Viking Tyres launched in Malaysia

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Usually when cannot finish the tyres thread pattern and need to change the tyres because tyre rubber compound hardens, I will recommend to take the cheaper less lasting tyre. Getting fresh tyres are much safer than for some, who are trying to finish the old set and prolong the tyre change.....:smokin:
Hmm not quite agree, I would recommend getting the higher performance tire which will finish faster, so you will finish it before it gets hardened and you get the handling and safety benefits of the better grip. This is one of the reason why I'm not interested anymore in low level econo tires as to me their durability is too long and pointless.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hmm not quite agree, I would recommend getting the higher performance tire which will finish faster, so you will finish it before it gets hardened and you get the handling and safety benefits of the better grip. This is one of the reason why I'm not interested anymore in low level econo tires as to me their durability is too long and pointless.
It was between an expensive long lasting tyre against a cheaper less lasting tyre, nothing to do with performance.....lol

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Many Malaysian rather pay for a 2nd hand performance tyres than new budget tyres. I wonder why

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Many Malaysian rather pay for a 2nd hand performance tyres than new budget tyres. I wonder why
Honestly if I really ahve to choose between a used but still in good condition UHP tires vs a new but econo level tires, I'd go with the used UHP tires, coz even in used condition it will still give me a better performance.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Tyres are linked with safety on the road. I rather get new budget tyres provided that the quality is good and reliable not some random China brand or something.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Honestly if I really ahve to choose between a used but still in good condition UHP tires vs a new but econo level tires, I'd go with the used UHP tires, coz even in used condition it will still give me a better performance.
But usually hard to find, as most trade in tyres usually are the OEM ones from new cars......lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
But usually hard to find, as most trade in tyres usually are the OEM ones from new cars......lol
Hmm not easy but still very much possible, just need to be more patient. Yes if the size you need is an OEM size of some other cars then it's easier to find coz you see so many people very quickly change rims after buying cars. I had bought 2nd hand tires once before in really excellent condition (the first version of Potenza) and I used it until they're totally worn, I did not regret it ever coz it was a good tire at a very cheap price, no doubt better than buying new but just econo level tires. Actually come to think of it, I've used 2nd hand tires several times coz I bought used cars several times too!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I bought second hand cars too, but first thing after sending for service is to change the rims and tyres.....hhahahhah

Henley

Banned
Aug 14, 2017
Woww, so "cute"..
how is your Viking's performance?? many say this eco tyre is less lasting compared to other "high class"
tyre..
i dunno i want to buy this or not, hard to decide.
of course "high class" tyre is better..but if budget is not allowed eco tyre is our choice.
my sis uses Viking, i never heard that she complain about it.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wow! Viking sales must be pretty bad to end up pushing so hard in the forum......lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
China tyres are gaining more popularity in Malaysia.
Nowadays even RM 5 different for 1pc of tyres is considered significant enough for a customer to opt for the cheaper brand.

Last time,those unknown brand only shod the rims of old cars like proton saga,wira.Then they progress to Vios, Waja. Now they are shodding the rims of Camry and even BMW.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Naza Kia Malaysia, the official distributor of Kia Motor vehicles in Malaysia, launched the new 2011 Sorento at the 2010 Kuala Lumpur International Motor Show (KLIMS).

Featuring Kia’s latest design DNA, the all-new award-winning Sorento is set to elevate the brand to a new level in Malaysia...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience