Cefiro A32 Gearbox Problem - Slow Engage

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
Hi all...

My Cefiro A32 30GV lately having some gearbox issues. Previously, when push the stick to D, gear will engage immediately but lately it wont. Sometimes it'll take 2~3 seconds to engage (move) and during engage, there's a loud "kong" sound from gearbox/engine.

I have learnt that whenever the engine is cold, the problem will be there. So, normally i push to 2, after engaged gear and moving for say 10m or so, then only switch back to D.

So.. sifus, does this mean that the gearbox is time for an overhaul? or is it some other minor problems or sensors that causing these problem?

Anyone done overhaul gearbox b4? How much is the cost? Will it be better if just get a used gearbox from the junk yard?

Opnions and feedback appreciated!!

polaris

Aug 7, 2008
My previous gearbox same problem with u, my foreman mentioned that my gearbox is not in good condition, then bought 2nd hand gearbox from fren finally.

funguy

Nov 11, 2006
I face the same before but the reason is due to the automatic transmission fluid is not sufficient. Check if the level is correct?

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
hi polaris,
How much did u spend for the replacement of gearbox? Is it just "plug and play"?

Hi funguy,
Since the car only in my hand recently (company car), therefore i dont know the prev history. But i do noticed gear oil leakage, which i solved last week... So, i suspect the gear oil actually ran dry b4, and caused this permanent damage.

Hi Seizai,
Hav not tried the ecu reader. Possible to get anything from there?

Bump: Another problem recently...
The idling is not stable, ie the engine supposed to be smooth and steady during idling, but sometimes it'll "shiver" and shatter slightly, causing some minor vibration onto the body. Happened only recently. Anything to do with the sensors or perhaps the spark plugs?

Thanx!

The idling is not stable, ie the engine supposed to be smooth and steady during idling, but sometimes it'll "shiver" and shatter slightly, causing some minor vibration onto the body. Happened only recently. Anything to do with the sensors or perhaps the spark plugs?

Thanx!

polaris

Aug 7, 2008
hi polaris,
How much did u spend for the replacement of gearbox? Is it just "plug and play"?

Just plug & play only, i bought gearbox for RM600 with my own then sent it to foreman for installation cost abt RM700++ including oils..etc..

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
most important its to use original nissan Matic-D auto oil, any other normal oils will shorten the lifespan if your g.box. I have not use toyota or honda auto oils, but its best to stick with nissan oils.

Also, check your engine and g.box mount.

My friend drove his fatty for 400kkm, auto oil always use original and change very 20kkm, no problem.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
hi polaris,

Hi funguy,
Since the car only in my hand recently (company car), therefore i dont know the prev history. But i do noticed gear oil leakage, which i solved last week... So, i suspect the gear oil actually ran dry b4, and caused this permanent damage.

Hi Seizai,
Hav not tried the ecu reader. Possible to get anything from there?

Thanx!

Thanx!
Haiyah its a classic vq problem , heard this problem b4 a hundred times on this site, so far no accurate solution yet:- try to check the im gaskets, throttle position sensor, maf , air filter rubber hose, ignition coil plugs,injectors, etc . Dont get too hasty on changing those items . Make sure b4 changing.:biggrin:

As for the AT, i suggest u change to a secondhand unit(kedai potong). Repairing ur at will not last long. And don't touch recond units.

If u r getting 'potong unit' try to get thye same cc to avoid gremlins later.:driver::driver::driver:

stephen

Known Member
Dec 19, 2004
how many litres af ATF do you guys put in when you change your oil? when we say 'adequate' how much is enough? do you do cold reading or hot

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
about 4L when only change oil, about 5L when change the auto filter, and 8L when you take out the g.box and empty the torque converter.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
wonder will it happen to mine not :hmmmm:
Seizai , manual gearbox r 'Macho man' , hence i dont think there is such problem. ATs r more prone to problems like 'pretty woman ' leh, you have to take good care of it,:rofl:hehehe...

Bump:
how many litres af ATF do you guys put in when you change your oil? when we say 'adequate' how much is enough? do you do cold reading or hot
Yeah ineadequate ATF will fry ur gb.:driver:

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
soli, me only a humble fatty driver not a mechanic.

MT common problem will be bounce gear, hard engage, slip clutch

Bump: soli, me only a humble fatty driver not a mechanic.

MT common problem will be bounce gear, hard engage, slip clutch

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Things might be top of the stakes for their production cars with the 1M Coupe on the way as well as the brand new F10 M5 but on the circuit it’s a bleak affair for BMW, having broken many hearts by leaving the Formula One circuit at the end of last season. The trend continues as they have just announced that they’re pulling out their...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience