1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Re: (Hypothetical) Wanna buy an Evo

Chun.. E8 then. But for me to keep it stock is not really practical. I won't mod too much on power but I won't keep it stock. No way. HAah
Of course, rarely Evo owners keep their Evos stock, too much temptation from the after market stuff to make it even better I suppose! :driver:

Correction E789 all s-ayc, e10 s-awc:driver: if u mean they improved the s-ayc setting of e7 to e8, that is possible
Ic, yeah what ever the name, there's always slight improvement of the AYC behavior from 1 model to the next that goes along with the fine tuning of the chassis & suspension as a whole.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

at that price and the chances of being stopped at every roadblock in Msia and getting grilled for suspicion of illegal body mods.... no thanks.
Yup agree! Just stick with E8.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

EHHH?? YOU HAVE MY NUMBER LA WOIIII.. I PMed you last time about the firestorm mahhhh. Wait I go spam your whatsapp now.

I will be driving this daily. Weekend would be the boring automatic family saloon. :biggrin:
The roads I travel daily to work are fuss free and highways anyway. So ok la.

E8? Why E8 over the E7?

I don't see any reason not to buy your E7, unless you can afford an E8. What colour will it be?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

I wouldn't buy an evo now, when I was younger yes. I was greatly inspired by anime called Initial D in my teens day and was an evo fun as well as Impreza, but looking at the reliability and maintenance costs it's just not profitable. My friend from DSRLeasing had one and even if it was a really fun ride, things were getting down pretty quickly.
Well it's not a car for everyone, it's a car for only the few who really can appreciate it and willing to live with all the consequences, certainly not for being profitable!

Good pricing. Original Evo 2 but price is not over 50k. Even converted evo from Lancer CB can cost over 50k sometimes. Modified EK Civic hatch also cost more than this despite using a normal chassis.
Naah those people are just trying their luck to sell such converted cars as high as that but can they really sell at the end?? I really doubt so unless they drop the prices a lot or just still stuck with their cars forever. Who in the right mind would buy converted Lancers at the same price or almost at the prices of real Evos?? :stupid: I've seen plenty of converted Lancers trying to sell at 40k also still just hanging around with no takers. Same case as the fake type Rs...

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching

at that price and the chances of being stopped at every roadblock in Msia and getting grilled for suspicion of illegal body mods.... no thanks.
it will not be stopped in every road block la bro, dont scare other people, it is ce9a as listed in the green card, only things suspicious:smokin::nurse: is the manufatoring year,lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Well it's not a car for everyone, it's a car for only the few who really can appreciate it and willing to live with all the consequences, certainly not for being profitable!

Naah those people are just trying their luck to sell such converted cars as high as that but can they really sell at the end?? I really doubt so unless they drop the prices a lot or just still stuck with their cars forever. Who in the right mind would buy converted Lancers at the same price or almost at the prices of real Evos?? :stupid: I've seen plenty of converted Lancers trying to sell at 40k also still just hanging around with no takers. Same case as the fake type Rs...
I guess you are right. One can sell whatever price they want but whether can it sell or not, that is another matter. :biggrin:

Talking about converted Lancer Evolution, I've seen a few converted Lancer CK into Evo 4,5,6 and claim they are even converted to 4WD. When it comes to cars like Wira, Satria, Putra and Perdana converting to 4WD, they look like a big issue because they are not legal due to welding and cutting at rear subframe. But as for these Lancer CK? I'm thinking are these converted 4WD even legal or not.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

it will not be stopped in every road block la bro, dont scare other people, it is ce9a as listed in the green card, only things suspicious:smokin::nurse: is the manufatoring year,lol
Plain looking won't be stopped. I have seen one they mod until the intercooler in front of the bumper, straight away police see also will stop them......lol:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Plain looking won't be stopped. I have seen one they mod until the intercooler in front of the bumper, straight away police see also will stop them......lol:driver:
Problem is, there are so many Wira converted to CE9A by cutting out the rear fenders to make it 100% look exactly the same. Hence when they see a CE9A, they will get itchy to stop it thinking most likely it's such illegal conversion even though it is original CE9A. How to also make CE9A look plain coz it already got the intercooler up front as stock, plus the stock aggressive bumper and wing.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Problem is, there are so many Wira converted to CE9A by cutting out the rear fenders to make it 100% look exactly the same. Hence when they see a CE9A, they will get itchy to stop it thinking most likely it's such illegal conversion even though it is original CE9A. How to also make CE9A look plain coz it already got the intercooler up front as stock, plus the stock aggressive bumper and wing.
Hide intercooler......lol
Lucky my VR the intercooler nicely hidden under the bumper.....hahaha

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

Those mod until intercooler mount in front of bumper.
Sure kena stop. lol...

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya

there's also wira swap with lancer chassis punched number back to original proton chassis number. bolehland is full of surprises. :driver:

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh

Speaking about wira 4wd. My ex col has one. Damn crazy mod with upgraded turbo, stroker kit, big brembo and roll cage. He told me so scary to drive out everytime and hard to sell because can't send for jpj inspection anymore unless convert it back to normal wira. I think Izso know him since his car appeared in racenotrice.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Now a days interior modification of the car has really grabbed the attentions of the car enthusiasts and they are showing up with different innovations almost every day.The reason is simple.More innovations in the car's interior materials.Car interior is a wide terminology but I will, for the sake of simplicity stick my self to the car dashboard.
Obviously the first thing of the car interior which comes into notice is the dashboard bearing lots of panels and slots and if job well done,one...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience