1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Re: (Hypothetical) Wanna buy an Evo

PeterJ : I know you would reply here so I didn't whatsapp you. Hehehe.. anyway this is hypothetical. I'm not entirely sure I want to get a E7.

6UEST : thanks but not itchy. If itchy means I have the money but deciding whether to buy or not. Right now no money to buy but may come across some deal that may allow a second car.
perhaps i should shut up in order to get your number:biggrin::nurse:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Hahaha, but many Evo owners use cheaper rims also. If original Rota PH, actually not that bad and not that cheap too here. At least you can see the rims still perfectly aligned with the fenders so he selected a proper size in terms of widths & offsets.
For me, I think if one is able to afford some of these JDM true performance cars, the owner should not skimp on mod parts and use imitation/replica parts instead. It ruins the overall feel of the car. You have original parts from Japan (despite being stock parts) and you removed them to replace it with some Taiwan/Thailand replica parts? :banghead:

and im here still eye-ing for evo3/lancer body...hahah..

parked here..nice tips sifu peterj
Original CE9A Evo 3 or Evo 2 can cost as much as Evo 7 on the market now. If you want to count by money per value ratio, Evo 7 is still a better buy. However, I will still respect anyone that pays 60k for Evo 3. Great car indeed.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

PeterJ : I know you would reply here so I didn't whatsapp you. Hehehe.. anyway this is hypothetical. I'm not entirely sure I want to get a E7.

6UEST : thanks but not itchy. If itchy means I have the money but deciding whether to buy or not. Right now no money to buy but may come across some deal that may allow a second car.
Why would you NOT want to get a E7?

I know why I would NOT want to get an E7, I'm not bothered to drive a weekend car, I want a weapon that I drive daily, which means it has to be automatic.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

I know why I would NOT want to get an E7, I'm not bothered to drive a weekend car, I want a weapon that I drive daily, which means it has to be automatic.
Izso mentioned that he might get as a 2nd car, so probably not as the main daily car.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Izso mentioned that he might get as a 2nd car, so probably not as the main daily car.
I know. Exactly why he should get it. I'm trying to help him validate the fact that he needs the e7

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

perhaps i should shut up in order to get your number:biggrin::nurse:
EHHH?? YOU HAVE MY NUMBER LA WOIIII.. I PMed you last time about the firestorm mahhhh. Wait I go spam your whatsapp now.

I will be driving this daily. Weekend would be the boring automatic family saloon. :biggrin:
The roads I travel daily to work are fuss free and highways anyway. So ok la.

E8? Why E8 over the E7?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

I will be driving this daily. Weekend would be the boring automatic family saloon. :biggrin:
The roads I travel daily to work are fuss free and highways anyway. So ok la.

E8? Why E8 over the E7?
You're the man, a daily driven Evo! If I were to have one, I will also drive it daily! :driver:

Why E8:
- E8 has 6 speed so should give better gearing and marginally better FC at highway cruising speed. I think you won't need the strength of the 5 speeders coz you won't bee modding it too much anyway for a daily driver right?

- Improvement in engine internals and better torque.

- Improvement in AYC to S-AYC (Super AYC) to give better handling.

- For the front body parts (bumper/headlights/fenders/hoods), it's easier to find than the E7 because 8 & 9 are interchangeable while 7 is different by itself. (unless you go for those already converted from 7 to 8/9). So for example if you buy E7 with still original face design then got accident and cracked your bumper or one of your headlights, or bend you hood, then more difficult to find the parts. However if you have E8, you can replace those with E8 or E9 parts. The front face design also was supposed to give better cooling efficiency.

For more details, you can read it here:
http://www.lancerregister.com/downloads/MLR Evo Buyers Guide v1_00.pdf

Then for the example above, it's a newer car by 3 yrs (2004 vs 2001) so theoretically should be in better condition (of course subject to detail inspection) while the price is one of the lowest I've seen for an E8 (I've only seen once last year offering of a white E8 for 75k which was gone in less than a month).

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia

It seems from the questions, Izso try to list why he shouldn't buy Evo :smokin:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya

You're the man, a daily driven Evo! If I were to have one, I will also drive it daily! :driver:

Why E8:
- E8 has 6 speed so should give better gearing and marginally better FC at highway cruising speed. I think you won't need the strength of the 5 speeders coz you won't bee modding it too much anyway for a daily driver right?

- For the front body parts (bumper/headlights/fenders/hoods), it's easier to find than the E7 because 8 & 9 are interchangeable while 7 is different by itself. (unless you go for those already converted from 7 to 8/9). So for example if you buy E7 with still original face design then got accident and cracked your bumper or one of your headlights, or bend you hood, then more difficult to find the parts. However if you have E8, you can replace those with E8 or E9 parts. The front face design also was supposed to give better cooling efficiency.

Then for the example above, it's a newer car by 3 yrs (2004 vs 2001) so theoretically should be in better condition (of course subject to detail inspection) while the price is one of the lowest I've seen for an E8 (I've only seen once last year offering of a white E8 for 75k which was gone in less than a month).
Evo 8 hands down. :adore:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008

Nice thread,

If anyone of you could remember, last 2 years i did similar thread like this, WTA buying an EVO 8. If you have the guts, sweat, blood and reverse money to spend on a car like this, please go ahead and make your desire come true. You don't have many years to satisfy your desire. If you procrastinate, you will realize its too late before you realize it. For me, i currently building my future home and working towards restoring my E46ci with better engines (2.5 litre?), gearbox and suspension to continue its service. As for my Lancer GT, might swap in a 2.4 litre with CVT shitbox to continue its job as my daily beater.

I will spend another 2 years to make myself more financial stable and finally get myself an EVO, i don't really mind which version is it, but 8 is my best choice :).

Thanks,
Ken

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

It seems from the questions, Izso try to list why he shouldn't buy Evo :smokin:
no bro.. I'm mid-life already. So I wanna buy what I need to satisfy my younger self whilst being reasonable with my older self. I've given up on the S660 already as my older self has hammered me for being stupid for considering a super impractical car.

I guess the only other car that I'm realistically considering is the BRZ or cars of similar nature. 2-doors with space to consider like the MX5 ND model. Otherwise it's an Evo. Not really much of a scooby fan

Nice thread,

If anyone of you could remember, last 2 years i did similar thread like this, WTA buying an EVO 8. If you have the guts, sweat, blood and reverse money to spend on a car like this, please go ahead and make your desire come true. You don't have many years to satisfy your desire. If you procrastinate, you will realize its too late before you realize it. For me, i currently building my future home and working towards restoring my E46ci with better engines (2.5 litre?), gearbox and suspension to continue its service. As for my Lancer GT, might swap in a 2.4 litre with CVT shitbox to continue its job as my daily beater.

I will spend another 2 years to make myself more financial stable and finally get myself an EVO, i don't really mind which version is it, but 8 is my best choice :).

Thanks,
Ken
Oh damn. Bro... you really hit the nail! I need to get that dream car then. Haha! but you have an awesome car already - that E46ci is a pretty car!

Why E8:

Chun.. E8 then. But for me to keep it stock is not really practical. I won't mod too much on power but I won't keep it stock. No way. HAah

Last edited:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching

Correction E789 all s-ayc, e10 s-awc:driver: if u mean they improved the s-ayc setting of e7 to e8, that is possible

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Congratulations all listed drivers!, The Hall of Fame has finally been released. The scoreboard represents Time to Attack: Sepang Round 1. Feast your eyes on what could be the only Time Attack scoreboard for the Sepang Circuit.

Do take note that this Hall Of Fame is not perfect. It will be set in a proper artwork once we finalize the statistics. Until then, the Hall of Fame continues to be revised...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience