Dilemma on choosing Recond Sport Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Need help from experience people here, I having dilemma on choosing what Recond sport car to buy
1. Fd2R - Good car, easy to find spare part, but no spare tyre, and very bumpy ride.
2. FN2R - Hard to find spare part, and less power.
3. DC5R - Nice sporty look
4. Golf GTI - Well balance car, but DSG gear box problem ?
5. Audi TT - spare part expensive? since it is AUDI
6. Subaru V9 - Turbo car, any overheat issue?
7. Evo 9 - Good power, good look, but interior like driving proton Wira
8. Subaru BRZ - very nice car, lack of power, may be STI version

My concern are
a. Reliable - Not much problem, not those car always in workshop more then driving, less headache.
b. Spare part - Not over price, at least fair enough, and easy to get.
c. I like turbo car, but overheat become my main concern, as I always stuck in KL traffic jam.
d. Fuel consumption - I not those super rich guy, but at least I affordable.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
As you can see yourself, each got its pros and cons. So I guess best is ask yourself first. What are you looking for in a car, what price range, and how much can you spend on maintenance... Then you will get your answer :)

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
These are sports cars?

Need help from experience people here, I having dilemma on choosing what Recond sport car to buy
1. Fd2R - Good car, easy to find spare part, but no spare tyre, and very bumpy ride.

My concern are
a. Reliable - Not much problem, not those car always in workshop more then driving, less headache.
c. I like turbo car, but overheat become my main concern, as I always stuck in KL traffic jam.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

My concern are
FD2R, FN2R and DC5 you can only pump RON97 into them as their engine compression is very high. So, the bill you pay for the petrol won't be cheap for sure.

I'm not too sure about Golf GTI but the maintenance should be around the same with Audi TT or slightly cheaper.

I heard people said Audi TT is considered to be one of the cheapest sports car to maintain. That's why you see lots of them around the roads.

Impreza WRX STI Version 9 and Evo 9 are both powerful turbo cars. These 2 are probably the most fuel consuming cars in your list. But at the same time, both of them are also the fastest car in the list as well. But be prepared to pay a lot for the fuel consumption.

Since not many people have owned BRZ or 86 yet, so I can't really get much info about them in this forum. But looking at the specs of BRZ, the maintenance and fuel consumption should be quite okay. It doesn't have much of fancy high tech equipment so chances of random breakdowns of random parts is lesser compared to more high tech equipped cars like Golf GTI and TT. But as many have said, the problem with BRZ and 86 are, they don't produce that much of power. (however, you can still go for engine swapping after you got bored with the original engine)

Last but not least, since you mentioned that you're always stuck in KL traffic jam, I hope you are aware that FD2R, FN2R, DC5, WRX STI and Evo only comes in manual transmission. Unless you are going for DC5 Integra Type S auto, Version 9 Impreza WRX auto (not the STI version) and Evo 9 Wagon auto.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
if a person is really really into the his sports car, maintenance and cost isn't issues anymore. As long it feels good driving it.....nothing else matter. eat maggi oso can. hahaha...from motorhead POV

On the other hand, my fren says his wiralution is a sports car......consider its engine is a performance type. Look wise isnt sporty, but the exhaust sound is a sports car. but then, a wiralution car with 4 door isnt a sports car categorically.....hmmmmm

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
if a person is really really into the his sports car, maintenance and cost isn't issues anymore. As long it feels good driving it.....nothing else matter. eat maggi oso can. hahaha...from motorhead POV

On the other hand, my fren says his wiralution is a sports car......consider its engine is a performance type. Look wise isnt sporty, but the exhaust sound is a sports car. but then, a wiralution car with 4 door isnt a sports car categorically.....hmmmmm
True, if you can really afford such an expensive sports car, maintenance and petrol bill should not be a problem already. Unless the person is stretching his budget to the limit to afford a sports car.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Perhaps biased...Want a sport car but say no spare tire and bumpy ride...hmm~ Very contradicting
Why not S15? robust SR engine there.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Perhaps biased...Want a sport car but say no spare tire and bumpy ride...hmm~ Very contradicting
Why not S15? robust SR engine there.
From his description, he sounded like he wanted to get a practical sports car that he can use everyday. Then I guess cars like DC5, FD2R, FN2R, Evo and WRX STI does not suit his requirements....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
How about a second hand wira sports edition. One of those black or red ones they produced last time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Renault, a brand that was once known for its commercial vehicles like the Kangoo has been making significant strides in Malaysia. Over the past two years or so TC Euro, the distributor of everything Renault in Malaysia, has introduced a number of worthy cars like the Clio 1.6, Espace, Koleos, and the Laguna Coupe. But that's for ordinary people, leading ordinary lives and want...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience