To take care of turbo engine

melanz

Aug 2, 2009
Tawau
I choose to use 4age sivlertop with addition of turbo charger. How to take good care of this type of combination. plz give advice:driver:

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Eh nobody seems to be answering this thread yet.must be sunday and everyone went out for sunday drive and i'm stuck in office working.hehe.
anyway if u r still with stock internals, keep the boost low.tune it properly and do frequent oil change.as for others must wait for the sifus to comment.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
What to do if not no money to pump petrol.haha.want to change bigger turbo also so got to work harder.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
take care of the oil, take care of the filter elements, just the basic stuffs

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
about air filters.i remember a few years back this guy with a silver top 4 throttle ask my mech about the power loss of his engine and when he opened up his hood,his open pod filter was so clogged up you cannot imagine.haha.either he drove in dirt road or his previous mech was an idiot.

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
I choose to use 4age sivlertop with addition of turbo charger. How to take good care of this type of combination. plz give advice:driver:
Use good synthetic oil.
Change oil more frequently.
Use higher octane gasoline.
Thicker head gasket to lower compression a little (4age engines usually are high compression).
Also, turbo timer to cool the off the turbo and to have oil properly drained out of turbo.

Good luck.

zendengoh

Known Member
Feb 11, 2008
KL Kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
and the cooling system as well.:proud:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
melanz,
u fit it in what car?

pathfinder

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
the basic 1 is using good quality engine oil. It's fine to use semi-synthetic, just make sure dont exceed 5000km. If u regularly high revving/high speed, this requires shorter oil change interval.

also make sure cooling system is tip top. (oil & water flow). Drain & refill water/coolant regualrly (i darin & refill coolant every 10,000km)

dont overboost

turbo timer is helpful if u dont have time to wait at least 30 seconds (for normal drive). I dont have timer because i have the time to wait

dlj9788

Aug 16, 2006
Basicly, The Engine Oil Is The First Thing u need to see, what grade u using ? hv u upgrade anything to ur engine beside turbo ? hv u change the piston ? hi or low compression ? dun boost too high if ur piston compression is hi, exp (13.1 > up) hv u change ur ecu cause original ecu will hv the limit and will lock the fuel when reach the limit. add fuel regulator . must hv oil press and oil temp meter with u. that`s my opinion, but the main thing is ur engine oil, becareful not to rev high and remember to change oil whenever its dirty already. scare the conrod bearing will damage.

dawg

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
Selangor
dawgsevo.blogspot.com
make sure u install an oil temp and oil pressure gauge...

i prefer to cooldown my engine base on looking at my oil temp gauge compared to using a turbotimer to wait 30sec-1min just to cooldown... with the oil temp, u know how hot the oil is. normal driving should be 85-95deg for oil temp. if between 110-120deg ease off and cooldown the oil..

after hard runs, and ure engine oil is say 120deg... the turbotimer running for 2 mins also will not cooldown the oil to 95deg. u need to drive slow and let the air run thru your oil coolers etc to allow cooldown of the oil back to operating temps...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

this morning my fren found that his car is gone when he going to work.....he suspect car get stolen by midnight.....his car is wira special edition black colour..wif engine 1.8 twin cam..16 sport rim..others all standard...location car stolen is sg.buloh new village...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience