Saga / Iswara Rear Brake Disc Solution

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
Well guy's today i got a complete putra rear brake set for spare , so i had open up each an every single bolt on the arm and bracket , to my surprise , the bracket is the same as my bracket that im using for my iswara . so which mean's you guy's can use the putra , wira , sgti rear brake system without modding any custom bracket . The bracket seriously looks the same , just that it has an extra 2 bolt bracket for the ABS sensor thats all , others look the same .

The only problem is the kunckle , as for my iswara im using the putra knuckle & disk so its PCD 100 , for those who are using 8 hole rims confrim plug & play and u`ll be runing like me PCD 114.3 at the front & PCD 100 at the rear .

For those who wants to confrim if the wira 1.6 , putra or sgti rear brakes fits in the saga / iswara , you can give it a try by taking out one side of the rear drum's and get the bracket & caliper from me and test it out . And then only find one another solution to settle the PCD . :lol: If anyone is willing to make their car to test the product , let me know i`ll borrow you my rear spare brake set .

My brake set which has been installed on my car

Now compare this putra brake set with mine
Looks the same right , so if the brakes can be installed on my car then why not yours , the bracket looks the same so i guess there won't be any problem .

Update : Saga Turbo Solution for the Knuckle / Hub

If you were to see Saga Turbo rear hub , his using back his drum brake but aready machine to be a hub . How does that work , very easy , you need to go to the machineshop and ask them to cut off the drums to be a hub , once you have done that , you can use back your iswara bearings which is cheaper and no need to buy new hub cause you can just replace the bearing like that . And obviously you need to drill the disc rotor to PCD 114.3

I had a peek look at saga turbo's rear brake , the bracket looks the same as mine , so now im wondering , i might be able to use the mirage calipers & the vr4 calipers too . :lol:

Here are some pictures to compare

Above shows that the iswara drum's , iswara bearing & the putra knuckle with bearings , the iswara bearings hole is the same as the putra , so its plug & play , as for the perdana / e33a from what i see its alittle bit bigger .

The arrow indicates the surface which you have to cut by bringing it to the machine shop , cut all that till it looks like a hub , i hope you guy's get what i mean .

Iswara rear drum bearings , same hole as the putra and not to mention its very cheap :lol: .

For those who wants to link the info or pictures to other forum's , please do but please do not forget to write where you got this source from . So that they can come in here & share their opinion on it too .

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
so if wanna keep the 114.3 PCD at the rear that means getting the lancer GSR / EVO 1,2,3 discbrakes right??

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
Originally posted by alexz@Dec 10 2004, 00:15
so if wanna keep the 114.3 PCD at the rear that means getting the lancer GSR / EVO 1,2,3 discbrakes right??
yes the handbrake cable , calipers and the bracket is plug & play , but the problem is , evo or gsr run's on 4wd system , so at the rear there is a driveshaft punching thru the knuckle , the difference is the putra / sgti rear brakes is using a dead shaft which needs a bearing to make the knckle turn . as for the 4wd , the shaft is turning the rear knuckle , so it might not fit in . unless some one is willing to donate a evo rear brakes and let me do some research . :lol:

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
Vesty: How about Perdana S4/V6's rear? Since it's running on same PCD of 114.3.. Will it fit with less mod than Wira/Satria/Putra 1.6/1.8 rear?

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
Actually the wira , putra brakes no need to modify , just that the problem is with the PCD 100 , like saga turbo go a nother solution , is to use back your rear drum's as the knuckle , but have to send machine shop to cut the drums to make it into a hub / knuckle . But i donno about the cost of it .

As for the perdana / e33a rear knuckle , i`ve seen it before , the bearing hole is abit bigger , i donno if it fits in , cause i dare not take the risk of buying it , cause a new set of knuckle / hub with bearings japan made is RM 177 a piece . So its not cheap .

As for the wira knuckle the cheapest you can get is RM 70 brand new with bearings , but its made in china . For those who has samples of the e33a / perdana or waja rear hub , we can compare it .

Rekalo

Known Member
Jul 7, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by cyborgsabah+Dec 17 2004, 10:59 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cyborgsabah @ Dec 17 2004, 10:59 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rekalo@Dec 17 2004, 09:18
Guys here some stuff when i did my disk skimming and caliper spraying. :)

http://rekalo.fotopages.com/?entry=235502&...ges.com/?page=0
rear vr4 calipers izit? on what car? satria/wira or saga? [/b][/quote]

Nop...Front/rear Mirage colt 89....Mine Iswara 1.3 Stock.

Rekalo

Known Member
Jul 7, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by vestax@Dec 17 2004, 14:42
bro never take picture of the bracket izzit ? now what u can do is go under the car and snap the bracket picture la . :lol: .

underbody ??? :o crazy ha u :unsure: ...but anyway u ppl wana see maybe when do body pain might buka balik caliper for spray...then il snap la.

Taiko vestax,

do u know wats d paint name called for caliper n rocker cover spray ? :unsure:

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
just buy those high temp spray , its about RM 25 bucks per can and it can sustain up to 800 degrees . as for me im using the normal 5 ringgit spray on my valve cover .

Rekalo

Known Member
Jul 7, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by vestax@Dec 17 2004, 15:53
just buy those high temp spray , its about RM 25 bucks per can and it can sustain up to 800 degrees . as for me im using the normal 5 ringgit spray on my valve cover .

actually sprayed redy but tak puas :)

darahhitam

2,000 RPM
Oct 4, 2004
KL
www.cardomain.com
Vesty, somebody I know actually paint the calipers manually - using brush!

Anyway, here's mine - not skimmed, calipers not sprayed, nothing. Looks junk-ish so that people won't notice it's there! :lol:

Forgotten to brought the camera on the day of installation - coz 'twas last minute decision thingy to grab it. ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is a feature of MadMike's MadBul, the awesome FD3S equipped with 26B normally aspirated rotary engine pushing upwards of 600 horses. This is arguably the epitome of rotary and FD3S goodness, the sound of it is ungodly awesome and in my honest opinion puts any engine to shame.

MadMike with MadBul...​
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience