proton wira 1.6(A) n 1.8(A) gearbox

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
i heard that proton wira 1.6 n 1.8 gearbox always got problem n some explode.... :D

bridgestoneRE711

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2005
yeah , that is why government bann it from entering the parliment site . hahaha ...

no explode la , normally very jerky or the worst is u can suddenly hear a loud stucked sound and no more ... habis .

antaras

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
KL
Visit site
proton 1.6 and 1.8 auto are the same? Anybody can clarify for me?

eakamal

Known Member
May 18, 2005
Kuala Terenggan
Lot of people who use wira 1.6 & 1.8 faced with gear box problem.Me also use 1.8 auto.My pomen said this 2 model had a 'manja' gearbox :D ..It must service correctly 20k km change gear oil.Next 20k km should replace ATF filter + atf oil.Do it regularly..Wrong gred ATF also can damage it..suggest use proton ATF.

Jul 21, 2010
Penang
I was follow as you said, every 20k change gear oil and every 40k change oil filter, but my gear box still breakdown at gear 1 cannot move the car and need use the gear 2 to driver and change back to D.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yup....

1.6,1.8 and perdana share the same gearbox...

even the ecu code was same (as told by my mech....not verified by myself)

and these GB kong easily..especially if the driver have heavy foot syndrome.... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

nowadays...price at halfcut also high leh...last time my gb kong....kena 1.3k for gb price only....ask my mech. to convert manual...but he doesn't want to do it...but my car already towed there...if not better i tow to other place who can do it.... :bawling:

-so now have to stick with auto..later in few years if kong again last resort convert to manual....sure with add-on power to engine.... :nurse:

as servicing....suggested to use proton atf (original not imitation one) and every 20k or during 3rd-4th time engine oil change...(to change the atf as well)

currently drive at snail-highway-pace and practice featherweight-right-foot habbit....:biggrin:

Jul 21, 2010
Penang
ya. i using proton Gear Oil. and every 20k change Gear oil and every 40k change gear oil and oil filter.

but still same the gear kong after 110km. this is second time i change the GB.

now i using haft cut GB and found the Car is no power and no same as before change GB. do you know what happen?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
try flushing the ATF back???since it was coming from half-cut rite???

japs tends to leave their car without proper maintenance....

well..my plan if the box kong again later sure convert to manual....(actualy planned this when my gb kong b4...but need the car urgent..so don't realy have time to leave the car for a long period)

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

try flushing the ATF back???since it was coming from half-cut rite???

japs tends to leave their car without proper maintenance....

well..my plan if the box kong again later sure convert to manual....(actualy planned this when my gb kong b4...but need the car urgent..so don't realy have time to leave the car for a long period)

Jul 21, 2010
Penang
ya , have try it b4. but still same. tuning done also same no power.

i think is time to change the engine to MIVEC is better.......when my GB kong again

Jul 21, 2010
Penang
My GB kong again......

who can advise what type of mitsubishi gear is match with this Wira 1.6XLi gear box?
can replace this 1.6XLi gear box?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
My GB kong again......

who can advise what type of mitsubishi gear is match with this Wira 1.6XLi gear box?
can replace this 1.6XLi gear box?

try look for 4g63 sohc auto gearbox (1st gen perdana 2.0 sei)

it was a perfect match.....

btw my gearbox still survived till today with more than 150k km on the odo since last time gearbox replacement....

p/s: also go get an external (atf) oil cooler for your gearbox...i got mine with small cooling fan from evo's atf cooler.... :adore:

*example of atf cooler with fan: [WTS] Used ATF Cooler with Fan for Perdana V6.

*i got mine exactly like this:

p/s: picture owned by danzeterna :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys , recently my Wira car got some engine starting problem , whenever i started the engine , the engine will become weak , and failed to operate , this makes me everytime when starting the car , hv to accel 1st to warm up the engine it just will become stable , can somebody tell me what kind of things is spoil oledi in my car ??

sry for poor english writing !!! :tongue:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience