Car shop's in Georgetown Penang

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
2 nights, I will arrive by air on the 5th April about 6:30pm and I have a hotel booked, 'Heliconia Hotel' which is near the Komtar centre.

In the morning of April 6th I go to the Thai consulate, drop off my passport and some documents to renew my visa for Thailand, then on the 7th I will go to pick up my passport about 2pm then I have a flight back to BKK on the 7th about 7pm.

Will be free on the afternoon and evening of the 6th to look around.

cheers
Means you are Malaysian working in Thailand?

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
Means you are Malaysian working in Thailand?
I am actually a Brit, from London, UK but living in Thailand right now

The most similar forum to this one from my home country is this:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/

the scene is different in the UK, because of less tax sports car's that are out of reach for regular people in SE Asia are affordable, but the high cost of labor in a garage makes it hard to afford mod's unless you can do them yourself, so I would not modify my car's much back in my home country, just drive a nice almost stock car. My last car in the UK was an Audi TT. I have attached a pic, miss it!

Here things are different, I cannot afford a sports car but is cheaper to mod a regular car and turn it into something fun to drive and own which I am trying to do with my Lancer.

I like Zerotohundred because it is much more relevant to the Local scene in Thailand, and lots of Mitsu knowledge here, which I am thankful for, but unlike Thai forums its in English!

All your advice is appreciated!

cheers

Attachments

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
To own audi tt here is much of pain.
To get cheaper car for mods, still it depend on pockets.
Imported car to malaysia, tax much or less 300% of original price.

jay_lancer

Known Member
Aug 21, 2015
Thailand
To own audi tt here is much of pain.
To get cheaper car for mods, still it depend on pockets.
Imported car to malaysia, tax much or less 300% of original price.
Yes, is the same in Thailand, I always had European car's in the UK and did not mod much, just some upgrades like Eibach springs and shock's, stage 1 ecu remap, upgraded brake rotors and pads etc.

I also had a first generation Audi S3 and a BMW e36 coupe, all expensive to buy and hard to find here :(

Here in Asia better with a local car and I am just still learning about the local and JDM scene.

cheers

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I am actually a Brit, from London, UK but living in Thailand right now

The most similar forum to this one from my home country is this:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/

the scene is different in the UK, because of less tax sports car's that are out of reach for regular people in SE Asia are affordable, but the high cost of labor in a garage makes it hard to afford mod's unless you can do them yourself, so I would not modify my car's much back in my home country, just drive a nice almost stock car. My last car in the UK was an Audi TT. I have attached a pic, miss it!

Here things are different, I cannot afford a sports car but is cheaper to mod a regular car and turn it into something fun to drive and own which I am trying to do with my Lancer.

I like Zerotohundred because it is much more relevant to the Local scene in Thailand, and lots of Mitsu knowledge here, which I am thankful for, but unlike Thai forums its in English!

All your advice is appreciated!

cheers
Oh! at least that is cleared up. Initially thought you were Thai visiting Malaysia, then you mentioned getting Visa but from Malaysia Thai consulate.........lol:biggrin:
Welcome to Malaysia and also to ZTH forum.....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

This morning while I'm waiting for the engine to heat up, i saw white smoke coming out from my exhaust, the white smoke is not that bad as those motorbike smoke. What could this be ar? muffler going off soon? or? :unsure:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience