2006 Range Rover Rims & Suspension System Problems

Rahman77R

Known Member
Oct 16, 2011
Petaling Jaya
A few hours ago while driving my boss's Range Rover I noticed a malfunction on the suspension system. I set the suspension to it's highest position but after driving a few hundred meters the suspension lowered itself automatically to it's default position. Does anybody on ZTH know any mechanics or workshops that specializes in Range Rovers?

Also looking around for a set of rims to replace the dented 22" X 10JJ KAHN Design RS rims that came with the car. Having trouble finding 22" rims for Range Rover. Any recommendation on tires & rims shops?

Attachments

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Could it be these?:

- The air suspension can't drive on the highest position for extended period?
- You have a leak?

are there any errors displayed?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Also looking around for a set of rims to replace the dented 22" X 10JJ KAHN Design RS rims that came with the car. Having trouble finding 22" rims for Range Rover. Any recommendation on tires & rims shops?
Try Hup Shun in Sunway. Not sure if he has 22" rims, but seen many huge rims there. Probably need to order if don't have....:driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Dented rims can fix..depends how bad..

Lowering itself, were you travelling at high speed? And the car lowers itself for aero purpose?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
maybe this will help

OFF-ROAD HEIGHT

Off-road height can be selected when the suspension is currently set to normal height, at any vehicle speed up to 70 km/h (43 mph). Press the up-arrow button on the electronic air suspension system controls. A confirmation message is displayed in message centre. See ELECTRONIC AIR SUSPENSION CONTROLS.

The off-road height setting is dependent on the vehicle's speed. The current off-road height setting is confirmed with an Off-Road (1) or (2) icon displayed on the touch screen, when the 4x4 info menu is displayed. See TOUCH SCREEN HOME MENU.

The Off-Road 1 height is 40 mm above the normal height setting, up to a maximum vehicle speed of 80 km/h (50 mph). The Off-Road 2 height is 75 mm above the normal height setting, up to a maximum vehicle speed of 50 km/h (31 mph). The suspension height can change automatically between these heights.

The Off-Road 2 height can be manually selected when at Off-Road 1 height, at any vehicle speed up to 40 km/h (25 mph). Press the up-arrow button on the electronic air suspension system controls.

To manually select the normal height suspension setting, press the down-arrow button on the electronic air suspension system controls. Alternatively, increase the vehicle's speed above 80 km/h (50 mph) to automatically set the suspension to normal height.

http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/document/LK/2016/T23339/18682_en_GBR/proc/G1800407

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
maybe this will help

OFF-ROAD HEIGHT

Off-road height can be selected when the suspension is currently set to normal height, at any vehicle speed up to 70 km/h (43 mph). Press the up-arrow button on the electronic air suspension system controls. A confirmation message is displayed in message centre. See ELECTRONIC AIR SUSPENSION CONTROLS.

The off-road height setting is dependent on the vehicle's speed. The current off-road height setting is confirmed with an Off-Road (1) or (2) icon displayed on the touch screen, when the 4x4 info menu is displayed. See TOUCH SCREEN HOME MENU.

The Off-Road 1 height is 40 mm above the normal height setting, up to a maximum vehicle speed of 80 km/h (50 mph). The Off-Road 2 height is 75 mm above the normal height setting, up to a maximum vehicle speed of 50 km/h (31 mph). The suspension height can change automatically between these heights.

The Off-Road 2 height can be manually selected when at Off-Road 1 height, at any vehicle speed up to 40 km/h (25 mph). Press the up-arrow button on the electronic air suspension system controls.

To manually select the normal height suspension setting, press the down-arrow button on the electronic air suspension system controls. Alternatively, increase the vehicle's speed above 80 km/h (50 mph) to automatically set the suspension to normal height.

http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/document/LK/2016/T23339/18682_en_GBR/proc/G1800407

Rahman77R

Known Member
Oct 16, 2011
Petaling Jaya
Try Hup Shun in Sunway. Not sure if he has 22" rims, but seen many huge rims there. Probably need to order if don't have....:driver:
Went to Hup Shun Sunway last weekend. They told me for Range Rover 22" rims it would have to be ordered. My boss nearly got a heart attack when I told him the estimated price for 22" Range Rover rims which was RM20K+ including landed cost.

Rahman77R

Known Member
Oct 16, 2011
Petaling Jaya
Could it be these?:

- The air suspension can't drive on the highest position for extended period?
- You have a leak?

are there any errors displayed?
Hi Tom, a lot errors displayed on the meter. Will try to take some pictures of the errors displayed.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Went to Hup Shun Sunway last weekend. They told me for Range Rover 22" rims it would have to be ordered. My boss nearly got a heart attack when I told him the estimated price for 22" Range Rover rims which was RM20K+ including landed cost.
Yup, remember 20" already way into 5 figure region, some more yours are Range rover's ones.....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

Anybody have done this mod..? Which Ferio model that suit to wira? How's the installation, need many alteration on the bolt & nut? Cost... Bumper only, with lip & sportlight.

Thanks,.

ZAM
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience