Saga / Iswara Rear Brake Disc Solution

vestax

1,500 RPM

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
Well guy's today i got a complete putra rear brake set for spare , so i had open up each an every single bolt on the arm and bracket , to my surprise , the bracket is the same as my bracket that im using for my iswara . so which mean's you guy's can use the putra , wira , sgti rear brake system without modding any custom bracket . The bracket seriously looks the same , just that it has an extra 2 bolt bracket for the ABS sensor thats all , others look the same .

The only problem is the kunckle , as for my iswara im using the putra knuckle & disk so its PCD 100 , for those who are using 8 hole rims confrim plug & play and u`ll be runing like me PCD 114.3 at the front & PCD 100 at the rear .

For those who wants to confrim if the wira 1.6 , putra or sgti rear brakes fits in the saga / iswara , you can give it a try by taking out one side of the rear drum's and get the bracket & caliper from me and test it out . And then only find one another solution to settle the PCD . :lol: If anyone is willing to make their car to test the product , let me know i`ll borrow you my rear spare brake set .

My brake set which has been installed on my car

Now compare this putra brake set with mine
Looks the same right , so if the brakes can be installed on my car then why not yours , the bracket looks the same so i guess there won't be any problem .

Update : Saga Turbo Solution for the Knuckle / Hub

If you were to see Saga Turbo rear hub , his using back his drum brake but aready machine to be a hub . How does that work , very easy , you need to go to the machineshop and ask them to cut off the drums to be a hub , once you have done that , you can use back your iswara bearings which is cheaper and no need to buy new hub cause you can just replace the bearing like that . And obviously you need to drill the disc rotor to PCD 114.3

I had a peek look at saga turbo's rear brake , the bracket looks the same as mine , so now im wondering , i might be able to use the mirage calipers & the vr4 calipers too . :lol:

Here are some pictures to compare

Above shows that the iswara drum's , iswara bearing & the putra knuckle with bearings , the iswara bearings hole is the same as the putra , so its plug & play , as for the perdana / e33a from what i see its alittle bit bigger .

The arrow indicates the surface which you have to cut by bringing it to the machine shop , cut all that till it looks like a hub , i hope you guy's get what i mean .

Iswara rear drum bearings , same hole as the putra and not to mention its very cheap :lol: .

For those who wants to link the info or pictures to other forum's , please do but please do not forget to write where you got this source from . So that they can come in here & share their opinion on it too .

alexz

500 RPM

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
so if wanna keep the 114.3 PCD at the rear that means getting the lancer GSR / EVO 1,2,3 discbrakes right??

vestax

1,500 RPM

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
Originally posted by alexz@Dec 10 2004, 00:15
so if wanna keep the 114.3 PCD at the rear that means getting the lancer GSR / EVO 1,2,3 discbrakes right??
yes the handbrake cable , calipers and the bracket is plug & play , but the problem is , evo or gsr run's on 4wd system , so at the rear there is a driveshaft punching thru the knuckle , the difference is the putra / sgti rear brakes is using a dead shaft which needs a bearing to make the knckle turn . as for the 4wd , the shaft is turning the rear knuckle , so it might not fit in . unless some one is willing to donate a evo rear brakes and let me do some research . :lol:

darahhitam

2,000 RPM

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
Vesty: How about Perdana S4/V6's rear? Since it's running on same PCD of 114.3.. Will it fit with less mod than Wira/Satria/Putra 1.6/1.8 rear?

vestax

1,500 RPM

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
Actually the wira , putra brakes no need to modify , just that the problem is with the PCD 100 , like saga turbo go a nother solution , is to use back your rear drum's as the knuckle , but have to send machine shop to cut the drums to make it into a hub / knuckle . But i donno about the cost of it .

As for the perdana / e33a rear knuckle , i`ve seen it before , the bearing hole is abit bigger , i donno if it fits in , cause i dare not take the risk of buying it , cause a new set of knuckle / hub with bearings japan made is RM 177 a piece . So its not cheap .

As for the wira knuckle the cheapest you can get is RM 70 brand new with bearings , but its made in china . For those who has samples of the e33a / perdana or waja rear hub , we can compare it .

Rekalo

Known Member

Rekalo

Known Member
Jul 7, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by cyborgsabah+Dec 17 2004, 10:59 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cyborgsabah @ Dec 17 2004, 10:59 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rekalo@Dec 17 2004, 09:18
Guys here some stuff when i did my disk skimming and caliper spraying. :)

http://rekalo.fotopages.com/?entry=235502&...ges.com/?page=0
rear vr4 calipers izit? on what car? satria/wira or saga? [/b][/quote]

Nop...Front/rear Mirage colt 89....Mine Iswara 1.3 Stock.

Rekalo

Known Member

Rekalo

Known Member
Jul 7, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by vestax@Dec 17 2004, 14:42
bro never take picture of the bracket izzit ? now what u can do is go under the car and snap the bracket picture la . :lol: .

underbody ??? :o crazy ha u :unsure: ...but anyway u ppl wana see maybe when do body pain might buka balik caliper for spray...then il snap la.

Taiko vestax,

do u know wats d paint name called for caliper n rocker cover spray ? :unsure:

vestax

1,500 RPM

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
just buy those high temp spray , its about RM 25 bucks per can and it can sustain up to 800 degrees . as for me im using the normal 5 ringgit spray on my valve cover .

Rekalo

Known Member

Rekalo

Known Member
Jul 7, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by vestax@Dec 17 2004, 15:53
just buy those high temp spray , its about RM 25 bucks per can and it can sustain up to 800 degrees . as for me im using the normal 5 ringgit spray on my valve cover .

actually sprayed redy but tak puas :)

darahhitam

2,000 RPM

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
Vesty, somebody I know actually paint the calipers manually - using brush!

Anyway, here's mine - not skimmed, calipers not sprayed, nothing. Looks junk-ish so that people won't notice it's there! :lol:

Forgotten to brought the camera on the day of installation - coz 'twas last minute decision thingy to grab it. ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm using proton wira 1.5 i (auto). I.m having a problem with the RPM of my car its very especially when I stopped a car and still in gear mode.The fuel pedal sometimes it makes a movement when I released it (can feel it slightly movement). Some of my friends said it due to the throttle body need to be services. Is it because of that ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience