Need Recommendations for Car Battery

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
As per subject title, I need to replace my car battery so would greatly appreciate any recommendations from ZTH friends here for brands and maybe also where to buy around Klang Valley. So far I've used Century Marathoner, Yokohama (the old black one before Gold), and Delkor. All MF type but not entirely happy with any of those, especially the Marathoner, coz they all will go flat within just a few days left idle in my Mark X.

Btw I'm no rich person, so my budget is just around rm200 for NS60L size, maybe at a stretch, max no more than rm250 only if it's really damn good!

Thx in advance guys!

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
i use 3K brand 70A, rm230ish 1 yr ago. Thai made but MF (tauke mention can tear the sticker n refill). So far ok.
Since i relocate battery to rear, Warm start no more bad idle Or just my feeling lol...:biggrin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
kiI have been using Yuasa either local made or japan made.
Yes, if u are lucky or you search hard enough you will find made in Japan Yuasa.
if i recall correctly the made in Japan one has ECO R or ECO CR on its face. This one is the best i have used.It survive 2 years with less than 10k km driving.
None of them will go flat or weaken even after 2 week of no start up.

Abt a year ago i had to buy other brand which is century as its emergency, it wont have enough juice to start the engine even after a week.

If your engine bay space permits then u can go for N70 type battery which have extra capacity which i doubt it can fit.

Or,buy the cheap china made battery charger.i got mine for abt rm80 from a seller at mudah.so far its serving me well.

the pic show my battery charger and the not so reliable Century battery.The green battery is Lucas brand.not bad,2 years plus on city driving.

Attachments

Last edited:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
using hitachi mfx.... cant remember how much, but it is decent with 2 years warranty

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I heard from people that Panasonic brand is a good one.
Yeah, I've checked the specs also and seems better than average but not as widely available and rather expensive (certainly over rm200).

i use 3K brand 70A, rm230ish 1 yr ago. Thai made but MF (tauke mention can tear the sticker n refill). So far ok.
Since i relocate battery to rear, Warm start no more bad idle Or just my feeling lol...:biggrin:
Hmm never heard of this one before.

kiI have been using Yuasa either local made or japan made.
Yes, if u are lucky or you search hard enough you will find made in Japan Yuasa.
if i recall correctly the made in Japan one has ECO R or ECO CR on its face. This one is the best i have used.It survive 2 years with less than 10k km driving.
None of them will go flat or weaken even after 2 week of no start up.

Abt a year ago i had to buy other brand which is century as its emergency, it wont have enough juice to start the engine even after a week.

If your engine bay space permits then u can go for N70 type battery which have extra capacity which i doubt it can fit.

Or,buy the cheap china made battery charger.i got mine for abt rm80 from a seller at mudah.so far its serving me well.

the pic show my battery charger and the not so reliable Century battery.The green battery is Lucas brand.not bad,2 years plus on city driving.
I've used Yuasa long time back for my old cars in Jakarta. That's the same group with GS brand also right? I will try look for those.

Yeah that's the same Century Marathoner I used before, not good. I actually want to use NS70 but my terminal is smaller type hence need to convert to bigger ones, a bit inconvenient. Plus with the NS60L, it's interchangeable with my wife's Livina so easy to switch if needed. So I actually want to get one with the highest possible power out of the NS60L within my budget.

It's that also a jumper kit so can jump start if the battery goes flat? Very cheap if just rm80.
Lucas battery, ok I'll try check those out too, thx.

Edit:
This Yuasa Japan is it?
http://www.mudah.my/Maintenance+Free+Yuasa+Car+Battery+-57378823.htm

using hitachi mfx.... cant remember how much, but it is decent with 2 years warranty
Yeah but that one is expensive, so far they're selling at least rm300 leh!

Last edited:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Yeah but that one is expensive, so far they're selling at least rm300 leh!
wait it was so exp?? hmmm...... mines 65D26 (NS70) i think, dont think i paid more than 250 for it before* trade in, unless i paid 350 and not 250.... maybe i should check the receipts when i get home....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
wait it was so exp?? hmmm...... mines 65D26 (NS70) i think, dont think i paid more than 250 for it before* trade in, unless i paid 350 and not 250.... maybe i should check the receipts when i get home....
NS70 is even more expensive, probably rm350 or something like that. I'm offered for NS60L already rm300, some other ads in mudah selling rm350 for the same.

I like panasonic MF as it has a condition indicator, which doubles as a fill hole .
All MF battery has that indicator.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
As per subject title, I need to replace my car battery so would greatly appreciate any recommendations from ZTH friends here for brands and maybe also where to buy around Klang Valley. So far I've used Century Marathoner, Yokohama (the old black one before Gold), and Delkor. All MF type but not entirely happy with any of those, especially the Marathoner, coz they all will go flat within just a few days left idle in my Mark X.

Btw I'm no rich person, so my budget is just around rm200 for NS60L size, maybe at a stretch, max no more than rm250 only if it's really damn good!

Thx in advance guys!
I recommend these guys : http://www.bateriku.com/

My wifes Myvi broke down at GlenMarie. She called these guys (after I told her to) and they delivered and installed an Ameron (entry level one) for RM165. Which is dirt cheap for a NS40. New battery and 1 year standard warranty. Give them a call and see.

Ameron and Panasonic are pretty good imho.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
NS70 is even more expensive, probably rm350 or something like that. I'm offered for NS60L already rm300, some other ads in mudah selling rm350 for the same.

All MF battery has that indicator.
hmmm... i better check my receipts... I either got it for dirt cheap or basically cannot remember how much i actually paid for it. I got mine from an acquaintance, cant remember where the place was but they sold alot of kochi batteries (which my dad has used before and aren't bad either)

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I recommend these guys : http://www.bateriku.com/

My wifes Myvi broke down at GlenMarie. She called these guys (after I told her to) and they delivered and installed an Ameron (entry level one) for RM165. Which is dirt cheap for a NS40. New battery and 1 year standard warranty. Give them a call and see.

Ameron and Panasonic are pretty good imho.
Yeah I also heard many recommendations about Amaron from India. But the price is a bit on the high side while the spec at least on paper is just normal (but it's claimed to use silver platting). I was offered around rm200+ for NS60L with 15 mths warranty.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

Thx in advance guys!
call/google for bateriku.com

they provide free door to door service (or where your car was stranded)...

they take older battery trade in for rm20 also which is quite high (most just take rm10)

and they gave u amaron battery....

which is from many review quite reliable and got really high CCA...

changed mine last few week....

55D23L battery when testing fresh out of box having 804CCA!!! and after few minute idling it increased to 816CCA..

so far never saw any other 55D23L battery available locally that have high CCA rating as this amaron battery

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
call/google for bateriku.com

they provide free door to door service (or where your car was stranded)...

they take older battery trade in for rm20 also which is quite high (most just take rm10)

and they gave u amaron battery....

which is from many review quite reliable and got really high CCA...

changed mine last few week....

55D23L battery when testing fresh out of box having 804CCA!!! and after few minute idling it increased to 816CCA..

so far never saw any other 55D23L battery available locally that have high CCA rating as this amaron battery
Huh over 800cca?? That's like more than double normal rating for my NS60L size, but yours is also bigger size battery. How much did you pay for that?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Have you got a heat shield for the battery? Most of the batteries I have been using last around 18 months to 2 years only. Then I add a heat shield for my Chery SUV, and that battery lasted 3 and a half years and that was a normal marathoner only.
Same time did heat shield for my Hyundai. My Hyundai uses the clamp at the bottom and the only battery that have the edge for the clamp was the Century hybrid non MF type. Even that lasted 3 years.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need help here on throttle body conversion, which i dont know if theres any existed post. so, if theres any post related to this please send me the link.

so, heres my case,

I'm using a 2000 proton satria 1.3 manual
-stock throttle body(reconditioned), unserviceable ISC(idle step controller)
-3rd throttle body in 2 years, and i'm sick of it.

i was thinking of looking for a bigger size throttle body, from the halfcut available.

question:
-does any of these throttle body fits...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience