....all 8 hole's!!!.My front tyres are already in 114.3 trim...as im using evo 1 brakes....n im out of idea's 2 change my rear end of satria to 114.3...how ah? how?..dun wan 2 sell da rims...as da rimss very cunn ohhh!! please help me on this...is there anyway?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience