full lock lsd

kariayam

Known Member

kariayam

Known Member
Oct 3, 2007
is it normal for a full lock lsd to produce a hard 'kicking' sound when doing a low speed turn or corner?

how to tell if the lsd is already worn?

is there any other way to reduce the 'kicking' sound? (any recommended lsd gear oil that will reduce the noise?)

btw i'm using an aftermarket full lock lsd in an e3 gbox (when buying my e3 halfcut) since the drive shafts length are same as the standard evo driveshafts.

opp61

Known Member

opp61

Known Member
Dec 1, 2007
Bud

Dont know bout you but my R33 has the cling--cling sound when I turn but it get softer after the oil heats up.

How bout yours?

kariayam

Known Member

kariayam

Known Member
Oct 3, 2007
does the sound of yours 'knocks' hard when u do a turn at low speed?

mine always producing the kicking sound and knocks at low speed turns and never get 'softer' even the oil heats up.

however, if applying a full or high enough throttle, the lsd will 'lock" both drive shafts and no sounds or kicking at all.

ur r33 full lock lsd installed at the gearbox in front or at the rear differential?

thnks 4 sharing by th way...

renxun

1,000 RPM

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
my kaaz lsd produced same sound... knocking ... gets worst when oil heats up... the only way i bring the noise down is to use Lubeguard lsd treatment.... the one like toothpaste... it helped quite alot... however after seriously heated up it still clunk.... or maybe u should adjust your way of driving like throttle off during slow turn and give gas only when your car is straight...

jinkl

4,000 RPM

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i tink its normal la bro , im using a fwd full lock , hehehe, i frequently change my oil , gl-5 SAE :D , penzoil works for me, quiet :D

kroolada

3,000 RPM

kroolada

3,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
try used motul gear oil ff-lsd type 2. i used it at my evo gearbox with full lock lsd , no noise so far.

renxun

1,000 RPM

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
if cant find penzoil... can go get toyota lsd oil.. they are penzoil too....repacked by toyota to become oem product

kariayam

Known Member

kariayam

Known Member
Oct 3, 2007
if cant find penzoil... can go get toyota lsd oil.. they are penzoil too....repacked by toyota to become oem product
ooo thanks!!! i'm using the toyota lsd oil...never knew it is a penzoil too..

pijulrs

Known Member

pijulrs

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
Hi all,
I got some question to ask.What is the simple way to know the difference between full lock lsd and half lock lsd for 4g63 gearbox?im using gearbox series number W5M322-WQNK.Is it got lsd?

proPIPING

1,000 RPM

proPIPING

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
Hi all,
I got some question to ask.What is the simple way to know the difference between full lock lsd and half lock lsd for 4g63 gearbox?im using gearbox series number W5M322-WQNK.Is it got lsd?
put da front of da car on jack or stand to keep da front wheel hanging,rotate one side of the wheel,if the other side rotate same direction ask u rotate,your g.box have lsd in it....:listen:

Trinityblood

3,000 RPM

Trinityblood

3,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2007
put da front of da car on jack or stand to keep da front wheel hanging,rotate one side of the wheel,if the other side rotate same direction ask u rotate,your g.box have lsd in it....:listen:
yes...juz like chop shop doing all the time.hehe:biggrin:

momosyah

Known Member

momosyah

Known Member
May 16, 2006
My car when turn about 20km/h the tuk,tuk,tuk sound will produce the sound.A bit shy when to turn at residential area.:biggrin:But very best when running.

proPIPING

1,000 RPM

proPIPING

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
My car when turn about 20km/h the tuk,tuk,tuk sound will produce the sound.A bit shy when to turn at residential area.:biggrin:But very best when running.
always running laa like that...don't ever slow down hahaha:driver:

tandem

Known Member

tandem

Known Member
Sep 3, 2008
hi sifus i have 1 question about lsd... if normal mivec gb can can add lsd??:hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
as i was returning home last nite, suddenly there was a "clunk-clunk" sound continuously the higher i rev the higher the sound become & also my steering becomes heavy.......i tot farked man, not my gearbox again........or worst timing belt putus........so then i searched for the problem & sound....finally found it....my crank pulley was wobbling....& the screw attached to it (the 1 need to open when changing the auxilary belts & timing belt) was cracked.........

so wat could the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience